Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen - Dustin....MCGOWAN!

I...am your father.

Default Ladies and Gentlemen - Dustin....MCGOWAN!

Dustin McGowan - everyone doubted him.

I kept saying - he has the best stuff on the Blue Jays, he just needs to stay healthy. But he gets named a starter and it's all doom and gloom in Toronto. And then tonight he gets the start against RIVAL (and the team unanimously considered better) Baltimore - against their ACE no less. "At best, he can't even go six innings" they say.

So what does he do?

He goes 6.1 innings, 0 earned runs and the win. Shuts the door!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - Dustin....MCGOWAN!

I don't think anybody questioned his ability to pitch, he has great stuff. It's April right now, come back at the end of May or mid June and if he's still healthy at that time then it's fair to say everybody was wrong. It's a long season sir.

I...am your father.

I jus tdon't think anyone felt he had even one game in him. I'm glad that he did. If he's out for the season tomorrow, I still call it a statement game and am very happy for him (as the only McGowan owner in the world)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

How's McGowan treating you these days?

I...am your father.

Still on the bench - need to see two in a row before I activate him

Three good innings, but clearly lacks stamina. But Delabar gave up the grand slam (so McGowan got docked another 3 runs)

Trouble is (for Jays fans) - Dickey is doing that too. Four innings of shutout ball and then he blows it.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Hutchinson was a complete stud last night.. 9 inning, complete game, 3 hit shutout!!

McGowan who??