Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Except the actual goal happened well after the contact. Ron sticking up for refs as usual.
    I don't think there was anything in the rule about how long after the contact. And it's not like it was five seconds after. Price bumped into the Tampa player, and never recovered after that.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't think there was anything in the rule about how long after the contact. And it's not like it was five seconds after. Price bumped into the Tampa player, and never recovered after that.
    It was subbans fault the lightning player was even there.

It was simply wrong to wave that one off and if it happened to Montreal it would have been reversed due to the crowd.

Banned

I said I was close.

There is just no defending that call, habs fan or not.

If there is a hockey god, the lightning will win this game.
    **** off Ev...go watch last year's playoffs, till you get the sand washed outta your vagina

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    **** off Ev...go watch last year's playoffs, till you get the sand washed outta your vagina
    Classic post. At least newf Collins is posting rationally.

I'm done with this game. Bye folks.

Dobber Sports Guru

It was subbans fault the lightning player was even there.

It was simply wrong to wave that one off and if it happened to Montreal it would have been reversed due to the crowd.
    I don't disagree with Subban stopping the Tampa player from leaving. But once the player is in, it doesn't matter if he can't get out right away.

If Killorn was pushed in originally, then the goal would have counted.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Banned

Classic post. At least newf Collins is posting rationally.

I'm done with this game. Bye folks.
    ok shnookums, see you in 15 mins

Dobber Sports Genius

Im honestly this close to not following hockey anymore, it's clear there is extreme bias to the big market teams and the league is just a joke compared to other professional leagues. If the score holds this game is tarnished and so is the cup race. I've Had enough of this crap.
    Wait! I've heard this before. Didn't you say nobody takes me seriously anymore because I posted something about poor officiating against Ottawa?…

Yup, you did. I found it. http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...80#post1257080

That was in response to this post of mine I guess. http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...63#post1256363

Stick around, we need your input.

Dobber Sports Genius

Robin Lehner we was plowed by Vanek before the game tying goal was scored in the big collapse in March, no call, yet they call this bullshit in a playoff game. This is worse than the nba reffing.
    Nobody takes anything you say seriously after those comments about Ottawa players and PIM.

Stolen directly from the man himself. http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...80#post1257080

Gold Jerry. Gold.

Banned

LMAO...priceless

Dobber Sports Genius

Big win for Montreal and good for them for taking advantage of some bad luck and breaks for Tampa Bay. It happens.

Montreal is doing what they need to do. Finish it off quickly and they can get some rest.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

terrible no goal call on the lightning, arguably ending the series for them as well. a healthy bishop would have made this series interesting but it looks like habs will move on to round 2.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    terrible no goal call on the lightning, arguably ending the series for them as well. a healthy bishop would have made this series interesting but it looks like habs will move on to round 2.
    Agreed. A lot of things have been in Montreals favour so far this series, but kudos to them for taking advantage of them. They will need as much rest as they can if they advance and anything can happen next round too.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah I think Bishop being out really hurt the psyche of the Lightning. I'm not certain they came into the series feeling confident and their play has sorta resembled that. If Bishop is in the net I think we see a different Tampa team and they probably are not 3-0 in the series like they are now.

Dobber Sports Guru

Yes, the Habs have been lucky, but they have also outplayed the Lightning in almost every single period so far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Yeah I think Bishop being out really hurt the psyche of the Lightning. I'm not certain they came into the series feeling confident and their play has sorta resembled that. If Bishop is in the net I think we see a different Tampa team and they probably are not 3-0 in the series like they are now.
    Plus the Lightning aren't especially strong defensively, so in that scenario you need to get outstanding goaltending to compensate, and they aren't getting that either. The Habs are playing good hockey top to bottom, great efforts from all lines and of course great goaltending and that's why they're up 3-0