Thread: Keeper Confirmation

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keeper Confirmation

Just looking at getting a better handle on my 15 keepers. I will obviously try and upgrade if I can. Team in my signature. my 15 as it stands right now are as follows.

Malkin
    Giroux
    Landeskog
    Sharp
    E. Staal
    Pacioretty
    Carter
    Plus one of Burns, Brouwer, Hartnell. Leaning towards Hartnell

Pietrangelo
    Yandle
    Phaneuf
    Markov
    Seabrook

Quick
    Howard

I may look at moving Markov or Phaneuf for high picks. My thinking is Trouba will nearly replace Phaneufs numbers next season. It pains me to lose 2 out of Burns Brouwer and Hartnell, as in this format they are quite an asset.

Who would you consider as main targets to move, or would you align keepers any different.

Thoughts appreciated and REP will be given.

Thanks as always
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Defense-Phaneuf, OEL, Rielly, Barrie, Stone, Murray, Beauchemin
    Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Farm- D. Strome, M. Marner, J Ortio

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Keeper Confirmation

In multicat such as this, one of the better strategies is to load up on scoring forwards and fill out the PIM/Hits/Blk with affordable defensemen. That being said, I don't think there are any forwards you're not keeping I would love to keep over your listed defenders.

Therefore, my goal would be to ship out your high end defenders (Piets, Yandle, Phaneuf) for forward upgrades or high picks. I would also look to upgrade Howard as I'm not entirely confident with his career trajectory.

I doubt Trouba will replace Phaneufs contributions next year, if ever, but he's the perfect type of player you want to slot into your defense for now, and trade him when he breaks out.

Otherwise I think you're in good shape. I wouldn't think too hard about keeping Burns as he will likely lose his D eligibility seeing as how he didn't play a single game there this year (correct me if I'm wrong). But if you trade some defensemen for picks, you get a high pick and can keep an extra forward.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep Burns over Hartnell. Everyone seems to think Burns value is dependent on his D-eligibility and that's simply untrue.

Dobber Sports Titan

Burns value in points only leagues is solely on his D position. But in hits blocks PIM and such, hes still a solid deep keeper. But if he does keep that eligibility, he should def be your keeper.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd keep Burns over Hartnell, and I'd REALLY want to trade Markov right now. His value won't get higher than it is.

Dobber Sports Giant

Malkin
    Giroux
    Landeskog
    Sharp
    E. Staal
    Pacioretty
    Carter
    Burns
    Hartnell

Pietrangelo
    Yandle
    Seabrook
    Markov

Quick
    Howard

I would drop Phaneuf, unless you can trade him (I feel he can bounce back but he will also be EASILY redraftable after this year). Worst case scenario, you use Trouba to fill the void and try to draft D's with high blocked shots/hits (and low point totals mostly).

Keeping Hartnell and Burns is a must IMO (does Burns qualify as a D as well this year? If so, he may be considered next year, so the loss of Phaneuf is absorbed that way)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I appreciate all of the responses so far. It is an ESPN league so Burns has not had D eligibility all season. Given our format, point scoring defense are always at a premium. Yes you can always pick up a guy only for periph stats, but when you have guys that give you all of that yet also contribute offensively, that pushes you to the top.

For example, over the course of the season my rankings in specific stats is as follows.

Goals - 2nd
    Assists- 2nd
    +/-- 5th
    PIM's- 1st
    PP pts - 1st
    SHP- 8th
    GWG- 4th
    ATOI- 3rd
    HAT tricks - 3rd
    Shots- 1st
    Hits- 2nd
    Blocks- 1st
    Def Pts- 2nd

Wins 4th
    GA - 5th
    Saves- 9th
    SO- 1st
    GAA- 1st
    Sv%- 5th

If this were a roto league I would be cleaning up. As it stands I have a fairly safe lead in the final as of today.

I would tend to agree with the "move Markov" sentiment, and admit I was throwing around the idea of moving Howard + for a keeper upgrade. I am comfotable keeping only Quick as far as goalies go. Streaming spot starts has worked in the past, and it gives me a considerable edge in games played for my skaters carrying only 1 goalie. Especially if I can maintain the level of depth in my forwards.

Thanks for the feedback so far... looking forward to hearing more thoughts.
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Defense-Phaneuf, OEL, Rielly, Barrie, Stone, Murray, Beauchemin
    Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Farm- D. Strome, M. Marner, J Ortio