Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Losing Bishop was not good, but Montreal is handling their business beating the Bolts in almost all areas of the game. Montreal deserves this series win.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

I agree. This isn't on Lindback, especially not yesterday when he kept his team in the game during the first period. Their defence is just awful, awful.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can't say I understand all the freaking out about the no-goal call yesterday (interference). As per kerry fraser:

Kerry Fraser ‏@kfraserthecall 15h
    Cary Price knows this rule & works it to his advantage better than any goalie in the league. It's the rule & I will not debate it further!

Player who is in the goal crease & this results with impairment of goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal, the goal will be disallowed.

Correct call on disallowed goal! 69.3if goalkeeper in act of establishing his position within crease, initiates contact with an attacking
    Is it a stupid rule? Yes, absolutely. The sooner the NHL learns that rules can't be "grey", the better. Everything needs to be black and white. In my opinion, some things need to change: 1) All kicked in goals should be allowed. If they aren't comfortable allowing that, then do it the other way: Anything off the skate is disallowed. None of this "kicking motion" crap. 2) Same with goaltender interference. Make it black and white. All interference outside of the crease is fair game. If it occurs within the crease and the goalie is put out of position, blow the play dead. Otherwise you end up with calls like this, and then get into the question of "ok well how long does the interference stay valid for so that a goal is disallowed? 1 second? 5 seconds? Until he gets back in position? What is the definition of "in position"? It really isn't that hard NHL... make rules black and white and avoid the controversy.

But as it stands, the ref made the right call on calling it no-goal. If anything it just highlights the NHL's inability to develop clear rules. Until they do, expect more stupid - but arguably "correct" - calls to be made, like no-goal on plays where a goalie's skate is tapped when he's 3 feet outside the crease and it doesn't affect his ability to make a save 5 seconds later.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    The sooner the NHL learns that rules can't be "grey", the better. Everything needs to be black and white. In my opinion, some things need to change: 1) All kicked in goals should be allowed. If they aren't comfortable allowing that, then do it the other way: Anything off the skate is disallowed. None of this "kicking motion" crap. 2) Same with goaltender interference. Make it black and white. All interference outside of the crease is fair game. If it occurs within the crease and the goalie is put out of position, blow the play dead. Otherwise you end up with calls like this, and then get into the question of "ok well how long does the interference stay valid for so that a goal is disallowed? 1 second? 5 seconds? Until he gets back in position? What is the definition of "in position"? It really isn't that hard NHL... make rules black and white and avoid the controversy.
    Amen!

I'd maybe change the kick in rule to if the skate is on the ice, good, off the ice, bad. That's pretty easy to check on replays and stops people kicking at something a foot off the ice in a goal-mouth scramble.
    Love your goalie interference suggestion.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I agree. This isn't on Lindback, especially not yesterday when he kept his team in the game during the first period. Their defence is just awful, awful.
    Unless they have some big changes I don't see a playoff team going into next year.

Administrator

Here comes the sweep. Habs up one already.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

boooya!

Banned

**** yeah, he ripped that one!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Man, Montreal has just completely embarrassed and bum-rushed the Lightning in this series. I genuinely feel bad for Cooper, because I think he's a good coach and a really nice guy.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hoping for sweep, opponent has a bunch of habs - keep it low scoring.
    Mtl speed has just killed Tampa.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Administrator

Looks like I picked the wrong night for laundry.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Looks like I picked the wrong night for laundry.
    I'd think that pissing yourself with joy would make this a perfectly opportune night for laundry.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'd think that pissing yourself with joy would make this a perfectly opportune night for laundry.
    Well I'm doing it now so that kind of beats the purpose.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Well I'm doing it now so that kind of beats the purpose.
    Bonus load!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Bonus load!
    Yeah, as soon as the clothes come out of the dryer they get worn and then thrown in back of the line.