Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Does anyone know if Bishop is going to be ready? That makes this series. Unless Gudlevskis is ready to lock horns in another epic battle with Price.
    Maybe if Sandis Ozolinsh makes an appearance.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Administrator

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Maybe if Sandis Ozolinsh makes an appearance.
    I'm up for that!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    MTL relies too much on that top line and has mediocre depth past that other then Price.

Even with Lindback, I think TB takes this in 6 or even 5.
    Nonsense... one of the strengths of the Habs is their depth and cohesiveness.

I think I know what you mean here though, there are no big names outside of the top 3, that's true...it's not a flashy bunch. But you're making the mistake of extrapolating from that that they are just mediocre, which they are not...they're actually really solid players that do a lot of things well. The best analogy I can give is that they are built much like the Blues (not quite on the same level yet to be sure, but similar in construction)...top notch D and goaltending with a top line built of 2nd tier guys (2nd tier on teams with superstars, anyway...Pacioretty, Vanek vs Backes, Oshie). Look at how the scoring is distributed on teams like this...no one is near ppg, 50-65 pts is enough to lead the team and they get a ton of offense from their D. The rest of the forwards are all in the 30-45 range, but they are versatile and they work hard...the offshoot of this is that not only can they produce (and defend) from any line, they're used to it, they're used to spreading the scoring around and playing the whole 'greater than the sum of our parts' mentality.

I really dunno which way the series will go, but I expect it to go the distance and be close...gimme Habs in 7!

Dobber Sports Guru

Lindback starting game 1 for sure:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lightni...5547--nhl.html

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

I think they can easily beat the Lightning but I don't see any difference between this year's Habs and last year's. I don't think they are built for the playoffs and I think Vanek will show why nobody was really head over heels about him at the deadline.

Habs in 6 here...BUT, Ryan Callahan can be the difference maker and if they win it will be because of him.

Dobber Sports Stud

I could only think that the biggest difference, is that Price was struggling late last season, and injured. Whereas, this year he seems to be rolling!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I could only think that the biggest difference, is that Price was struggling late last season, and injured. Whereas, this year he seems to be rolling!
    He needs to prove he can play in the playoffs. He can.

Administrator

Oh my goodness, Linback!!!

Banned

Man TB is leathal if you give them chances like the Habs have, to some degree they are beating themselves tonight, I'm not impressed with the way they've played defensively at all

that said, I ****ing hate TB, teams from FL have no business in the playoffs...go Habs!

Dobber Sports Ninja

That was an absolutely filthy assist by Killorn to set up Stamkos for the tying goal. Great effort and snazzy pass. Tyler Johnson is flying out there. Eller looks like he might be a factor out there tonight. OT should be fun!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Man TB is leathal if you give them chances like the Habs have, to some degree they are beating themselves tonight, I'm not impressed with the way they've played defensively at all

that said, I ****ing hate TB, teams from FL have no business in the playoffs...go Habs!
    I think it's been a pretty dominant game for Montreal but pretty much every mistake has ended up in the back of the net. Tampa Bay is like a fat kid on an Oreo.

Banned

yeah but you can never fault a team for taking capitalizing on chances

- - - Updated - - -

anddddd just as i type that? booyaaa! great shot! Habs definitely had to work for this win, hopefully they make it easier on themselves from now on

Dobber Sports Ninja

Full points to Montreal for the effort tonight. Lindback is shaky back there for TB. I wonder if they try to rush Bishop back early or go full gamble with Gudlevskis?

Dobber Sports Legend

Great start to the series - exciting game from start to finish. Briere still clutch in the playoffs.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Guru

As good as everyone says Montreal was, I think they still struggled last night and need to get better quickly if they are going to win.

Their powerplay was horrific, especially that one at the end of regulation.
    Their faceoffs winning percentage was pretty bad. They were something like 6-for-28 on offensive zone faceoffs.
    They iced the puck a lot, especially early on. With Tampa being so dominant in faceoffs, it's a good thing for the Habs the Lightning didn't take advantage.
    They gave the puck away a lot.

It's weird. I thought three lines played well. They took a lot of shots. They had some scoring opportunities. They created turnovers. They had the puck most of the time. Yet, I don't remember them playing that great a game.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid