Thread: Andersen or Gibson?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Andersen or Gibson?

If you had to stash one goalie as a keeper in a franchise league for next season and the future, which one would you take from these Ducks goalies?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Andersen or Gibson?

I own Andersen, but I'd rather have Gibson. Gibson is the golden boy.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ace

You have to think Gibson but ever since Quick played lights out a few years back, I can't help but think Gibson could get Bernier'd by Andersen.

There's no reason it couldn't happen. My guess is Andersen for next 2 then Gibson after that
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    You have to think Gibson but ever since Quick played lights out a few years back, I can't help but think Gibson could get Bernier'd by Andersen.

There's no reason it couldn't happen. My guess is Andersen for next 2 then Gibson after that
    That's how I see it too. Only reason Gibson is even up now is because Andersen is injured. I expect Hiller to be gone next season and Andersen will be given every opportunity to be the starter. Wouldn't surprise me if Gibson spent the whole year in the AHL. Long-term, Gibson feels like the right choice but Andersen has looked fantastic in his rookie year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Gibson is only 20, he'll get his chance in a couple years but for now Andersen is the better own. Gibson has been good in his first two games, but they're only two games.

Like mentioned above, Bernier was the golden boy in LA and look how that turned out. Andersen is not a schmo, these are two of the best young goalies in the league. At the start of the season Goldman had them ranked as the 3rd and 4th best goalie prospects.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by seanavery View Post
    If you had to stash one goalie as a keeper in a franchise league for next season and the future, which one would you take from these Ducks goalies?
    Any way possible to hold onto both? It would be ideal if you can handcuff them.
    What does your goalie situation look like?

Dobber Sports Guru

one guy is 0.932 in 4 seasons across 4 leagues and the other is 0.925 in 3 seasons across 3 leagues...

so the upside is you probably can't screw this up too badly!

dakkster's golden-boy comment is probably the kicker for fantasy value... plus that guy is younger and American (so will get more media hype).

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Gibson is only 20, he'll get his chance in a couple years but for now Andersen is the better own. Gibson has been good in his first two games, but they're only two games.

Like mentioned above, Bernier was the golden boy in LA and look how that turned out. Andersen is not a schmo, these are two of the best young goalies in the league. At the start of the season Goldman had them ranked as the 3rd and 4th best goalie prospects.
    Bang on.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov