Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks guys

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Thanks guys

I asked for one column all week to shoot the breeze and contend who we we play the final week.
    Of course, of all the bullshit threads nothing posted on the most important thing in fantasy. I actually feel a bit ashamed for the Dobber site, because no one had the balls to call games or their outcomes. I called them over and over and over and was correct on them. Is that not your job Dobber?

When I win my pool again it won't be because of you. Just like your shitty ass baseball site, you should service much more. Maybe get some new writers and answer some questions here and there.....

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Thanks guys

What are you talking about?

Dobber Sports Monster

Blue Jays,

Not sure what you mean here. Is there a thread of yours we missed somewhere? If it's on the hockey side and no one responded to something I am sure it's just an oversight. Sorry about that.

If it's baseball related, I do not check the baseball stuff on a daily basis.

Anyway, unsure of what exactly made you mad.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    I asked for one column all week to shoot the breeze and contend who we we play the final week.
    Of course, of all the bullshit threads nothing posted on the most important thing in fantasy. I actually feel a bit ashamed for the Dobber site, because no one had the balls to call games or their outcomes. I called them over and over and over and was correct on them. Is that not your job Dobber?

When I win my pool again it won't be because of you. Just like your shitty ass baseball site, you should service much more. Maybe get some new writers and answer some questions here and there.....

Dobber Sports Guru

Shakedown has done a pretty good job asking all your questions recently. One of the factors is you start a lot of threads on Sunday, when the forums aren't as active as the rest of the week.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What exactly are you talking about here?? The most important thing in fantasy is probably the draft at the start of the season, so if you bought the guide then you were set.. Their are a lot of people or here to help out, and if we missed a few of your posts them I'm sorry, but your spite towards Dobber and the writing staff is uncalled for and way over the line..

You feel ashamed because a website that costs you "NO" money didn't help you call games or their outcomes?? What does this even mean??

I'm sorry but Dobber's job is not to cater to your every need.. I'm usually very understanding when it comes to stuff like this, but your being down right rude.. Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for someone with over 1,500 posts like yourself to say stuff like this, you should be the one who is ashamed!!

Dobber Sports Star

i have no idea what this guy is asking/complaining about
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ace

Like others have noted, what is your exact grievance? What did we collectively miss? I am with Zorro in that it isn't Dobber's or his writers jobs to cater to everyone's fantasy needs (of the hockey / sports variety) but they do a damn good job of it anyways, and that's precisely what the forum is for in any case. So, I guess sorry if we missed something and di not help you out on time but what is it that we missed exactly?

I for one can vouch that I have not seen 1 other site that has been helpful throughout my fantasy hockey questions and challenges, as well as given me an opportunity to air my own thoughts.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Stud

What a whiney gutless post.

I ask a lot of obscure questions here and there, and most of the bigger names on the site, like Dobber, respond to my questions. Largely, because I imagine they see no replies and want to offer a response.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Somebody call the Waaaaambulance! And get this poor lad a tissue.

I opened this thinking it would be an honest thank-you to those that work so hard to make this site happen, my bad.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Original Post was brought to you courtesy of...................awkward anger after losing one's league on the final day?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    The Original Post was brought to you courtesy of...................awkward anger after losing one's league on the final day?
    ...and considering it was at 4 am, I'd think there was some drinking involved. Just a guess.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Haha, exactly my first thought. Some serious sour grapes are fuelling this hissy-fit
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Feels like there has been a ton of questions answered both here in the forum and daily if you post a comment under the ramblings. I know that from time to time a question can be missed here or there, but generally most are responded to I think.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Ace

Ya, maybe it was a depressed, drunken 4am post. Let's see how he responds.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ryan Smyth is that you?