Thread: Jarome Iginla - Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Jarome Iginla - Thanks!

I just want to say thanks to Iginla for backing me up this year. I took crap from people for stating that he was not washed up and I picked him up really late in my league this year because people thought he was done.

Even though he played most of his career in Calgary, he's still always been one of my favorite players, and it's been great to see him have such a solid year yet again, and be rewarded in my hockey pool because of my faith in his ability to score goals.

The hate he got heading into this year was so stupid and I'm not sure where it came from. My hunch is that many people didn't watch him regularly (since he's on a west coast team) and see the style of hockey he played in Calgary year after year, but that might be wrong. They were expecting some sort of dynamic speedster or something, when that has never been his game.

Anyways, I am sure we all have stories of certain players we have faith in that others don't, that has paid off.

Drafting some of these steady, older, players, has more times than not worked out well for me in one year leagues. Sometimes you get burned on injuries etc, but usually you can scoop them up later in the draft since they have lost a little bit of their superstar appeal and folks want to draft the young wunderkids.

Administrator

Default Re: Jarome Iginla - Thanks!

Jarome is unimpeachable. One of the greatest. Why did he have to be a stinking Flame?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Why did he have to be a stinking Flame?
    How else would he have been traded twice in the same day???

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

yeah I was wrong about him. He looked bad in Pittsburgh but I blame the Pens more for that now, especially Bylsma who is a terrible coach

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm just happy with how amazing he looks in a Bruins jersey.. He has been a perfect fit with Krejci and Lucic, with Horton leaving for Columbus..