Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Little Finger is unreal, but I doubt he even has information about Rickon being held captive by Ramsay, as stated in the letter.
    Unless he is involved with the situation with Rickon.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Unless he is involved with the situation with Rickon.

Rylant
    definitely possible.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Pro

Hold the door..... that was awesome

Dobber Sports Master

That episode was action packed. From start to finish, very entertaining.

Dobber Sports Star

I heard a rumor that there were those who suspected something was going to be up, although they didn't know exactly what to expect. Apparently, in the Spanish version of HBO's Game of Thrones, Hodor wasn't named "Hodor", but something similar to what "Hold the Door" sounds like in Spanish. Not sure how true this is; just something that I heard.

Rylant

- - - Updated - - -

And just a quick point. Meera better find some help quick. I am not sure how far she can go before Hodor can't anymore, "Hold the Door"...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Is there a Westeros version of the World Wildlife Fund? We're down to two direwolves now. We need the show to update us on what the hell happened to Nymeria.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    Is there a Westeros version of the World Wildlife Fund? We're down to two direwolves now. We need the show to update us on what the hell happened to Nymeria.
    I was thinking the same thing. We'll find out though. After seeing the origins of "Hodor!" it's pretty clear that every single detail has a reason for being there and a purpose in the story
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. We'll find out though. After seeing the origins of "Hodor!" it's pretty clear that every single detail has a reason for being there and a purpose in the story
    Agreed... that's definitely Martin's style.

Having said that, now that the show is ahead of the book, I'm starting to question what was part of Martin's master-plan for the story vs. new material that was recently made up to advance the show.

We'll find out when Winds of Winter finally comes out... hopefully this decade.

Dobber Sports Immortal

It does kind of feel like now that there are no books holding back that they're just cutting characters left right and centre. Mid tier characters for sure.....but in the last three has it been Bolton, Osha, Hodor?

I watched the pirated version on Sunday afternoon so I need to rewatch in HD. This season has definitely been more entertaining, but as a book reader I need to stop thinking "I wonder if that's what will happen in the books". That's my problem though.

Halfway through the season and things are well on their way. Next week looks great

Dobber Sports Expert

Seems like their killing the wolves to make place in the CGI budget for more dragons.

In the books, the wolves are a bit more involved as we had different POV chapters with Arya's wolf (Nymeria), who's leading a wolfpack in the north, and Jon's (Ghost). Perhaps the show-runner don't want to use that storyline since we can't really get a feel for the wolves like in the books.

I'm still sad about Hodor... I just re-watched the ending on GoT facebook page. Damnit Bran, you're an *******.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ok I dont really get what happened with Bran between the past and present......BUT....found it really neat for any LOST fans that Jack Bender directed that episode. He directed many LOST episodes including The Constant, an ep that many people think is the best in the series. It also deals with connecting minds/thoughts between the past and present. What a great episode.

But anyways.....how the heck did the white walkers just appear at the tree?!?!? Haven't they been moving toward the Wall for like.....4 seasons now. Season 2 ended with Sam seeing an army walking. I just don't get it. Was it becuase he touched Bran?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I can't decide if I'm more sad about the Wolf's death or Hodor's. But both sucked. That was an interesting inception style reveal of Hodor's name. I've always hated Bran.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ok I dont really get what happened with Bran between the past and present......BUT....found it really neat for any LOST fans that Jack Bender directed that episode. He directed many LOST episodes including The Constant, an ep that many people think is the best in the series. It also deals with connecting minds/thoughts between the past and present. What a great episode.

But anyways.....how the heck did the white walkers just appear at the tree?!?!? Haven't they been moving toward the Wall for like.....4 seasons now. Season 2 ended with Sam seeing an army walking. I just don't get it. Was it becuase he touched Bran?

I was watching the episode and definitely noticed it was just like that Not Penny's Boat LOST episode! I was feeling deja vu and couldn't figured it out, then I mentioned to a friend that it reminded me of that LOST episode, and was super pumped to hear that it was the same director.

Regarding what happened: When the Walker touched Bran he left his "mark" on him, and could then locate him. A little bit like Harry Potter's scar and Voldemort, I guess...

Better question, though: why do the walkers want Bran so bad? I mean, why uproot your quest down south to chase down one crippled boy? Surely they don't just want to kill him? Eat him? It makes me thing a few things. First and foremost, the Walkers clearly recognize that Bran represents something very special or important. Also, it makes me think that the Walkers are more familiar with Bran than he realizes... could he have crossed paths with them in some of his future time traveling episodes (that take place earlier, of course, in the grand scheme of time)?

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok I apologize in advance I mis-spell everything and have not read the entire thread so maybe some of these things have already by hypothesized

My brother reads the books where as I only watch the show......he has a theory that is a little out there but could have some possibilities......

He believes that all the Starks will become "godlike".....he believes Brand will become the Tree-god, Aryia the many faced god, John snow the Price of Light......he thinks Rickan and Sansa will die....and the walkers will destroy everything to bring and ultimate peace and rebirth to the world....kinda like a noah's flood event.....with the starks all playing a god/creator role in the rebirth.....like I said its out there...

I have a more short term and simple theory that John Snow is the son of Nedard Starks sister and a Targarian.......so he is both of Fire and Ice and fully high born.....This explains why the old maester at castle black was always helping him since he might have been the only person left alive to know this.....

again I know i butchered the spelling on all names and probably just put something out there that has already been discussed.....but if not tell me your thoughts.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Icon

Episode 6 was my favorite episode of this season. I have no idea why but I absolutely loved it. Most likely because for the first time in 6 weeks, no one that I am "cheering for" died.