Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    No question, there has been so much time between last season and now, that the best theories of how Snow was going to come back, have come to fruition. I was speaking more about the giant smashing the Night's Watch dude against the armament, and the Mountain smashing the dude's head in, and the death of Roose Bolton and his Wife and Son...

Rylant
    Last season....and since the last book!! Which was 2011!!! So yes....predictable but at least they got it out of the way early instead of dragging it out like some other shows.

- - - Updated - - -

But ohhhhhhhhhhhh baby yes....see the preview for episode 3 below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y685gVGRQ98

Dobber Sports Master

Jon Snow...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Jon Snow...
    ............?

Dobber Sports Master

I was just saying the name. I dont know how to type Ygritte's accent.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lolllllllllllllllllllllll oh. So like Jon Snew.

Only two eps in I know but being a book reader, I love how the show is finally making some big moves. In previous seasons most episodes were more story and dialogue scenes (which don't get me wrong I loved) that were from the books, and then each episode would have one MAYBE two big moments. Episode 2 had about 5 (Roose, Bran's vision, Greyjoys, Dragons, Jon). Ya some were minor......Im just enjoying them not being held back by some o the stall tactics GRRM has pulled

Dobber Sports Star

Tormund is doing Day's Inn commercials. Lol

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Cannot wait for more new stuff tonighjt!!!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Any doubt that the Tower of Joy stuff was coming is now gone.....but Im really really glad they delayed it. None book readers don't remember season 1. I never see the "previosuly on" so I have no idea what they show but that's not a good way to catch people up to storylines that should have been present for the tenure of the show. Anyways. I hope they drag it out with even more flashbacks.

The rest of the episode was more of a usual early season Thrones episode. Checking in on characters but not much development. Loving Arya's stuff though.

Seeing Jon alive makes my mind start racing about if any of this stuff will happen in the next book.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Aside from the flashback, that was a really boring episode... nothing whatsoever to advance the story

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Aside from the flashback, that was a really boring episode... nothing whatsoever to advance the story
    While I agree there were a bunch of scenes that are normally in the premiere and 2nd ep (Sam, Cersei, Tommen), I'm still ok with it because aside from the flashback, Arya and Jon had great scenes. Plus....the first 2 episodes were freaking awesome and totally developed the story.

I guess I'll wait to see where they go with the next episode

I was disappointed that the episode title "Oathbreaker" wasn't a play off the sword Oathkeeper......but Im still holding out hope

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I don't think that's true. While they didn't touch on some things I'd like to see (Iron Islands Kingsmoot, Sansa, Dragon activity) there were big developments. The pacing was just softer in this episode.

-John Snow leaving the Night's Watch is obviously big. Note that he didn't just walk out. He is no longer bound to the night's watch because he died. His oath is officially over.
    -Rickon being held captive by Ramsay has huge ramifications
    -It's clear the High Sparrow starting step 1 of brainwashing young Tommen which could cause problems
    -Arya got her eyes back
    -The scene at the tower was important (and I think we all know what is going to be up there)

I thought it was a good episode. With such deep storylines, you can't just focus on the payoffs, otherwise the actual "pay-off" won't be as good.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I don't think that's true. While they didn't touch on some things I'd like to see (Iron Islands Kingsmoot, Sansa, Dragon activity) there were big developments. The pacing was just softer in this episode.

-John Snow leaving the Night's Watch is obviously big. Note that he didn't just walk out. He is no longer bound to the night's watch because he died. His oath is officially over.
    -Rickon being held captive by Ramsay has huge ramifications
    -It's clear the High Sparrow starting step 1 of brainwashing young Tommen which could cause problems
    -Arya got her eyes back
    -The scene at the tower was important (and I think we all know what is going to be up there)

I thought it was a good episode. With such deep storylines, you can't just focus on the payoffs, otherwise the actual "pay-off" won't be as good.
    Yeah I guess you're right...

I've just gotten so used to every episode being so action packed and epic that last night felt... timid

Dobber Sports Initiate

The Jon-abandoning-the-Watch plotline can turn out to be epic and worthy...but I got major misgivings about it.

We've seen Jon try to abandon the Watch for a more personal quest a few times now prior to S6, only to return each time. They even created an epic "bring it" moment btw Jon & Darth Ice Maul. We're supposed to believe Jon will quit the responsibility to respond/contain this?

Weiss & Benioff have proven to be quite adept at throwing curveballs, but how many times can TPTB pull this string before we see it a pattern forming? Cmon...
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Genius

Where does Jon Snow go from here? The Red Witch says she seem him fighting in flames in Winterfell. Does he re unite the North and Kill Ramsay? Do the wildlings follow him? Any guesses?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    The Jon-abandoning-the-Watch plotline can turn out to be epic and worthy...but I got major misgivings about it.

We've seen Jon try to abandon the Watch for a more personal quest a few times now prior to S6, only to return each time. They even created an epic "bring it" moment btw Jon & Darth Ice Maul. We're supposed to believe Jon will quit the responsibility to respond/contain this?

Weiss & Benioff have proven to be quite adept at throwing curveballs, but how many times can TPTB pull this string before we see it a pattern forming? Cmon...
    I think things will be different now and we will find out a lot about John Snow this season. It's quite clear that he and Dany are the central figures of this series. One, or both of them, will be triumphant at the end.