Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Arya has always been my favourite character, books or show. In the books she's even more amazing because of her "abilities" that I will no discuss here because I fear it might spoil some things(but I doubt the show will use that ability she has in the books).
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Awesome episode Sunday. Really digging the character interaction between ones who have never interacted before. I can't believe it's only 7 episodes this season though....only 5 left!! I guess that's why people are fast traveling all over.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Awesome episode Sunday. Really digging the character interaction between ones who have never interacted before. I can't believe it's only 7 episodes this season though....only 5 left!! I guess that's why people are fast traveling all over.
    The fast traveling continued to an even further degree this week. But still....great stuff!! I swear what's happened so far would have taken like a full season if this was season 1. They used to lovvvvvvvvvvve to show people traveling.

Hopefully this reported HBO hack doesn't leak episodes. I like watching them weekly and in full HD.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yah this season is moving along at 5x the pace of prior seasons. A bit much IMO, but I guess they have to set up the alliances for the end-game battle and need to kill off all the extraneous characters

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    The fast traveling continued to an even further degree this week. But still....great stuff!! I swear what's happened so far would have taken like a full season if this was season 1. They used to lovvvvvvvvvvve to show people traveling.

Hopefully this reported HBO hack doesn't leak episodes. I like watching them weekly and in full HD.
    Yeah they are skipping travel and battle scenes big time to get the story told. I have no problem with it, although I did laugh a bit when seeing Jon landing at Dragonstone first thing. With so few hours left, it's just necessary.

I was expecting the episode to end with Arya arriving at Winterfell. Will GoT actually allow the remaining Starks to all be together again? Maybe even with the 2 Direwolves. Where's Ghost, anyways? I think he's traveling with Jon and would probably be at Winterfell at the moment. Would be great if Nymeria tracked Arya there (I don't think we've seen the last of her).

(That would be too happy for GoT, I know)

Hadn't heard about the hack - will have to monitor that one. HBO is nuts about pirating, they'll be on the warpath. If it's low-quality crap then I'll gladly wait for the weekly eps.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

Another solid episode. Time is travelling more quickly each week and it has been very noticeable since D&D lost the books as source material.

The question I keep asking myself is when are we going to find out exactly who the White Walkers are as there is no way that they are simply the bad guys since Martin has always said he hates the old fantasy stories where it was good vs evil. There better be much more to their story than we already know and I am excited to find out what it is.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

Hadn't heard about the hack - will have to monitor that one. HBO is nuts about pirating, they'll be on the warpath. If it's low-quality crap then I'll gladly wait for the weekly eps.
    I want to watch a HD release as well, but I would hate to have spoilers though.... I torrent all the episodes anyway. They are good quality. I dont know if I would choose to risk a spoiler or be forced to watch a bad rip.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Another solid episode. Time is travelling more quickly each week and it has been very noticeable since D&D lost the books as source material.

The question I keep asking myself is when are we going to find out exactly who the White Walkers are as there is no way that they are simply the bad guys since Martin has always said he hates the old fantasy stories where it was good vs evil. There better be much more to their story than we already know and I am excited to find out what it is.
    An back story episode of just he white walkers would be incredible. I sense the time for that is passed though. Things are moving so fast. I did like Cersei's dungeon scene. She is brutal.

After all this time, I am finally getting to know the names of the characters!

Dobber Sports Star

Definitely happy with Ep 3, although Ep 2 disappointed me. I wish they could have fleshed out the Sand Snakes better; they just felt so hollow to me. I also WAY prefer book Euron to TV Euron. They seem to be ignoring Westeros geography; Euron's fleet teleported around a bit in the last couple episodes. The scenes with Dany and Jon were great. I feel as though she will need proof of the Night King and his impending army. The scene with Sansa and Bran reuniting was nice, although with the way Bran is now sort of cold, it wasn't as touching as it could have been. I feel as though they are setting up Cercei for an epic fall. The scene with Olenna and Jaimie at the end of the episode, was brilliant and the best scene this season, with the exception of the season's openning scene.

************Possible Spoilers*********

Every single time they show somebody kind of obscure on the show lately, the skeptic in me raises its ugly head, and I say to myself "hrrrmmm... is that Arya?" Part of me thinks that the dude from the Iron Bank that visited Cercei, is really Arya.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

What if Jon Snow makes peace with the White Walkers and the Night King and team up to take out the power hungry mother of dragons and her kids...???

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

EDIT: Now I don't know if that was in the show or not, so I'll remove it. Pretty sure the show has given us the origin story of the White Walkers though.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    EDIT: Now I don't know if that was in the show or not, so I'll remove it. Pretty sure the show has given us the origin story of the White Walkers though.
    You are correct ... the origin was explained in the "Hold the Door" episode.

Dobber Sports Master

Yes, they gave us a little teaser. I was thinking something more though. From memory it wasn't a very long piece of the story they told on the show.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I really don't like how they're underselling the R+L=J stuff so far. I get that only Bran (and maybe some others like Littlefinger suspect) knows, but I feel like that scene last season was not clear to regular viewers AT ALL...and since then they have likely forgotten about it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Yes, they gave us a little teaser. I was thinking something more though. From memory it wasn't a very long piece of the story they told on the show.
    I think the answer then is you're hoping for a more in-depth answer to their origin than actually exits in the ASOIAF world.