5 DAL COLLE, MICHAEL OSHAWA OHL LW 6' 1.5" 182
    6 VIRTANEN, JAKE CALGARY WHL RW 6' 0.75" 208
    7 RITCHIE, NICHOLAS PETERBOROUGH OHL LW 6' 2.25" 226
    8 PERLINI, BRENDAN NIAGARA OHL LW 6' 2.75" 205
    9 FLEURY, HAYDN RED DEER WHL D 6' 2.5" 203
    10 MCCANN, JARED SAULT STE. MARIE OHL C 6' 0.25" 179
    Top 10
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Central Scouting Final Rankings

Thanks for linking!
    I know nothing (yet) about this year's prospects, but I believe I recall seeing a few articles saying that the top three were above the rest.
    Is that true?
    Are the top three going to be the "top three" regardless of team order in the draft???

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Top 10
    Top 10 NA Skaters. Not necessarily the top 10 overall.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Thanks for linking!
    I know nothing (yet) about this year's prospects, but I believe I recall seeing a few articles saying that the top three were above the rest.
    Is that true?
    Are the top three going to be the "top three" regardless of team order in the draft???
    IMO guys like Draisaitl and Dal Colle should be considered just a bit below the Big3, if at all. Dal Colle is a pure scoring winger with great size, speed, skills, etc. and I see a lot of Anze Kopitar in Draisaitl, a guy who could've competed for a top-3 spot but had some consistency issues this year. I think Bennett is the clear-cut #1 choice, partly due to his age (June, 1996 -- compared with October/November 95 for Reinhart/Ekblad) and his development curve being ahead of his draft peers at his age. Also in Bennett's favor is his feisty streak, which could be GOLD in multi-cat leagues. He reminds me a lot of Toews, as he's got that "clutch" scoring ability and edge to his game.

I think this draft isn't really getting a lot of credit because it doesn't have a Mackinnon/Drouin, and 2015 obviously has McDavid/Eichel; however, there are a bunch of quality options and I'd guess several above-average fantasy options within the first round.

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    IMO guys like Draisaitl and Dal Colle should be considered just a bit below the Big3, if at all. Dal Colle is a pure scoring winger with great size, speed, skills, etc. and I see a lot of Anze Kopitar in Draisaitl, a guy who could've competed for a top-3 spot but had some consistency issues this year. I think Bennett is the clear-cut #1 choice, partly due to his age (June, 1996 -- compared with October/November 95 for Reinhart/Ekblad) and his development curve being ahead of his draft peers at his age. Also in Bennett's favor is his feisty streak, which could be GOLD in multi-cat leagues. He reminds me a lot of Toews, as he's got that "clutch" scoring ability and edge to his game.

I think this draft isn't really getting a lot of credit because it doesn't have a Mackinnon/Drouin, and 2015 obviously has McDavid/Eichel; however, there are a bunch of quality options and I'd guess several above-average fantasy options within the first round.

Cheers.
    A lot of people also compare Bennett to Dougie Gilmour as well, for multiple reasons. He game looks like Gilmours and the fact he is coached by Gilmour can't be discarded (he also wears #93) as well. Toews is a good comparison as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Cheers.
    How much of have you actually seen of any of these players living in Pittsburgh?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Speaking to the OHL guys, I don't see a whole lot of difference between a player like Sam Bennett and Michael Dal Colle so it's certainly close. I feel Bennett has a higher upside but I love how Dal Colle plays and thinks the game and feel he has a ton of room to grow.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Going to paste a Twitter convo I had with Corey Pronman last month, re: Nylander

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman Mar 12

Skill level on Willie Nylander is incredible. As a U18 just went through 3-4 SHL players like it was nothing.

Ed Cunningham ‏@BloodonIce Mar 12

@coreypronman How does that fit with the "No elite 2014 eligibles" thing?

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman Mar 12

@BloodonIce my view has been consistent that if anyone could be a star from the draft, it's him.
    Hide conversation

Pronman isn't exactly infallible (what scout or prospect writer is?) but I thought this was an interesting bit of insight.

Dobber Sports Stud

Cheers.
    Ekblad is a 1996, this was his third OHL season only because of the exceptional status that he received. But obviously your point remains with respect to Bennett vs. Reinhart.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    How much of have you actually seen of any of these players living in Pittsburgh?
    The internet exists in 2014.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

From what I have seen and read to this day, we're looking at a crop of potential top 6 forwards, top 4 D, but no potential generational superstars. Obviously superstars can't come out of every draft, but good players can come just the same (i.e. RNH for EDM). I think Ekblad is the most talented of the bunch, but that's just me. I wonder of Bennett will be more successful at the NHL level than would Reinhart, in the style of the Taylor vs Tyler debate from a few years back. I don't think these guys are those 2 players, but they won't be bad players necessarily either.

Drafting 18 yr olds is such a crap shoot, even in the consensus top 5 or so.. It's hardly a science, no matter how much it tries to be. I think we've got a bunch of Sean Monahans.. Who will be very solid contributors, who can be all-stars and who can produce significantly, but who you would hesitate to call elite. Arnott, Elias, Sykora... Langenbrunner, S. Koivu, K. Primeau, Hejduk, Lang, Hossa, Roberts.... Guys that post some hefty numbers for stretches, but not guys who will routinely threaten for the league lead in scoring.

I'd still take one of them on my team, that's for sure. I just wouldn't expect any of them to be Taylor Hall or Nathan Mackinnon, 'cause they ain't...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The internet exists in 2014.

These are my favourite battles on the forum lol.

I am relying almost completely (unfortunately) on internet clips. I love when I can get the chance to watch them in person (I narrowly missed the chance to watch the Oil Kings and Wheat Kings in the playoffs last week!! Argh!!!), but otherwise am stuck with a lot of internet. We all are. Don't tell me Ross or Youngblood travel around with the teams they scout lol, but they do give solid opinions.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Thanks for linking!
    Is that true?
    I've been reading up on the high end prospects for this draft for awhile, and catching a game here and there while I can. I think it would be fairer to say that the top 5 are above the rest. And while there are some good European prospects (e.g. Kapanen, Nylander, etc.), I wouldn't put any of them in the top 5. Mind you, I know a lot less than Pronman...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I've been reading up on the high end prospects for this draft for awhile, and catching a game here and there while I can. I think it would be fairer to say that the top 5 are above the rest. And while there are some good European prospects (e.g. Kapanen, Nylander, etc.), I wouldn't put any of them in the top 5. Mind you, I know a lot less than Pronman...
    Thanks! (REP)
    There always seems to be an early first-round drop off at some point.
    I'm always curious where people feel the talent drops off.

If I recall, last year there was good depth with a significant drop off after the first 16 (!!!) picks.
    I think I read that somewhere.

Appreciate it.