Thread: Back-to-Back Fantasy Stanley Cup Champion!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Back-to-Back Fantasy Stanley Cup Champion!

I shut my opponent out 12-0 in my finals last week and brought home the fantasy Stanley Cup, making it back-to-back championships!! Pretty pumped. Won about $400, but like my slogan says "I don't do it for the money because no one pays up anyways"... it's all about the sweet taste of success and the bragging rights over all my hockey buddies. I put a lot of time and energy into my fantasy team and it's made me appreciate the sport a ton more, so that's also a win in and of itself.

Thanks to.....

Big big thanks to Dobber for an awesome fantasy guide this past year, and thanks to a lot of you guys for helping me out during the season (horrorfan, mound, axeman, kovulchuk, eyenerd, penguin, letnry, among others). Thanks to Ovi for all the goals, but no thanks for your awful minus all year. Thanks to Getz for being my keeper from last year and for having a career year. Thanks to Couture, Petro (my keeper for next year), Wheeler, Dubinsky, Wisniewski , Gudas (for all your PIMs Hits and Blocks). No thanks to Letang, Nash and Ribeiro for your injuries and crappy year (never drafting you again). No thanks to Pavelec (and Dobber, sorry) for convincing me to draft you and sucking so bad. Thanks to a guy in me league for trading me Burns for a late season push, and for another idiot who dropped Varly mid-season. Thanks to Mason for holding down my G fort all year, but I hated every single one of those Philly wins. Thanks to Cammalleri, Palat, Nyquist, Giordano, Beauchemin, Brassard and Gordon for kicking ass every time I picked you up for a spot start... those are always a key to winning the fantasy cup for me.

Last but not least, thank you Kathryn Tappen for being a smoke show. Oh, and to my wife... I promise we can finally hang out now.

Now... LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo 12-man, H2H weekly, single yr, no keepers, 3-gm goalie min, 4 waivers/wk
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%

C: Getzlaf, Brassard, Gordon
    LW: Couture (C), Nash (RW), Cammalleri (C), Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Wheeler, Burns (D)
    D: Pietrangelo, Giordano, Gudas, Beauchemin
    G: Varlamov, Mason

IR slot: Letang

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Back-to-Back Fantasy Stanley Cup Champion!

Congrats man! Now starts the work on the three-peat!

SWEET! Congrats man! I too won back to back championships ... but not as dominant as your win. I was down 5 -6 going into Sunday and pulled off a 7 -3 win It wouldn't have been close if it wasn't for all my injuries though (Tavares, Letang, Doughty, McDonagh, Lupul, Fowler to name a few).

As letnry said .. it's time to start planning for the three-peat! I'm going to make a draft ranking list now and prepare for next year!
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

I'm in roto with three teams neck and neck for first place. Winner takes 1600. Hopefully griess and Khudobin can lead me to victory and I thank dobber as well for getting me here .

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Congrats! I'm going for a B2B championship this week myself mostly due to this sight, their tools and writers, and it's community.