Thread: Team has changed dramatically - help me decide on my 2 skating keepers please

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Team has changed dramatically - help me decide on my 2 skating keepers please

My goalie keeper will be Rask - all of my other goalies were either injured, hurt by a late season trade or both :-(.

There is a chance that the guy I traded with to get Rask will drop Corey Crawford at the end of this year so I could get him next year in the draft giving me a great 1-2 punch in goal.

My issue is with the skaters. My 3 best players (IMO) are Toews, Sharp and Duchene. In the discussion (but on the outside of it right now) are Frans Neilsen, Gustav Nyquist, Mats Zuc and even Matt Niskanen. I don't think any other players are even worth consideration.

I got decimated this year with injuries and underperformers (Tavares. Duchene, H Sedin, D Sedin, Pascal Dupuis and Cam Ward). I ended up dropping them or giving them away in trades to try and make the playoffs. Tavares was at the maximum allowable number of keeps so he did me no good on my roster and no one was going to give me anything for him so he was a drop :-(

I know that folks on this website are not as high on Sharp as me, but he contributes in all cats. He has the second highest shots in the league behind only OV and he has been a 30 goal scorer for multiple seasons in a row. If I were building a real team, I would take Toews ahead of him in a heart beat because of his intangibles, but as a fantasy team, it is hard to choose any of my skaters ahead of Sharp.

So right now I am leaning towards keeping Sharp and Duchene (Duchene over Toews because of his dual position, because of his age and because I think he is on the verge of breaking out).

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Team has changed dramatically - help me decide on my 2 skating keepers please

I still think you keep Toews, Duchene and Rask here in a 10-team league. You keep your best assests and you will still get very solid wingers with the league only being 10 teams and a keep 3.

Not sure of your draft situation and trades, etc. But you could move Sharp and Nyquist for picks / future picks possibly, but again in only a keep 3 with 10 teams that's 30 players.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Team has changed dramatically - help me decide on my 2 skating keepers please

Can't say i've ever heard of someone dropping Tavares...
    Keep 3 - no one will want Nyquist.
    Sharp may get you something decent though!

I agree though; keep Toews, Duchene, & Rask
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Legend

I would definitely go with Toews, Duchene and Rask.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Stewpaloop View Post
    Can't say i've ever heard of someone dropping Tavares...
    The OP stated that Tavares was at his maximum number of keeps...and given he's out for the rest of the year....he'd have exactly zero value. He must be dropped at year end, and can't accumulate anything for the rest of the year. But yeah, what a painful drop...