Thread: Braun injury

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Braun injury

OK, I knew he had suffered from this nerve issue last season and his stats suffered as a result. Never heard anything all offseason. All the news was about the PED suspension. I assumed the issue was resolved as it never came up at all. Spring training seemed fine. Now, 1st week and its back again. What a waste of a high pick. These are the WORST kind of injuries as you're just left hanging. Could be resolved within a month (maybe???) or could linger through the entire season. Who knows. Supposedly, Victorino had the same issue but he seems to be able to perform normally. Maybe Braun's is worse.

Question is, what do you do? Leave him on the bench temporarily? trading him isn't really an option. Drop him? In my league, bench spots are VERY limited and your lineup will definitely suffer with deadweight there. Any recommendations.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Braun injury

A guy like Braun can't be dropped. You just have to wait it out. I know, it sucks. I have Kemp on my 10 team league and it kills me. If I drop him, someone will easily snatch him up and sit on him. You just have to wait for Braun to get healthy again and decide what to do from there.
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Braun injury

You absolutely can't drop Braun as every owner in your league would pick him up in a heart beat. It would be helpful to see the rest of your roster to see other possible options.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek