Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

I'm pretty sure the mountain will dies from his chest wound... so perhaps the trial is a tie... what that means for Tyrion has me bet... either way, you had to anticipate Oberyn dying here, was kind of predictable. Great character and definitely sucks balls to see him die. Pretty cool death scene though.

Sir Friend zone got banished, Dany just lost everything there, seemed exceptionally foolish to me, but then again, she didn't bat an eyelid when her brother threatened her and got killed for it, he betrayed her in a similar fashion...

Amazing episode, I'm so friggin pumped for the culmination of this season. I hope John Snow survives the wall, but, knowing this programme, there will not likely be a happy outcome there either.

Sansa's evolution was awesome, she's definitely learning the game.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Banned

Time for Sansa to fully develop as a character.

if you know what I mean

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    A little too frequent? Isn't that the whole point of the books and the show? Life doesn't end with a "and they lived happily ever after". People die all the time. I thought we learned early on that we shouldn't have favorites in this story.
    Yes. That's my point. I completely understand and agree with the "good doesn't always win" theme. I thought I said it in this thread, but I'll say it again. I've agreed with just about every death to this point. I was shocked for weeks after the Red Wedding, and even though I somewhat liked Robb, I still agreed with it. I love seeing Martin do what other shows wouldn't. I love that it's fair game for 'everyone'. This is not a problem for me, not sure why you think it is one. It's one of the reasons this show is as good as it is.

Also, I look past "favorites". Oberyn wasn't even a favorite. Hell, he was in the show for about 7 episodes. He did grow on me just because I wanted to see him get his revenge on Gregor, but not on Tywin. Maybe it was the way they killed him off thats finally left me bitter over a death. For once, I do not agree with a death in this show. It was just way too soon to kill him off. I felt they should have built him up more. If they think building up Dany to be the "savior", the good one who finally wins for good... well that would... be awful. And predictable. I'm hoping the fair-game clause applies to her as well.

My favorite character is and has been Tywin Lannister since season one. He's won every single encounter to this point. However, even I will tell you his time is coming... soon. Then again, I was 100% certain Oberyn would win the trial and look what happened. Tywin just keeps winning though. Every single encounter, he wins. Even small ones. Would Oberyn winning the trial have been that damaging to Tywin? No. Not at all. But Tywin has gotten what he wanted every single time.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    I'm pretty sure the mountain will dies from his chest wound... so perhaps the trial is a tie... what that means for Tyrion has me bet... either way, you had to anticipate Oberyn dying here, was kind of predictable. Great character and definitely sucks balls to see him die. Pretty cool death scene though.

Sir Friend zone got banished, Dany just lost everything there, seemed exceptionally foolish to me, but then again, she didn't bat an eyelid when her brother threatened her and got killed for it, he betrayed her in a similar fashion...

Amazing episode, I'm so friggin pumped for the culmination of this season. I hope John Snow survives the wall, but, knowing this programme, there will not likely be a happy outcome there either.

Sansa's evolution was awesome, she's definitely learning the game.

Wait, you're saying there's even a slight chance The Mountain dies from that battle? For me it was more about continuing to develop Oberyn for future seasons/events rather than being happy for his revenge of actually killing Gregor so that wouldn't change much. But shit, why even make Gregor die from that? My hopes of Sandor facing off with and eventually killing his brother would die as well!

I guess they need some way to get Tyrion out of this. I figured Jamie would step in and do something heroic, but a tie would be interesting. IMO, you don't have to worry about Snow. I think there are about three untouchables in this entire show, meaning three people that are unlikely to die until the very end (if that).

1. Jon Snow
    2. Brandon Stark
    3. Tyrion Lannister

I'd be shocked if any of these characters died, especially Snow. I just can't imagine it ever happening to Snow. OK, I'd be much less shocked if the other two died. If I had to shorten my list to one, I'd be confident in saying Snow is an untouchable.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Wait, you're saying there's even a slight chance The Mountain dies from that battle? For me it was more about continuing to develop Oberyn for future seasons/events rather than being happy for his revenge of actually killing Gregor so that wouldn't change much. But shit, why even make Gregor die from that? My hopes of Sandor facing off with and eventually killing his brother would die as well!

I guess they need some way to get Tyrion out of this. I figured Jamie would step in and do something heroic, but a tie would be interesting. IMO, you don't have to worry about Snow. I think there are about three untouchables in this entire show, meaning three people that are unlikely to die until the very end (if that).

1. Jon Snow
    2. Brandon Stark
    3. Tyrion Lannister

I'd be shocked if any of these characters died, especially Snow. I just can't imagine it ever happening to Snow. OK, I'd be much less shocked if the other two died. If I had to shorten my list to one, I'd be confident in saying Snow is an untouchable.
    I'd agree with that list of untouchables, probably add Daenerys to it as well though. Between being a Targaryen and having the dragons, I imagine the story is going to end up revolving around her quite a bit as we get closer to the end. As for Tyrion, how many people in this show face death and get away? Not too many, yet Tyrion has many many times already. It makes me think he'll be around, but oh man him dying would just be so god damn hard. As for Bran, don't want to give things away, just suffice to say I agree with you about him being on the list.

Also I don't know how much anyone here pays attention to internet theories, but R+L=J makes me think Jon Snow is for sure in it for the long haul. Just such an awesome, interesting theory that makes so much sense and would really add an awesome wrinkle to the story. Although at this point I know GRRM knows about the theory, so I'm sure even if that's the direction he was going he will change course.

As for these deaths (Oberyn's specifically) having no meaning, I would have to disagree. His death definitely sets some things in motion, not necessarily the things you would expect though. This show is still in the meat of the story, with so much more to cover.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Wow, just watched it tonight - intense ending...............

Dobber Sports Stud

^(Fast Tony DeNiro) For sure. While I'm in shock and disbelief with all these shocking deaths, I'm just disappointed in this one is all. And I just want to state that because I'm disappointed with his death doesn't mean I disliked the episode. The ending was phenomenal. The episode was one of the best yet. I feel like I'm so stuck up on this one part that I haven't even talked about the rest of the episode.

For me to say it was the right or wrong thing to do-- whether I agree or disagree with it-- doesn't matter because I am not GRRM, I am not the writer of this show. GRRM knows what he's doing. Oberyn's death certainly has meaning which will lead to something else. I watch, I enjoy regardless of what happens.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Ace

1. Jon Snow
    2. Brandon Stark
    3. Tyrion Lannister

I'm about as certain as one can be that the mount has to die, medieval times and he takes a spear to the chest...come on, if he lives it belittles the series imo. He had enough energy in him to kill Obeyn but I reckon he's toast too.

I tend to agree with the list Bran especially... you know he's going to kick some serious ar*e at some point down the line, but from what we've seen GRRM do to built up characters I'm thinking no one is untouchable and everybody is fair game.

It'll be a happy day when Cersei finally gets hers though... hopefully she does, have hated her since s1ep1

I don't think Dany should be on that list, you'd think she'll be gone before the end for sure, she's too dumb to survive.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Star

I don't know how somebody could survive those kinds of wounds, with their medical technology. Not unless some form of magic or witchcraft was used, anyway, which we have seen in the realm. I suppose that we haven't seen The Mountain remove his chest plate, so it's possible that it isn't as bad as it looked. In the books though, there were slightly different factors with The Mountain.

My one complaint about Oberyn's death, is that it was a little over the top comical. I am not sure anybody has the strength to squish a man's head like that, and even if the strength was possible, I am not sure a human head would explode like it did. It didn't happen quite like that in the book; in the book, the Mountain grabbed his head while his thumb on that hand pierced Oberyn's eye, and he punched him a couple of times with the other gauntleted fist, breaking open his skull in the process.

I also think that Oberyn's death is more important than people realize. It is necessary to progress the story, although in a different direction than most thought it would go.

Rylant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I don't know how somebody could survive those kinds of wounds, with their medical technology. Not unless some form of magic or witchcraft was used, anyway, which we have seen in the realm. I suppose that we haven't seen The Mountain remove his chest plate, so it's possible that it isn't as bad as it looked. In the books though, there were slightly different factors with The Mountain.

My one complaint about Oberyn's death, is that it was a little over the top comical. I am not sure anybody has the strength to squish a man's head like that, and even if the strength was possible, I am not sure a human head would explode like it did. It didn't happen quite like that in the book; in the book, the Mountain grabbed his head while his thumb on that hand pierced Oberyn's eye, and he punched him a couple of times with the other gauntleted fist, breaking open his skull in the process.

I also think that Oberyn's death is more important than people realize. It is necessary to progress the story, although in a different direction than most thought it would go.

Rylant
    No book spoilers!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

1. Jon Snow
    2. Brandon Stark
    3. Tyrion Lannister

Brandon Stark is my #1 untouchable, at least for the foreseeable future. Ever since they introduced warging it's become patently obvious how this all ends. Bran warging a dragon in order to kill off the advancing White Walker hoard. I cannot wait to hear about the CGI bill for that episode.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

image.jpg

I love this picture. That's all, just wanted to share.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

I need to get caught up. First, must figure out what's wrong with my HBO Go and Xbox 360 internet. Still trying to figure out if it's Router or ISP. So, I watched the first three or so episodes. Have I missed much? lol Don't worry about spoiling it for me, I read the books.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I need to get caught up. First, must figure out what's wrong with my HBO Go and Xbox 360 internet. Still trying to figure out if it's Router or ISP. So, I watched the first three or so episodes. Have I missed much? lol Don't worry about spoiling it for me, I read the books.
    Have you opened up the proper ports to the 360 or put it in DMZ mode on the router?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Actually guys, come the f*** on. Anyone on here relating anything to the books, read the title. If you think you're clever by saying stuff, but not actually saying anything, you just managed to give away about 6 god damn future events without specifically mentioning them and I haven't read a page of the books. If you want to talk GoT, then talk based on where the episodes are at. The whole point of the NO SPOILERS in the title is people in this thread DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS. Not a hard concept at all.

There always has to be that one guy who ruins it for everyone. Fast Tony, you seem to be that guy in this thread, but Rylant is making his best attempt at it too. I for one am specifically not reading the books because I don't mind reading a book knowing what is going to happen, but I hate having movies/tv shows spoiled. There are so many more literary devices authors can use to keep books interesting when you already know the ending then shows have available to them.

Everyone's opinion is welcome, but if you're planning on making any reference to future events based on what you've read ahead on in the books. Get out. Get out of this thread. Start your own thread that is for people who have read the books. But get out.