Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference: Detroit Red Wings (W2) vs Boston Bruins (A1)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Detroit Red Wings (W2) vs Boston Bruins (A1)

Boston in 4.

Sweep
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Bruins in 6.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Administrator

Poll added. Get your votes in.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

Boston in 6.

I want to take the Wings here since everyone is on the Bruins... but I can't do it logically. The Wings have done an admirable job down the stretch and many players have stepped up huge. However, the reality is the Bruins are primed for a long run and they are healthy as can be going into the post-season, aside from Bergeron. I expect the Wings to make it respectable but I think getting to the post-season was a struggle and I don't see how beating a team that coasted there is going to happen. I also feel that Howard is to shaky although putting together a few wins to end the season.. RASK > HOWARD and by a wide margin in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Expert

There's not much to add here. I like BOS's goaltending better. I like their D depth better. I like their F depth better. They're the best 5-5 team in hockey. The only reason to not pick a sweep here is out of great respect for Babcock and the heart he coaxes into that team.

BOS in 6.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ninja

Boston in 5. The Red Wings get a win because of a lucky bounce

Dobber Sports Ninja

Boston in 6. The Bruins are vulnerable on D, but have the best forward depth (four tough lines to play against) for the playoffs AND Rask in net. Chara may have lost a step, but he will ramp up the hate and be a very nasty guy to play against. I love Detroit and think they could pull the upset here, but without Zetterberg and Datsyuk playing at less than 100%, I think the kids get schooled in playoff hockey by one of the best in the NHL. I know many of the Red Wing "kids" have won in the AHL, but still, it's da Bruins.

Administrator

Datsyuk just broke my brain.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Some serious Datsyukian magic, WOW!!!!!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Banned

Legend.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Datsyuk just broke my brain.
    He does that from time to time.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Novice

Fantastic goal with the drag then skate through traffic and bury the puck in the back of net. You could hear a pin drop in the Garden!

Administrator

Administrator

The Magic Man.

Banned

great clip, but it needs to go back further another 3 seconds...