Thread: who to drop for brad miller?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default who to drop for brad miller?

brad miller just came up on waivers. want to pick him up, just don't know who to drop for him. also thought about picking up gattis, cause i have just 1 catcher.

C - S. Perez
    1 - Goldschmidt
    2 - A. Hill
    3 - Longoria
    SS - Segura
    OF - C. Gomez, Holliday, K. Davis, A. Pagan, Kemp
    Util - M. Adams, Gyorko

SP - Greinke, Kazmir, Wacha, Teheran, Estrada, Gallardo, Minor
    RP - Romo, Soria, Santos, Brothers, Lindstrom

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: who to drop for brad miller?

My first choice would be A Pagan as he is usually one of those OF's that is readily replaceable on the waiver wire thoughout the season, and it snot like he offers much more then a decent average and some moderate speed stats - if he stays healthy of course. But odds are he might get 20+ steals this season which is his only bonus, otherwise he hits around .280 with single digit HRs and totals for RBI and R in the 70's maybe? Miller likely brings you 15 SBs and 15 HRs for sure, and similar numbers elsewhere which puts his value at 2B much higher then that of Pagan.

I would also put Davis in that same category as Pagan (easily replaceable), so go with whatever your gut tells you on the two is what I would say - pick on you like and drop the other for Miller.

Gomez and Holliday are must keeps, and Kemp has such a high ceiling if his health stays that he cannot be dropped yet. Davis and Pagan .

Dobber Sports Rookie

Does your league count holds? If not, I'd drop Rex Brothers. The rest of your relief staff is pretty solid and your starters are good enough that you don't need Brothers to help bring down a high WHIP and ERA. If holds are a category, I'd drop Davis.

As far as Gattis, you have a very solid C with the chance at a breakout season and very impressive final numbers. The only time to carry two catchers is in a two catcher league. If Perez gets hurt, which is unlikely, Gattis or his equivalent will be available on the wire should that need arise.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd probably drop Pagan. I am also assuming Gattis has dual position eligibility at C/Of at least for this season
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek