Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Alright i'll cave and watch it tonight.
    Apparently it leaked cause HBO accidentally aired the episode in Europe today instead of a re-run. Someone's fired.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Episode 6.... INSANEEEEEE AHHHHHH

Dobber Sports Padawan

I caved and watched episode 6.....great episode. Unfortunately as a fan of the entire series( books and show). The show is shaping up to have a crap load of major things happen in the its final episodes with very minimal explanation.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have so many issues with episode 6.....like so many....but given that there isn't too much discussion here on it.....

What does everyone think will happen in the finale?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I have so many issues with episode 6.....like so many....but given that there isn't too much discussion here on it.....

What does everyone think will happen in the finale?
    Jon Snow will die.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Star

I thought I was the only one who thought that episode 6 wasn't very good. I felt like I was watching "The Walking Dead"; a huge "Oh my God" moment surrounded by some horribly written scenes. The thing that always set Game of Thrones apart for me, was that it is constantly well written and well acted. This just wasn't there.

In the season finale, I predict somebody big will die; maybe Littlefinger. Also, the Night King and his army make an appearance at East Gate. Also, if you don't know the name of Episode 7, it definitely hints as to what will be shown.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Put me in the camp that thinks episode 6 (and most of this season) sucked big time. They have really lowered the bar.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Put me in the camp that thinks episode 6 (and most of this season) sucked big time. They have really lowered the bar.
    Well i agree with ep 6.... but I thought this season was great up until this point. Watch that battle scene from episode 4.....and then watch the one in episode 6....it's like it's a totally different show! I just don't understand it. Every battle til this point had VERY meaningful reasons and back story ...............episode 6 was just forced all the way.

It's like the writers ran out of time and that's the best they came up with.

Aside from that though I've really liked this season. Before 6 the time travel wasn't a huge issue for me because it's not like they stated the time period these events were taking place. In ep 6 though......they really drilled it into the ground that they dont give a F about time in the universe of GoT.

Hoping the finale can recover.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I thought I was the only one who thought that episode 6 wasn't very good. I felt like I was watching "The Walking Dead"; a huge "Oh my God" moment surrounded by some horribly written scenes. The thing that always set Game of Thrones apart for me, was that it is constantly well written and well acted. This just wasn't there.

In the season finale, I predict somebody big will die; maybe Littlefinger. Also, the Night King and his army make an appearance at East Gate. Also, if you don't know the name of Episode 7, it definitely hints as to what will be shown.

Rylant
    Well, I guess I saw that coming...

I thought the season finale was decent; certainly much better than Episode 6, however it wasn't amazing.

One of the things I didn't like about episode 6, was how contrived the tension between Arya and Sansa seemed. After the reveal in the finale, it doesn't really clear that up. Did they know all along that Littlefinger was playing them? If they did, why go through those scenes in episode 6 with such drama? Why send Brienne away which actually did put Sansa in danger and played into Littlefinger's plan? If the scenes of tension were legit, what happened to make them realize it was all a scheme of his? It just doesn't make sense the way it played out, and it seems as though it was done solely for the purpose of playing to and misleading the audience, which I expect from The Walking Dead, not Game of Thrones.

I was also disappointed that resurrected Viserion breathes fire, and not frost, although that is just a silly personal thing.

Also, what happened with the Mountain and Jaime near the end of the episode? Did Cercei not give the nod to him to kill Jaime? I expected a show down which never happened. Not really sure what happened there.

The scene where Tyrion watched on as Jon and Dany got busy seemed strange. Is Tyrion in love with her? Does he think has a chance with her? Is he jealous? Normally, I wouldn't thing he would care, unless his concern is more for how it will affect the war, rather than affecting him personally.

There were good moments. I liked the conversation with Sam and Bran. I liked the scene where the two sides met and the exchanges between Brienne and Clegane and Bron and Tyrion.

Next year is big. Not sure they have enough episode to tie everything up neatly.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well, I guess I saw that coming...

I thought the season finale was decent; certainly much better than Episode 6, however it wasn't amazing.

One of the things I didn't like about episode 6, was how contrived the tension between Arya and Sansa seemed. After the reveal in the finale, it doesn't really clear that up. Did they know all along that Littlefinger was playing them? If they did, why go through those scenes in episode 6 with such drama? Why send Brienne away which actually did put Sansa in danger and played into Littlefinger's plan? If the scenes of tension were legit, what happened to make them realize it was all a scheme of his? It just doesn't make sense the way it played out, and it seems as though it was done solely for the purpose of playing to and misleading the audience, which I expect from The Walking Dead, not Game of Thrones.

I was also disappointed that resurrected Viserion breathes fire, and not frost, although that is just a silly personal thing.

Also, what happened with the Mountain and Jaime near the end of the episode? Did Cercei not give the nod to him to kill Jaime? I expected a show down which never happened. Not really sure what happened there.

The scene where Tyrion watched on as Jon and Dany got busy seemed strange. Is Tyrion in love with her? Does he think has a chance with her? Is he jealous? Normally, I wouldn't thing he would care, unless his concern is more for how it will affect the war, rather than affecting him personally.

There were good moments. I liked the conversation with Sam and Bran. I liked the scene where the two sides met and the exchanges between Brienne and Clegane and Bron and Tyrion.

Next year is big. Not sure they have enough episode to tie everything up neatly.

Rylant
    Good post Rylant - I'll give my take on a few things in order of your response.

-I understand what you're saying, but as you already alluded to, they needed to build that tension so that it would catch the audience off guard once Sansa called out Little Finger for murder and treason. I don't think many people saw that coming because of the tension they were building up the last few episodes between the sisters - so in that sense it was effective. I think you have to suspend disbelief given the accelerated timeline they are working on this season - have to assume tension between the sisters was real until the lightbulb went off in Sansa's head. I found it gratifying finally seeing Littlefinger die - his character is good, but it was clear this season that his purpose was over and he didn't really have a role in the final conflict. I was hoping Arya would do one of her face tricks to eventually catch Littlefinger but that didn't materialize.

-Using Vis to take down the wall - great idea. Gives their dragon some true strategic purpose other than simply doing a dragon vs dragon thing. I kinda like the "ice fire" breath lol.

-Jaime called Cersei on her bluff. He didn't think she would give the order to kill, and he was right. Love Jaime... next to Tyrion he's probably my fav character.

-Yeah I thought that Tyrion thing was weird too... not sure why they couldn't have just shown Dany/Jon getting it on without Tyrion staring outside like a creeper. They are probably setting something up next season and needed a witness for the sexcapade.

-Am I the only one who doesn't undrestand why they're wasting precious airtime on the whole "Theon redemption" side story? I mean... who gives a shit? There are bigger fish to fry here.

Overall - I enjoyed the finale. They had to tie up a bunch of loose storylines and they did. Only thing I didn't like was that it was predictable. Everything that happened was expected by the fans - no surprises.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

-Am I the only one who doesn't undrestand why they're wasting precious airtime on the whole "Theon redemption" side story? I mean... who gives a shit? There are bigger fish to fry here.

Theon will defeat Euron and bring the Golden Company to the North and help Aejon Stargaryen.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

I think if someones starts binge watching Game of Thrones in 10 years for the first time, he's gonna look back at season 7 with a big WTF when he compares it to other season.

The whole time travel stuff, the great acting scenes were almost non-existent until the finale, Bronn and Jaimie not being captured, Varys-LittleFinger becoming useless characters, the whole "catch a wight for Cersei plan".

I'll say this though, I really really really loved last night episode. So many great scenes. The despair on Littlefinger's face, the conversation between the Hound and Brienne, Jaimie-Tyrion,Tyrion-Cersei,Cersei-Jaimie. Great episode.

Dobber Sports Master

I think not having George R.R. Martin's published texts as source material (because we are well past what happens in the books) has forced the creators of the show to leave parts out that perhaps Martin himself has not fully decided how he is going to write it. Just my theory anyways as to why the "time" and "travel" issues popped up this season.

Still, a great show, and I can't wait the next, and final, season.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I think not having George R.R. Martin's published texts as source material (because we are well past what happens in the books) has forced the creators of the show to leave parts out that perhaps Martin himself has not fully decided how he is going to write it. Just my theory anyways as to why the "time" and "travel" issues popped up this season.

Still, a great show, and I can't wait the next, and final, season.
    Time travel is mostly due to the show running out of time IMO. They couldn't just waste an episode of Jon and his suicide squad freezing to death on a frozen pound while Gendry runs and a raven flys to DragonStone.

Dobber Sports Star

As you said in your post, it's just them blatantly misleading the audience for cheap thrills. By the way I love the way you phrased that.

The show used to create tension and excitement with actual plot twists that were carried through and had long term consequences. Now they just contrive emotional scenes from thin air, and undo them when they don't fit the plot.