Thread: The Great Evander Kane

Dobber Sports Stud

Default The Great Evander Kane

I've been on the EKane rollercoaster for a few seasons here and as you all probably know, it's had its ups and downs. I like the guy because my league counts hits and shots which makes this guy a stud. In fact, at the beginning of the season when Kane was ripping, he was a top 3 player with our cats.

However, the consistency is not there... Now there are assault charges... Rumblings of him being traded in the off season...

Has anyone heard any 'concrete' trade rumor involving Kane, or is it all smoke?
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: The Great Evander Kane

I have a wet level-crete trade proposal where he goes to Philly for the Schenn brothers or Sean Couturier.
    It's a very sloppy, poorly mixed proposal.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I have a wet level-crete trade proposal where he goes to Philly for the Schenn brothers or Sean Couturier.
    It's a very sloppy, poorly mixed proposal.
    I like Kane but the Flyers would never deal Couturier for him. Besides, the Flyers are more keen on Buff da Stuff.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I've been on the EKane rollercoaster for a few seasons here and as you all probably know, it's had its ups and downs. I like the guy because my league counts hits and shots which makes this guy a stud. In fact, at the beginning of the season when Kane was ripping, he was a top 3 player with our cats.

However, the consistency is not there... Now there are assault charges... Rumblings of him being traded in the off season...

Has anyone heard any 'concrete' trade rumor involving Kane, or is it all smoke?

Nothing " concrete" no..

The Jets will be listening though, you can bank on that. If they smell a deal that makes sense for them I personally believe they'd pull the trigger on a deal. I'm sure all the antics and such has been a distraction to the team and management.

The issue is he's probably their best talented assest and they have holes to fill ( cough ..cough ) goalie especially.

Whatever decision they made it needs to be the right decision. I do not think anything happens fast. They cannot screw this up. What does Kane become and what will they get in return? They don't want to get less value in return and he goes somewhere and blows up and becomes a super stud. So they need to determine how they view his talent level, maturity level and such.

They also need to have a shit down with him and really dive into the player and find out if he is 100% committed to the franchise, his teammates and the community. My guess is that he is not.

Dobber Sports Titan

Dare I say that maybe another Canadian team with a goalie who is from the province and wants out? Reimer clearly wants out of Toronto, and the leafs have a clear secondary scoring issue. More pieces would need to be involved though. Reimer for Kane would be a steal for the leafs.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Reimer and Lupul for Kane would be a great move for the Leafs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat View Post
    Of course it would, no sane GM would trade E Kane for a terrible back-up goalie (they've already got one in Pavelec) and a band-aid boy. Kahdri for Malkin would also be a great trade for the Leafs, lol.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ninja

E.Kane isn't going anywhere unless the Jets get a very, very good return. The kid has so much potential. He's only 22 and has played four seasons in the NHL. Scored 30 goals as a 20 year old. Agree that he is not without controversy, but he has the potential to be a dominant force if he can mature and bring it consistently. He's got another 2-3 years, then I will sour on him! The Jets are going to be a better team next year with Mark Scheifele another year more experienced. Patience!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

I agree the Jets should keep him and keep investing in him. I just question if he wants to be there and what else may be going on that we do not know about. If the player is not invested in staying somewhere he is limiting his potential in himself and his team. I just feel that he would like a fresh start elsewhere and the Jets will have to move him. Something has to give this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    E.Kane isn't going anywhere unless the Jets get a very, very good return. The kid has so much potential. He's only 22 and has played four seasons in the NHL. Scored 30 goals as a 20 year old. Agree that he is not without controversy, but he has the potential to be a dominant force if he can mature and bring it consistently. He's got another 2-3 years, then I will sour on him! The Jets are going to be a better team next year with Mark Scheifele another year more experienced. Patience!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I agree the Jets should keep him and keep investing in him. I just question if he wants to be there and what else may be going on that we do not know about. If the player is not invested in staying somewhere he is limiting his potential in himself and his team. I just feel that he would like a fresh start elsewhere and the Jets will have to move him. Something has to give this off season.
    Agreed, especially if the player doesn't want to be there.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Something has to give this off season.
    I think you're right. The Jets need to take the next step and they have a few players, Kane included, that could land a significant return.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agree with everyone in here for the most part.........the Jets SHOULD ask the world for him, there is some unreal untapped talent still there waiting to reward a patient team. That said, I also agree that there is a good chance he doesn't want to be there and that may force their hand. I know for a fact that he is not very well liked locally for some of his off-ice exploits, that never helps.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Any team that acquires E.Kane will be rewarded greatly.. I have a feeling that E.Kane needs a change of scenery, and a trade will definitely wake him up..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I agree with this.

I don't think he doesn't want to be here. He may like it more somewhere else, but I don't see him asking for a trade, and I don't see Chevy making a move unless it's a phenomenal return. There is no reason to rush this. He's young and so is the team around him. I think a lot of the side stories with Kane are blown out of proportion, and in some cases not true. With guys like Wheeler, Scheifele and Trouba stepping up and becoming 'star' players, I'm thinking that Kane might be able to blend into the team a bit more and share some of that local spotlight. I think that would be good for him. Anyway, Kane will like it a lot more here when he's converting ridiculous passes from Scheifele.

BTW, the recent 'assault' charges are a complete joke. Apparently Kane waited for the guy outside his work, jumped him and literally beat him from head to toe. Police looked into it and saw no reason to do anything.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat View Post
    I was thinking Kane to toronto for Reimer, Gardiner and Kadri.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault