Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jaroslav Halak will not re-sign with Washington

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Jaroslav Halak will not re-sign with Washington

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Maybe just extricating yourself from the Caps goalie situation entirely would be the best move.
    I would try, but it could be pretty difficult. Historically goalies have been quite expensive in our league and people hold on to starters like crazy.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My thinking is he'll be a stopgap for a crappy team.
    Duude... he's already ruled out going back to Washington.

But on that note: Crappy team + potential goal-tending fiasco = Vancouver (or Toronto... or Edmonton)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Legend

After hearing Halak told Oates that he was "uncomfortable starting against his old team" I have a feeling the Caps aren't too upset about going in a different direction either. I mean, who really says that??
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Administrator

Price has a no-Halak clause in his contract.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

According to a source close to the situation, TFP has learned that Halak will not sign an extension with the Capitals and will test the open market this July.
    How much stock do you put in this report?
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    New that was coming, Oates threw him under the bus about the issue of not wanting to start vs St. Louis and talking about it publicly.
    Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    After hearing Halak told Oates that he was "uncomfortable starting against his old team" I have a feeling the Caps aren't too upset about going in a different direction either. I mean, who really says that??
    Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    How much stock do you put in this report?
    This was actually reported over a week ago here: http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...e-playoff-spot
    Halak, 28, said he’s not given much thought about what he’ll do at the conclusion of this season – he’s due to become a free agent on July 1 – but made it clear the Caps have not discussed a contract extension with him and that he fully intends to test free agency.
    So doubtful Oates calling him out has anything to do with it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Islanders and Wild both looking at having openings in net. Also the Jets could use someone to fill Ondrej Pavelec's five-hole.
    We would take him here in Wpg. Guess he doesn't want to go through a split goaltending situation again. Actually we would probably take Holtby in Wpg.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1. I definitely believe WAS saw enough out of Grubauer this season to go forward with Holtby/Grubauer.
    2. I don't see Halak fitting on a contender. I think NYI & CGY are most likely landing spots for him.
    3. I see MIN signing Brodeur for one year, going after Cory Schneider inn two years. (I can even see MIN compliancing NickBaks small contract just to make a goalie spot if they are certain Brodeur will sign.)

Dobber Sports Deity

There's nothing to say he won't still end up in Washington next year. Just because he wants to test FA doesn't mean he won't sign a new contract. There's a difference between a contract extension and signing a new deal. I expect Halak to go fishing and see what's out there. Washington could still come calling and may offer more then others. Time will tell.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    3. I see MIN signing Brodeur for one year, going after Cory Schneider inn two years. (I can even see MIN compliancing NickBaks small contract just to make a goalie spot if they are certain Brodeur will sign.)
    I feel like Minnesota has a magical bucket of money that is actually bottomless and never runs out.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    We would take him here in Wpg. Guess he doesn't want to go through a split goaltending situation again. Actually we would probably take Holtby in Wpg.
    I really just wanted to make a Pavelec joke but honestly, if they care about winning Pavelec is amnestied and they throw money at Hiller or Halak to help solidify the position. I don't think that makes for a complete solution - Halak and Hiller would rank somewhere around 15 if ranked the goalies in the league but that's better than 35, which is right around where I have Pavelec.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Niklas Backstrom had surgery in late March and is listed as out for the rest of the year / playoffs. It is my understanding that you can't use a buy-out (regular or compliance) on an injured player. [I believe that made Heatley and Havlat ineligible for buy outs last season.] Also, $3.4 million for a starting goalie is a heck of a bargain; it wouldn't surprise me if Minnesota wanted to see if Backstrom could reclaim a starting gig once he's finally healthy (he battled that stomach issue all year, presumably the surgery will fix it).

Dobber Sports Legend

Seems like Halak is passed over again tonight by Oates. Holtby supposed to start.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

And for some goddamn reason John Curry is getting the start over Bryz. Oh well, I'm carrying both Halak and Holtby on my active roster right now. Nothing important at stake, just the championship...
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    And for some goddamn reason John Curry is getting the start over Bryz. Oh well, I'm carrying both Halak and Holtby on my active roster right now. Nothing important at stake, just the championship...
    I know everyone says NHL teams do not care about fantasy hockey and they shouldn't. But when John Curry gets the start you know they're just trying to screw with people.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust