• Yes

0 0%
  • No

24 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Veto Worthy Trade?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Veto Worthy Trade?

Totally fair deal so it's pretty bogus that it was vetoed.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ace

what a joke, I'd seriously consider quitting the league. Who are they to tell you how to run your team?! I'd be spitting venom mate.

You lose short term but gain in the long run, I like this deal for a rebuilding team, but, as the old adage goes... a prospect is still a prospect, they haven't proven anything.... Doesn't matter if its Drouin or Joe from your local beer league.

BS veto, get angry

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaKiller View Post
    No rules around trading. No cap.

I'd been trying to trade Sharp for a while. Players over 30 in this league are almost garbage for some reason. This was by far the best deal I was able to make, but it got vetoed...by the same people who would not give nearly as much.
    That's a joke. Sounds like they just wanted to stop your trade partner from getting better for the playoffs. I can't see any other reason why they refused it - obviously you both wanted the deal. This is a selfish, corrupt veto by your league mates. I bet you if you did this a while before the playoffs they would have approved it - before their self interested bias kicked in.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I hate vetoing powers in a keeper league. In my opinion if you have two managers that agree to do the deal and it doesn't break any roster rules, why not? I personally think this deal is fair, but it reminds me of an issue I have in my league where our commissioner, who has a team in the league, vetoed a trade because a few members complained. A week later the same manager traded with a different team, but it was approved by the commissioner and the deal was nearly identical.

Plan to advocate that vetoing power is removed. Allow people to manage their teams as they see fit.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaKiller View Post
    Is this veto worthy?

Thanks.
    Ask yourself this question; Was there Collusion going on? If the answer is "No", then that trade should never be vetoed. In my opinion, cheating is the only reason a trade should ever be vetoed.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Can't believe anyone would give up Drouin, Strome and Yakupov for that return...but no not vetoable really. I would love to get the younger side here though.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Any league that has vetoes based on anything other than collusion isn't a league worth playing in. GM's who vote on vetoes are in direct conflict of interest and would have to be saints if their vote was completely impartial.

The Wolverine

You could even argue that a veto based on these reasons is borderline collusion in itself. They are essentially colluding to ensure trading partners cannot manage their own teams as they see fit.

Leave the league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That's garbage. Both managers fulfilled their teams' needs with that trade. I'd be raising hell if that happened to me. In no way, shape or form is that trade veto-worthy.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Can't believe anyone would give up Drouin, Strome and Yakupov for that return...but no not vetoable really. I would love to get the younger side here though.
    Sounds like the guy picking up Sharp, Bfy and Halak has a "win now" team; Drouin, Strome and Yakupov won't do much to help in the short-run. The deal makes sense to me, from both perspectives...

Dobber Sports Ace

Trade - sensible for both sides, nowhere near worthy of veto. League - not worthy of you staying.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Find a new league, that's whack.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Initiate

Late on this, but veto is ridiculous. Quality on both sides. Needs served on both sides. If the other GM was your brother, and he sent you Tanner Glass, Martin Erat and Ryan Smyth for what you sent him, then sure, I can see a veto. With both sides getting quality assets though, no call whatsoever for a veto.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Vetoing destroys a leagues integrity. IMO, the only trades that should be disallowed are those that clearly involve collusion. There is no vetoing trades in the NHL or in any other league, and there is no place for it in fantasy sports IMO.....managers pay their entry fee to run their team as they see fit. If a league has a majority veto rule, most of the time you will just get 'sour-grape' vetoes from petty and jealous managers when in reality, they could have made the same or similar trade if they put in the work. Managers that work the hardest to make deals happen should be rewarded, plain and simple.

If you are selective and don't join leagues with complete idiots, there should be no need for vetoing period. Everyone worries about their own damn team, unless there is a case of clear collusion in which case the commish steps in and takes care of it.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    There is no vetoing trades in the NHL or in any other league, and there is no place for it in fantasy sports IMO.....
    This isn't actually true. Vetoes do happen in the league but it's rare and it's not in the hands of the individual teams. It's in Bettman's hands.

My league has it's veto power in the hands of the commish. I along with another manager are co-commish's. We run the league but we also hold veto power over rule changes and trades. The bi-power structure ensures no one person can unilaterally skew a major decision.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson