Thread: Wiercioch??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Wiercioch??

Does anybody out their in DOBBER NATION, believe in P.Wiercioch?? He is only 23 years old, seems to be putting up decent points when he plays.. He has some major size, moves the puck well, and mans the PP effectively when given the chance.. I realize he has to compete with Ceci for ice time going forward, but what do you guys think?? I feel he has untapped potential, because he is still young for a dman..

Is Wiercioch worth a roster spot in a 12 team, points only, keep 6 dmen, keeper league??

Also: I like the sounds of "DOBBER NATION", HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Wiercioch??

League info and roster. Who else you have on D?
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

I appreciate the reply, but I have already stated that its a "points only" league.. Not sure why you need to know my entire roster just to project Wiercioch's future..?? I like the player and think he will do fine, I'm just wondering what others think..

My team will be competing in 2 years if that helps my friend..

Dobber Sports Stud

While I agree with everything you've said, I think there would be others I'd take ahead of him in a 12 team league at least until he gains MacLean's trust more at regular strength.
    I'd keep an eye on him and target him 2015-16. I think he will eventually be a must own.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Monster

Zorro,

You answered a lot of your own questions with your assesment of him. Yep he is young and he does play at a high level at times, but not consistent enough yet. Would I keep him in 12 team keeper? NO, but that also depends on what your looking at in terms of the 6 D your already keeping? So it depends,but typically I'd say No in just a 12 team setup.

1-2 years he'll perform much better, but still not a must-have keeper. There are better options to keep at this point.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I see him as third on the Sens D depth chart. So, second pairing with potential PP minutes, however, if the Sens go with a forward on the blue line for PP then opportunity could be limited. If every team is keeping 6 D, then he may be a keeper but he would be in a log jam with a lot of other guys. If we think of Karlsson as tier one, Ceci as teir 2 then Weircioch is tier 3 and at this point I think that is a fair assessment. I think he will be a solid NHLer but I can't see him projected as a significant fantasy contributor in a pts only format.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I appreciate the reply, but I have already stated that its a "points only" league.. Not sure why you need to know my entire roster just to project Wiercioch's future..?? I like the player and think he will do fine, I'm just wondering what others think..

My team will be competing in 2 years if that helps my friend..
    Zorro, I would also need to know what your shoe size is and if you are lactose intolerant prior to giving you the best assessment on Wiercioch.

All jokes aside, I would give this KID a chance. As you mentioned, he has performed well when called upon and he has good junior and AHL numbers. With a ratio close to 0.5 ppg in the NHL (as a 23 year old D) I would be very keen on acquiring this guy in a points only format.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Zorro, I would also need to know what your shoe size is and if you are lactose intolerant prior to giving you the best assessment on Wiercioch.
    Size 12-13.. I am able to digest lactose no problem.. I love milk and all dairy products..

HaHa, this post made my night!! I can't stop laughing, thanks Bass56!!

Dobber Sports Legend

I can't stand Wiercioch to be honest. Watching him play frustrates the heck out of me - he always seems to make boneheaded plays, especially on the PP. He reminds me of Patrice Brisbois who gave Hab fans fits over the years. I guess it all comes down to options but I would rather have a prospect lottery ticket with better upside to be honest.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Initiate

Here's one answer, if the link works: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...rt=points&pg=3

Tied for 73rd in D man scoring, with only 49 games played. 12 teams x 6 D = 72 keeper D. So yeah, he is right on the fringes of usefulness. If you like his chances for a few more games played and a few more points next year, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Here's one answer, if the link works: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...rt=points&pg=3

Tied for 73rd in D man scoring, with only 49 games played. 12 teams x 6 D = 72 keeper D. So yeah, he is right on the fringes of usefulness. If you like his chances for a few more games played and a few more points next year, go for it.
    Thank you so much Ed, awesome post.. I appreciate your hard work and the time it took looking that up..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hard work is giving me too much credit, because NHL.com is pretty user friendly and readily sortable, but you're welcome.

Dobber Sports Recruit

He is certainly worth it in a 12 team points only league. As mentioned above he was 73rd in D scoring and was scratched much of the season. He deserves a full time spot IMO, and I believe he will get it next season. As for your concerns with Ceci also being on the Senators, one is LHD, the other a RHD so he won't be competing directly with Ceci for ice time. As far as offensive upside goes I'd give the edge to Wiercioch over Ceci anyway. I can see him becoming a consistent 40 point guy with the ability to surpass 50 every now and then.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't see Ottawa as having a very effective season next year unless they improve their blueline. This could adversely affect Wier's special teams play so I would avoid Wier as a keeper this year.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.