Default Picking my last keeper

I'm in a keep 6. Team is in the sig.

My 5 locks are
    Stamkos
    Toews
    Perry
    Hall
    Quick

after that, who would you keep? I have reason to believe that good goalies will be available in the draft (eg I know a friend of mine is not keeping Bernier, and Schneider is likely back in the draft too, to name just a couple guys).

For the past few weeks I've felt like Smith is the guy, but people have warned against that. People have also strongly urged me to keep Bishop, but I'm still not sold that the crease is his for the forseeable future with Vasilevski looming and the possibility that he can't maintain his play next year. Landeskog is the other guy in this - and lately I've been leaning towards him because he's a multicat beast and still so young.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Picking my last keeper

Keep Landeskog. He literally fills up all 9 skater cats you play with. In your format he is gold! Your correct in the fact that you will get back your 2nd goalie in the draft maybe its Bishop, Smith, Bernier etc as you mentioned but regardless you will get back a solid starter and you did not lose Landy.

As for your feelings with Smith / Bishop, I would keep of kept Bishop over Smith. I love that Lightning team and its getting better and better and so is Bishop. I don't worry to much about Vasilevski yet, he is still not close to being the Lightning starter.

Keep Landeskog. Bishop is a very close 2nd.

Dobber Sports Deity

I would also be keeping Landeskog. Be prepared to grab a goalie early in your draft though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I guess it depends on "if" you can grab a goalie early in your draft.. You say guys will be there, but how many others will be thinking the same way??

I guess I would take that chance and keep Landeskog, as he is a great fit for your stat cats..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Considering its a ROTO league I think you have to keep Landeskog because he's a stat monster.
    Hockey
    12 team H2H Keeper League (Yahoo)
    30 Player Rosters - Keep 15

Categories(12)(8 player, 4 Goalie): G, A, GWG, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, Save%, SO

C: Kopitar, Spezza, Getzlaf, Matthews, Malkin
    L: B. Schenn, Guentzel
    R: Perry, Zuccarello, Coyle, Kessel
    D: Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Klefbom
    G: Holtby

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think I wouild keep Landeskog and Bishop and not protect Toews. I don't see where Toews is big in your league and I would much rather protect a winger over a 2nd C. Keeping Bishiop simplifies your draft because while guys are working to lock down a goalie, you can cherry pick a skater.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I think I wouild keep Landeskog and Bishop and not protect Toews. I don't see where Toews is big in your league and I would much rather protect a winger over a 2nd C. Keeping Bishiop simplifies your draft because while guys are working to lock down a goalie, you can cherry pick a skater.
    Doubt I'd drop Toews. If nothing else, he has big trade value. He's a point per game player with a good amount of SOG and plus minus, and he's actually a pretty good SHP threat (small factor, but its true). I struggled with plus minus this year so I'd like a stud like Toews for that. Plus minus is fluky but players like Toews are money in the bank to be comfortably in the plus category.

EDIT: another factor which I think is relevant is the relatively large roster size. 3 c, 3 lw, 3 rw allows you to take high offense guys with little peripheral stats, and fill in your bottom 3 (1 at each position) with a guy who maybe doesnt get more than 40 some points but hits and gets PIMs - think Brouwer, Clowe, etc - same goes with the 6 D slots which is plenty of room to fit a goon who maxes out at 25 pts ike Gudas. So you aren't pressured, IMO, to stuff every slot with guys who do everything well. That's been my philosophy. I had the most PIMs and second most hits in the league this year, and that's with "softies" like Toews and Pominville.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry