Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 4

Sorry to keep picking your brain on here Dobber, but I am going to continue to do so as I really appreciate your wisdom.

What's your take on Brayden Schenn? What kind of numbers do you think he will post in a year or two?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for doing this. I have been hit with injuries again, but am holding onto a money position. We can make one drop a week. Who do you see as least likely to return this year (therefore my first drop)
    Okposo, Granlund, Doughty, Semin?

I am leaning towards Granlund as it is head, but have no clue about Okposo, Doughty is traveling so that is a good sign and I think Semin is just sick.

Also, are there any players that come to mind that have been put in a good spot with all the recent injuries who may show some good production the last two weeks (points only). I know Beau Bennet is, and Atkinson has stepped up, any other under the radar guys?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hi Dobber,

Finally motivated me to join - Thanks for the help!

10 team points-only keeper league.

Looking at the following possibilities for my 11th and final keeper - Appreciate your ranking and thoughts on keeper-worthiness of these guys:
    Stepan
    Kuznetsov
    Hertl
    Palat
    Hamilton
    Barrie

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I really dig into the draft-eligibles in April/May (after playoffs start, I really dive into this stuff) so to be honest, I wouldn't be able to give you a fair answer on that one. Right now you probably know more than me

All four of those guys have upside, and Gelinas and Domi should be in the line up in the fall. Gelinas will either take another step forward, or he'll keep getting benched and his ice time will be strictly PP. I get the sense that DeBoer doesn't trust him and he could MA Bergeron his way into oblivion. But far too young to write off already. I don't think Domi will make an impact as a rookie.

Kerdiles will be a couple of years in college. You can get more on him here: http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...colas-kerdiles

Theodore is also two or three years away at least. Lots of dmen do well in junior, so don't overrate. More on him here http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...-shea-theodore
    Thanks! I'm waiting for the next mailbag then

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thumbs up Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 4

Thank you! and welcome to the forum Stringer (Bell?)

That is a tough one. The safe bets are Pommer and Monahan...but my personal bias leans towards Kuz and Toff. So...if it's me, I shop Kuz and Pomm for draft picks - no way I let them go for free - and then I keep Toffoli and Monahan. Of the four, Kuz and Pom will get you the nicest return.

I would keep Rielly and Jones
    Thanks for the input! Unfortunately, we cannot deal for draft picks in our league (yet). We are looking for ways to make it more engaging, maybe we could look at that for next year.

And yes, I was prompted to register again for the forum, but it wouldn't let me use my other email address or username that I have for the home page.
    I am also stringer bell - I'm sure you can tell from both email addresses lol

This site is great, a buddy of mine showed me at the start of this season, and it has gotten to the point where I usually check in 4-5 times a day. I always tell people to check it out - highest kudos from Stringer!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Sorry to keep picking your brain on here Dobber, but I am going to continue to do so as I really appreciate your wisdom.

What's your take on Brayden Schenn? What kind of numbers do you think he will post in a year or two?
    I think there's two directions he can go - the Jordan Staal direction, or the Eric Staal direction. With Claude Giroux there, it's hard to see him elbowing his way into fantasy prominence any time soon. Not within two years, anyway. At this point, I lean towards the more conservative Jordan-type upside. If he can take that big step next year, like Kadri did last year offensively, then that would change my mind considerably
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Giant

What are your thoughts on the 2014 NHL entry draft, Dobber? What's your top-10 for fantasy drafts? Standard Yahoo cats + Hits/Blks/FW
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchierich View Post
    Thanks for doing this. I have been hit with injuries again, but am holding onto a money position. We can make one drop a week. Who do you see as least likely to return this year (therefore my first drop)
    Okposo, Granlund, Doughty, Semin?

I am leaning towards Granlund as it is head, but have no clue about Okposo, Doughty is traveling so that is a good sign and I think Semin is just sick.

Also, are there any players that come to mind that have been put in a good spot with all the recent injuries who may show some good production the last two weeks (points only). I know Beau Bennet is, and Atkinson has stepped up, any other under the radar guys?
    I would say Granlund is well. But I have a bad feeling about Okposo

Bennett is the one who jumped out at me. Josh Bailey is another one.

Maroon has 8 points in 6 games

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Hi Dobber,

Finally motivated me to join - Thanks for the help!

10 team points-only keeper league.

Looking at the following possibilities for my 11th and final keeper - Appreciate your ranking and thoughts on keeper-worthiness of these guys:
    Stepan
    Kuznetsov
    Hertl
    Palat
    Hamilton
    Barrie
    You have to go with proven here, so Stepan. Unless your other keepers include like 4 centermen...

I would rank:

1. Stepan
    2. Palat
    3. Hamilton
    4. Barrie
    5. Kuznetsov
    6. Hertl

Because I tend to favor D. So proven first, then G, then D is how I weigh keepers, with an eye on upside

Dobber Sports Wizard

Henrique is entering his 4th year next season and lots of players break out in their 4th year. What kind of production do you see from him next season? NJ doesn't quite have the offensive talent to put around him so that probably will keep his numbers just OK. 25G and 30A reasonable?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    What are your thoughts on the 2014 NHL entry draft, Dobber? What's your top-10 for fantasy drafts? Standard Yahoo cats + Hits/Blks/FW
    I can't make an informed list for the draft, as I start my draft research after the playoff list is released (then I dive into the Prospects Report). I go full-bore into that stuff in about two weeks. I eat, sleep and breathe draft picks for the two months leading up to the draft but don't give it enough attention before then

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks dobber..

What do you see for Stepan and St Louis in goals and assists next year?

What do you see in wins and shutouts for Miller next year if he stays in StL?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Henrique is entering his 4th year next season and lots of players break out in their 4th year. What kind of production do you see from him next season? NJ doesn't quite have the offensive talent to put around him so that probably will keep his numbers just OK. 25G and 30A reasonable?
    He seems primed for a breakout - but break out to what? I don't think his upside is any higher than 70 points, with a likelihood of low 60s. Plus, he's a 70-75 game guy. So a breakout for him would be 73 games and 56 or 58 points...while a steady increase (not a breakout) is closer to 50 points. So your number is quite reasonable, if not a tad high

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Thanks dobber..

What do you see for Stepan and St Louis in goals and assists next year?

What do you see in wins and shutouts for Miller next year if he stays in StL?
    Miller will get 45 wins there. Mark it down that I said that. What's the NHL wins record, 49? 48? He'll have people talking about that in March. Dream job for him.

Stepan, if they finally admit that Richards is off a top line for good, will get 70 finally. St. Louis I say high-60s as he begins his slow fade. He was better off staying with TB

Dobber Sports Giant

I can't make an informed list for the draft, as I start my draft research after the playoff list is released (then I dive into the Prospects Report). I go full-bore into that stuff in about two weeks. I eat, sleep and breathe draft picks for the two months leading up to the draft but don't give it enough attention before then
    Oh. Thanks anyway, I guess.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin