Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^Great post HR.
    I love talking asoiaf/GoT... so immersed in it as a guy that went from Season1/2 show watcher to read Books1/2/3, then watch Season 3, then read 4/5, then watch 4/5... then re-read ALL FIVE... then watch Season 6.

As a book reader, I'm impressed with the producers, they've done a good job.
    They can always stake Jon's claim to the throne in Season 7/8 by bringing out the Rhaegar/Lyanna storyline further.
    It's humourous because Jon has no stake to Winterfell (Bran, then Sansa), but he does have stake to throne, if he is eldest surviving male of RhaegarT.
    Now that they have "young Ned", they can very easily to a few more flash backs to the Tournament at Harrenhal and capture that towards the fans.

The end King in both shows/book... Tyrion. Write it in pen.
    Martin is a foreshadower and there is no clearer foreshadowing (pun intended) than the end sentence in one of the first chapters of GoT (book).
    I don't remember if it is Tyrion's chapter or Jon's chapter... but they do converse outside of the Winterfell hall about bastards/imps/etc. "...stood tall as a king."

Extracted from Tyrion I, Chapter 9 (GoT):
    “You are your mother's trueborn son of Lannister."
    "Am I?" the dwarf replied, sardonic. "Do tell my lord father. My mother died birthing me, and he's never been sure."
    "I don't even know who my mother was," Jon said.

"Some woman, no doubt. Most of them are." He favored Jon with a rueful grin. "Remember this, boy. All dwarfs may be bastards, yet not all bastards need be dwarfs."
    And with that he turned and sauntered back into the feast, whistling a tune.
    When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king.”

Some speculate that Tyrion is offspring of MadKingAerys-Joanna... but I speculate Rhaegar-Joanna... because then Rhaegar could have three kids that would be Tyrion/Jon-Dany.

Back to show:
    Margaery was super actress. I will miss her, she did a great job for her 5-6 seasons.
    Euron will probably still show up with his fleet of ships. I expect a battle on the water between Euron & Asha/TheonGreyjoys/Dany/Tyrells/Martells.
    This may be key scene where Dany/Tyrion (maybe Missandei) all mount same dragon together to escape.
    Dothraki in Westeros may be too much of a headache.
    Though Dothraki/Unsulled vs. Lannisters/CityWatch/Kingsguard would make for EPIC, EPIC, end of Season 7 battle.
    That would leave WhiteWalkers/Dragons/Humans battle for Season 8.
    Arya is gonna gun for a few more on her list.
    Here's the list: Joffrey. Cersei. Walder Frey. Meryn Trant. Tywin Lannister. The Red Woman. Beric Dondarrion. Thoros of Myr. Ilyn Payne. The Mountain. The Hound.
    She just sliced Walder.
    Season 7 will probably have her show up to visit the Red Woman and then Beric/Thoros.
    Then the Mountain/R.Strong... and finally Cersei... you can write that in pen too. She has different lists in books/show... and I think they edited that once upon a time...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron..._list_and_why/

Sam will probably dig up some lineage and dragon-slaying info in Oldtown.
    Or perhaps he'll capture the secret to stopping the WhiteWalkers... IDK.
    How GRRM/HBO play with the three key factions: Humans, WhiteWalkers, Dragon... it'll be interesting.

I'm really impressed with the show. I thought they'd really screw up Martin's direction - but they've done a solid job... except for killing Bran's direwolf - still annoyed about that.
    The wolf's name is Summer, after all... they've got to get out of Winter... in the end... and Summer represents Bran being the final cog to the end/end game to end the WWs & Winter.
    Oh - and another episode without seeing Jon's wolf, Ghost... wtf.
    This kinda just hit me but as a book reader I feel like Pengwin might take to tthis theory. In the books Dany receives a prophecy about being betrayed 3 times.

-One for blood (that's supposed to be Miir Maz Dur's)

-One for gold (Jorah Mormont's, as it seems)

-One for love (not yet)
    If the books follow what happened in the show (or however you want to look at it), could it be possible that Daario brings the Second Sons over and aids Cersei in her fight vs Dany? It currently seems as though Cersei will have next to zero chance to beat the fleet + dragons on their way to King's Landing. And I know a popular theory was that Daario would betray her in Mereen and actually be revealed as the leader of the Harpies....but I feel like what I'm suggesting would actually be "for love" because they were in love for a time.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This kinda just hit me but as a book reader I feel like Pengwin might take to tthis theory. In the books Dany receives a prophecy about being betrayed 3 times.

If the books follow what happened in the show (or however you want to look at it), could it be possible that Daario brings the Second Sons over and aids Cersei in her fight vs Dany? It currently seems as though Cersei will have next to zero chance to beat the fleet + dragons on their way to King's Landing. And I know a popular theory was that Daario would betray her in Mereen and actually be revealed as the leader of the Harpies....but I feel like what I'm suggesting would actually be "for love" because they were in love for a time.
    Interesting, didn't think of that. You could definitely be onto something there.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Star

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ya. Time to start ramping up here

http://uproxx.com/tv/first-poster-ga...ones-season-7/

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gonna leave the pic in the link but holyomgasdiadijsodisaoid DRAGONS

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/22/game-of-...-dragon-photo/

Dobber Sports Master

Whoa........

Dobber Sports Immortal

Today is one of the best days in the NHL in recent memory......but holy crap this trailer just made my day a whole lot better.

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/06/21...ones-season-7/

Dobber Sports Icon

Is anyone else as excited as I am for next Sunday? If you aren't, go to Youtube and search for Alt-Shift-X and watch his breakdown of the trailers.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Is anyone else as excited as I am for next Sunday? If you aren't, go to Youtube and search for Alt-Shift-X and watch his breakdown of the trailers.
    Hehe I've watched it already but I'm kinda mad at myself because it has basically spoiled all the season for me lol.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Hehe I've watched it already but I'm kinda mad at myself because it has basically spoiled all the season for me lol.
    I am so very jacked for it. I learned my lesson from last season that you can basically find spoilers online for the whole season if you want to. I hate that....but I mean I guess I had read the books so I knew what happened in the previous seasons where all of the spoilers didn't surface.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I am so very jacked for it. I learned my lesson from last season that you can basically find spoilers online for the whole season if you want to. I hate that....but I mean I guess I had read the books so I knew what happened in the previous seasons where all of the spoilers didn't surface.
    Yeah, I browse ASOIAF subreddit a lot so I do get hit by a lot of possible spoilers !
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Yeah, I browse ASOIAF subreddit a lot so I do get hit by a lot of possible spoilers !
    Yep....stay away from that people. Unless you want to know....

Either way...very excited.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Decent episode. Typical first episode of a season where they check in on everyone....although I kind of thought it would pick up more since in previous seasons almost every character was in their own location. So they had to have a Jon scene and a Sansa scene and a Brienne scene....whereas now it's just one scene because they're all together.

Either way...excited for a new season of fun.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Arya is the biggest bad ass. That was dope.

Dobber Sports Master

Agreed Arya is a major bad ass. She could be my favorite character. Her and The Imp.