Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference: Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs Minnesota Wild (W1)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Western Conference: Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs Minnesota Wild (W1)

I really think the Avs defense and youth are going to get exposed in the playoffs. Wild in 5.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Avs in 6.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Col in 4. I like Dallas, but there's just something about Patrick Roy and the playoffs. That and I don't trust Cool Bryz to hold up to the pressure of the Avs attack.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Minny in 6 as I think that they have a better D - Suter has lots of playoff experience. The X factor is Minny goaltending. Is Bryz going to be the man. How many goalies did they use this year?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

I went for Minny in 7, I see the Av's inexperience getting to them but next year will be different.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Administrator

I get the whole "Colorado is inexperienced thing" but Minnesota has a ton of youth as well. I'm talking Spurgeon, Brodin, Niederreiter, Granlund (if he ever gets healthy), Coyle, Haula, etc. Their leadership group is experienced but I'd argue the same for Colorado.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

For those of you that may have missed it, the 18 year old Calder shoo-in is putting on a show!!!! Make sure you tune in or watch the highlights.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    For those of you that may have missed it, the 18 year old Calder shoo-in is putting on a show!!!! Make sure you tune in or watch the highlights.
    No kidding... all 3 goals by the Avs are highlight worthy.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Veteran

Mackinnon is ****ing over the top. Its like he's juicing. So awesome.

The play on Landy's 2nd goal was so slick by Stastny too.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    The way he handled that pass at full-speed on the Landeskog goal was absolutely world class. The kid is an animal. Roenick was professing he's better as an 18 year old rookie than Crosby was and I can't say I disagree. Sid put up more points but the way MacKinnon played towards the end of the season (and in the playoffs so far) is astonishing. I'd like to see this Avs team go deep. Meanwhile, how great is Gabe Landeskog too? Add Duchene, O'Reilly, Stastny, Barrie, Varlamov and E.Johnson to the mix... their young core is filthy.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

Looks like Cooke was back to his dirt bag tricks again? Nasty knee on knee with Barrie who didn't return.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

Minnestoa absolutely dominated the entire game. Wow.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Minnestoa absolutely dominated the entire game. Wow.
    Yeah Varlamov got a workout!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Ninja

My grandfather had a saying he liked which was 'Be sure your sins will find you!' where he basically would point out that it was pretty tough to hide from the crap in your life.

On a related note we have the Colorado Avalanche. We have seen this story already this year with the Toronto Maple Leafs. You can only play like crap for so long and have a goaltender hide your flaws before things catch up to you. The Avs seem to be finally experiencing that same situation. They have been outplayed so often this year and got away with it because of superb goaltending and young kids who don't know any better.

The past two games have shown what happens when that luck starts to run out. They have been absolutely thrashed on the ice and it's stunning that either of those two games were close. This is a team that could go any direction next year - either fully collapsing and missing the playoffs, or smartening up, taking the next step and cleaning up the holes in their game to improve as a team.

The Anaheim Ducks are another team that are seeing the regression a bit in the playoffs. When they consistently have to play good teams and the effort level and defense creeps up just that extra little bit like it does in the playoffs, the underlying numbers that some people hate start to show their colours and these teams really struggle when it really counts.

Banned

good game, great tying goal, lets go