Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Can't wait for tonight's ep.

Oberyn's debut was fantastic. Also, I love the little Arya-Hound duo. I have to admit, Sandor has grown on me since last season. I've never really disliked him but I've never really cared for him.

And yep, I'm not a fan of the actor changes. They changed Dario's actor this season and in prior seasons they changed Beric Dondarrion and Gregor Clegane.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah, it is hard enough keeping everyone straight at the best of times, but when the actors change, then I might as well have not read the novels. Oh well, just one of the imperfections of film and TV.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

***Remember*** as episodes air, spoilers will be talked about in here. If you do not watch as it is regularly scheduled to air, stay far away from this thread. You've been warned one last time.

Oh. My. God. What an unexpected ending. Just wow.

I did not expect that to happen at all. In fact, I thought Joffrey was least likely to die for a long, long time. Wow. First thing that came to mind was who replaces him... and I believe the now rightful heir to the throne would be Tommen (if you count out Stannis being the true heir to begin with). Seriously, his death changes so much. I truly did not expect that at all.

Second, who poisoned the cup? My initial reaction is it had to be Oberyn. But then again, that person wanted it to set up to make it seem like Tyrion did it.
    Go Jets Go

Administrator

I made the mistake of watching with book readers tonight and they were giving each other knowing looks and hyping things up the whole time so I knew to be on edge. Definitely won't make that mistake again. Also, they explained who it was that poisoned the cup immediately after even though, you know, we don't know that yet. Don't worry, I won't spoil it!

Still, freaking crazy. I knew he was going to go down eventually, I just assumed that was something that would happen towards the end of the season. I guess they couldn't keep *****-footing about though. Also they don't want to get too formulaic with the second last episode always being the epic reveal, although that may still come.

My one friend commented on how ugly Joffrey looked going out. Said she loved how they did that. Definitely a nice touch.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

Yep it was a great episode. This is one thing I LOVE about Game of Thrones, including the books. Martin has filled Westeros and Essos with incredibly interesting characters. Everyone is deep and complicated. There are no one-dimensional characters *cough*TheWalkingDead*cough*. Because every character is SO interesting, he isn't afraid to kill big names off. He knows that he can get away with it because there are a plethora of colourful people who can step up and take their place. Most writers don't have the balls to do that; there aren't enough "Favorite"characters in their worlds. If they are killed off, most writers don't have enough confidence in themselves to keep the reader'a attention with other characters.

On a side note, I LOVE the portrayal of Oberyn so far. He has only been in a couple of scenes, but he has stolen every single one. Can't wait to see his arc continue.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the spoiler alert AtlantaSportsfan.

WOW! what a turn of events, my first thought was surely it had to be Margaery who poisoned the cup, it looked like she was the only one who even had access to it. Wouldn't Margaery be outright ruler now? she is officially the queen. so there's motive right there imo. I certainly don't think it was Tyrion who did it. This seems like the most logical thing to me. SO many permutations can come out of this.

So the Tyrells have the power with the Lannisters on the back foot. GREAT story!

Also one other thing about last nights episode, was Bran's vision of a dragon over Kings Landing, my guess is that he is foolishly heading that way now.

EDIT: that was also the coolest death scene ever,
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Stud

^^^ Is that how it works? I don't think she would be queen at all anymore. And wouldn't Tommen (Joffrey's younger brother) be rightful king now? Lol, the thought of that is hilarious. It's like the youngest Stark situation (Rickon) when everyone is like, "Who?".

I've been thinking about candidates who may have poisoned the cup.

Obviously, it's not going to be Tyrion. Why? Because the show is too smart to have it be the obvious (or maybe I'm overlooking things). As much as he hates his family, I just can't see him ever betraying them (yet). I'll rule out that it was anyone with the surname Lannister. Second, I just don't see any gain in it at all for Margaery or the Tyrells. I think Oberyn is a good candidate, but it's also unlikely since his quarrel with the Lannister's is out in the open. Plus, I think his beef is more with Tywin, Gregor Clegane. I'll rule him out. One name that really sticks out is Shae. Could she have done it? I find it hard to believe that she truly left, especially after the scene where Tyrion kept asking Bronn about it.

Maybe when I re-watch I'll have more ideas later in the week.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

the last 10 minutes i was trying to figure out how i could teleport into the show and stab the **** out of joffrey for ****ing with dinklage. never has there been a more satisfying death haha.

Dobber Sports Stud

I re-watched the first ep from this season again. The final scene will always be amazing. The comedic part gets me every time.

Arya: He killed Lommy.
    Sandor: What the f*** is a Lommy?

-------

Also for those interested. Here's an interview with Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) on last night's ep...
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/13/ja...joffrey-death/

I didn't like Joffrey, but I loved to hate him. All Joffrey aside, this kid did a A+++++ job with the character. I applaud him! It's ashame he quit acting.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Thanks for the spoiler alert AtlantaSportsfan.

WOW! what a turn of events, my first thought was surely it had to be Margaery who poisoned the cup, it looked like she was the only one who even had access to it. Wouldn't Margaery be outright ruler now? she is officially the queen. so there's motive right there imo.
    I don't think so. In Westeros, they are BIG on having to consummate the marriage before it is official. Clearly, there was no time for that to happen. Now, since I have read the books, it is hard for me to be completely objective here. However, I keep thinking that whoever poisoned him went out of their way to do it at his wedding. It makes sense to me that if your sole objective was to kill him, there must be easier ways to do it. Why put yourself in a situation where literally hundreds of people could possibly catch you in the act? Wouldn't it be easier to do it when there were fewer people around? Did whoever did this go out of their way to make sure that EVERYONE saw him die? Crazy stuff...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^I like the new guy - shorter hair works better for a serious general/warrior.
    The previous season "Fabio" type wasn't working for me.
    Haha, in the book Naharis has dyed blue hair and mustache. Those crazy Essos folk.

Such a great episode this last week. I thought they would start the season off with Joffrey's death but this was a great way to do it. I also have forgotten who actually did it, so I'm in the same boat here as all the non-book readers. Really hoping we can catch up with Jon Snow in the next episode.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

Solid episode tonight.

They polished up on Joffrey's death a little. We now know Petyr Baelish is somehow involved in this. I'm guessing whoever wanted Joffrey's death to be pegged on Tyrion really took the time to plan this out. I'm assuming the person responsible wanted Baelish to bring Sansa away from the scene to put more attention on Tyrion. So now the question becomes who has that much influence that Baelish would listen and obey? Also, that trial sounds interesting. Wouldn't the fact that Tywin being one of the three judges makes it seem he's in it to get his son out of this? Seems there's a lot of work being put in to trying to put Tyrion away.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm currently on Book 4, but I've only made it through season 2 of the tv series. But I have a funny little story to tell about spoiling Joffrey's death for someone.

About a month ago I was out on a first date with a girl I'd been chatting with through Tinder for awhile. She had just got into GoT through the tv series. Prior to our date she had finished season 3 which I hadn't watched yet. I assumed that the tv series season matched up with the books. So we were talking about how they kill off the major characters so often and I said "yeah I can't believe they killed Robb and Joffrey off". The look on her face told me immediately I had spoiled something for her. Thankfully I wasn't all that interested in her anyway. The worst part was, I couldn't share this story with anyone until now (other than those who had read the books). I did feel pretty bad about spoiling it for her though.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Star

Another great episode tonight. It was more of a set up and character development episode. I really liked the Tyrion and Pod scene. The Stannis and Davos scene was great too. The Hound and Arya were great as always. The scene with Dany and the champion fight could have been better, I thought. Not sure how I feel about the Jaime raping Cercei scene. It was also a little strange to me why Sam would want Gilly out of castle Black and into a small town, especially seeing that he knows the Wildlings are across the Wall.

As always, the best scene for me involved Tywin. The scene where he was coaching Tommen, was brilliant. Awesome stuff.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

Can't stop watching, talking about this show. It is so awesome. My favorite scene from the latest episode was the the one with Tywin and Oberyn. Both characters are such bad asses and the dialog was awesome. I just love every single character in this show. BTW I guessed who was involved in Joffrey's murder right away as well metaldude!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.