Thread: Kevin Hayes will NOT sign with CHI and will become a FA

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Kevin Hayes will NOT sign with CHI and will become a FA

http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.blogspot.ca/

Now onto my least favorite topic of the year. Early departures. As you already know, Johnny G has forgone his senior year and will play for the Flames this Sunday vs Vancouver. Billy Arnold also signed with Calgary and is expected to play Sunday. Here's what else you should know.

Patrick Brown has signed with Carolina. Congrats !

Kevin Hayes will NOT sign with the Chicago Blackhawks because of issues steaming from the departure of his brother Jimmy. Imagine if he signs with Calgary and the big line is back together.

Michael Matheson has not made a decision and will not make one for some time, according to a source.

I'll get more into this later but expect Miles Wood to be accelerated due to the fact that Johnny is not coming back. He, like G, is a left wing.

Go Eagles.
    I assume he is more interested in finding a team where he can be closer to getting NHL time and right now, I don't think Chicago is that team. Just an assumption on my part but that would make sense.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Kevin Hayes will NOT sign with CHI and will become a FA

I assume that's the case as well, he's earned the right to become a free agent and explore his options if that's what he chooses.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Administrator

The only reason would be to find a team more quickly because Chicago has actually been a good destination for forwards with size.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

I...am your father.

Good move. As a prospect, I would want the hell out of Chicago's system. I'd want to play at some point in the next decade #logjam

But that being said, I wonder if it's related to the team trading his brother to Florida? I mean - now if he chooses he can sign with Florida as well.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Good move. As a prospect, I would want the hell out of Chicago's system. I'd want to play at some point in the next decade #logjam

But that being said, I wonder if it's related to the team trading his brother to Florida? I mean - now if he chooses he can sign with Florida as well.
    Its funny, I was wondering the same thing when it came to his brother as well. As I say, I am simply speculating when it comes to him jumping ship simply due to lack of opportunities but I can see both being a reason for his choice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Wow...should bigger news than it is. Hayes has second line forward written all over him. Would LOVE TB to sign him...one can hope.

Dobber Sports Sage

Hayes had said that there was no bad blood about his brother being traded.

Good move for him since he can get to the NHL faster with a team with less depth than the Blackhawks.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

He has the size to satisfy Burkes requirements and the Flames are light on RW prospects,so there could be an interesting fit there. I don't see the idea of reuniting the BC line as a reason to sign him, different ball game in the pro's to college.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Initiate

Bringing this sucker back instead of starting a new one. In a bubble since we don't know where he will land, what kind of upside points wise do you see for him?

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
    He has the size to satisfy Burkes requirements and the Flames are light on RW prospects,so there could be an interesting fit there. I don't see the idea of reuniting the BC line as a reason to sign him, different ball game in the pro's to college.
    Flames and Florida have to be the front runner's IMO.

Both team's are young team and in the midst of a rebuild, which gives Hayes lots of opportunity to make the roster but also gives him the benefit of being able to make rookie mistakes.

Both team's have a distinct lack of RW's in their respective systems.

And both team's have reasonable ties to him through certain players in their system. He has his two linemates from college already Flames prospects, and it's quite likely that they are good friends. And in Florida, it's his big brother.

His biggest issue is skating. He worked on it a lot before this past season and it certainly showed. He's an intriguing prospect.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson