Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference: Chicago Blackhawks (C3) vs St. Louis Blues (C2)

Administrator

Default Re: Western Conference: Chicago Blackhawks (C3) vs St. Louis Blues (C2)

Good for the Blues. Blackhawks, you deserve this.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hockey gods dished out some justice here. I was a St. Louis doubter, I could be eating crow at the end of this series.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Gotta say, Backes is one tough, mean SOB. He could barely stand up after that hit, had no idea who even hit him, and was still trying to get after anyone wearing a Hawks jersey while the trainer was trying to keep him on his feet. Hopefully he isn't out long and is able to return.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Backes is also one of the best humans you will ever meet, he is all heart in all aspects of life... I hope he is back, I fear he is out longer than Seabrook. Wow that was intense. ( but in all honestly he was wrong in the Mac attack)

Dobber Sports Legend

This series will be 10x better than the Cup Finals regardless of who plays.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

Go Blues. Blackhawks are playing dirty, would love to see them lose.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Gotta say, Backes is one tough, mean SOB. He could barely stand up after that hit, had no idea who even hit him, and was still trying to get after anyone wearing a Hawks jersey while the trainer was trying to keep him on his feet. Hopefully he isn't out long and is able to return.
    He was trying to get after Toews because that little coward was talking shit to him while Backes was clearly out on his feet. Pretty classless from the Hawks captain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeSince86 View Post
    He was trying to get after Toews because that little coward was talking shit to him while Backes was clearly out on his feet. Pretty classless from the Hawks captain.
    yeah it's weird, I actually like many of the Hawks stars (Toews, Keith, Seabrook, etc) but they played like little whiny bitches today...wtf was that? Zero class, that's what it was. They're all better than that they should be ashamed...go Blues!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeSince86 View Post
    Yup, you're right. I'm a huge Toews fan, and would kill to have him on my favourite team, but that was an extremely classless and out-of-character move for him. From the coach on down, the Blues have turned the Hawks have into a rattled, classless mess.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Gotta say, Backes is one tough, mean SOB. He could barely stand up after that hit, had no idea who even hit him, and was still trying to get after anyone wearing a Hawks jersey while the trainer was trying to keep him on his feet.
    Maybe he saw an 18-year-old rookie that he decided he could take?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is not the Hawks team I've watched all year... They're trying to play a physical game but are just ending up playing dirty, cheap-shot hockey. I think it's a testament to their skill level that they have been able to be in both games, but they've let two third period leads slip away... I can only hope that they get back to their game in Chicago. It will be difficult without Seabrook, but it's the only chance they have. I fear that the defense of their 2013 Cup will be much the same as the defense of their 2010 Cup, and end in the first round.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Monster

Ugh, this series is a trainwreck. Hawks are not right. Not impressed with Toews either. I don't like this style of reckless hockey. Things need to change when they get on home ice. We can still beat these punks.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Maybe he saw an 18-year-old rookie that he decided he could take?
    Yeah and maybe Toews saw this as an opportunity to talk shit to Backes when it wouldn't result in him getting smacked around. I like Toews but today's stunt was classless. That goes double for Seabrook and Keith, who's been slashing the back of players knees all series. Oh and Bickell, who's throwing knee to knee hits. Hawks need to learn there's a difference between physical and dirty.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am sure this goes on all the time and the camera doesnt pick it up but man, Duncan Keith has been down right cheap with this stick. Even everyone's favorite critic pointed it out last night on Coaches Corner. In case you missed it, you can watch it here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...tars-1.2615863
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

it's a shame about Backes...
    two years ago the blues were knocked out when they lost AP to an illegal hit and now again dealing wih it...
    Hopefully someone takes a few more of Keith's teeth out before all is said and done.