Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    DB has confirmed... only 20 episodes left.

How will I ever fill the void in my life...
    20 episodes is pretty good! I'm happy.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    The Arya scene was too "soon" and tacked on for me. Between her and Varys the show seems to really be playing loose and fast with time and distance traveled. Yeah, I realize that's a bit nitpicky, but I worry the show has gone from often catering to the viewer too little, to perhaps making that too much of a priority.
    I loved that part, and had been waiting all episode for it. And I think the episode before that, too (when did we see her last, did she have last episode off?)

The part that I thought was too rushed was the Melisandre sudden banishment. The scene was awful quick. Made me feel as though she told the director off and was promptly fired, written out of the show with five or six quick lines. Yes, I'm sure she'll be back. But she was always a monster for her god, Jon didn't exactly get any revelations from Davos
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    The part that I thought was too rushed was the Melisandre sudden banishment. The scene was awful quick. Made me feel as though she told the director off and was promptly fired, written out of the show with five or six quick lines. Yes, I'm sure she'll be back. But she was always a monster for her god, Jon didn't exactly get any revelations from Davos
    I'm sure she'll be dead soon at the hands of Arya... which is a shame because her nude scenes were spectacular

I...am your father.

I'm sure she'll be dead soon at the hands of Arya... which is a shame because her nude scenes were spectacular
    Especially when she removed her necklace?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Especially when she removed her necklace?
    Thanks for the visual... again

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Agree! Sansa's transformation has been incredible. That was done really well.
    Easily the best book to show change that they have made. Like.....it's so perfect I assume GRRM is like ah crap why didn't I do that. For those that don't know....in the books Ramsay actually marries Sansa's friend Jeyne, but the Boltons basically say that it is ARYA. So it brings in this whole "fake Arya" plotline and basically has Jon hearing that Ramsay has his sister, but the reader knows it's not even his sister. WAY too confusing. In the books Sansa is just stuck in the Eyrie. Boring

As for 20 episodes.....where was that confirmed?

Dobber Sports Wizard

That might have been the best episode of the entire series. That buildup, the first 20 minutes with quiet dialogue and just that soft piano music.... Oh my god it was incredible. And then the explosion and Tommen jumping. Just so awesome. There was payoff with Arya and Jon, but also real tension. When Littlefinger and Sansa were talking there was a point where he moved closer to her.... For a second I thought he was about to stab her. Actual tension which I feel has been missing or a lot less prevalent on the show of late.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

The *only* thing that mildly annoyed me (and generally I'm good with suspending disbelief when it comes to TV) is how Arya and Varys have apparently developed teleportation abilities.

Especially Varys... I mean COME ON...one second he's in Dorne... next second he's behind Dany on a ship in Mereen. Teleportation aside, why wouldn't he just send a Raven instead of making three trips across the ocean lol..
    I knew I couldn't have been the only person who thought Varys' teleporting act was ludicrous...

Dobber Sports Master

yeah the least they could have done for us melisandre fans was have her ride off topless on that horse - with necklace on of course .

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    yeah the least they could have done for us melisandre fans was have her ride off topless on that horse - with necklace on of course .
    Of course I know what you actually meant, but I can't be the only one who thought of the double entendre here, particularly with the topless part.....
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

DB has confirmed... only 20 episodes left.

How will I ever fill the void in my life...
    Update... it's not 20 episodes left as I assumed... it's actually 13. FML

Dobber Sports Ace

In my house, I coined the HOWIT scale for each GOT episode in honor of my wife, who kind of 75% watches each episode. HOWIT stands for - "hold on, who is that?" For example, S6E6 (when Benjen returns, we meet Sam's family, we see Edmure again) probably rated a 9 out of 10 on the HOWIT scale.
    Hahaha that's great. The same housemate definitely ranks high on that scale for that episode lol

- - - Updated - - -

Update... it's not 20 episodes left as I assumed... it's actually 13. FML
    I don't think it's been fully set yet, but 13 was a good bet. We might potentially get 15 if we're lucky but 13 is probably the safe bet.

Honestly though, I think I'm ok with it. I'd rather they not feel like they have to draw it out, or add more episodes just to make more money for HBO.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

The Magnificent One

When you think about it, 13 episodes directed to only seriously advancing or resolving plotlines will strip away enough filler to make this feel more like twice that many episodes in view of what we're used to; and given where they are now, I think it's safe to bank on a lot less of what qualified as filler in recent seasons. Then again, I'd hoped the same thing about Mad Men, and that had filler galore in its final season. Thank goodness I believe in the DBs a whole lot more than I do in Matthew Wiener.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Immortal

When you think about it, 13 episodes directed to only seriously advancing or resolving plotlines will strip away enough filler to make this feel more like twice that many episodes in view of what we're used to; and given where they are now, I think it's safe to bank on a lot less of what qualified as filler in recent seasons. Then again, I'd hoped the same thing about Mad Men, and that had filler galore in its final season. Thank goodness I believe in the DBs a whole lot more than I do in Matthew Wiener.
    13 episodes....yikes.

I think the ending is pretty clear then. The next season will be Cersei (and eventually Euron) vs literally everyone else. How can this not happen....Cersei doesn't stand a chance unless Euron joins her. The final season will be everyone vs the White Walkers.

Dobber Sports Icon

I knew I couldn't have been the only person who thought Varys' teleporting act was ludicrous...
    Considering there were both Dorne and Tyrell ships among Dany's fleet, there was obviously a time lapse between Varys in Dorne and Varys on the boat. This episode probably took place over a month if not more of GOT time.

https://winteriscoming.net/2016/06/2...en-so-quickly/