Thread: In need of PIM this weekend, who's a good pickup?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default In need of PIM this weekend, who's a good pickup?

So the guy I'm playing in the Finals this week had Phaneuf and got a crazy 24 PIM on Monday .. I need to make that up this weekend for a final push.

Do you think there are any "sure bets" for a fight or something this weekend? preferably Sunday's game since I'm really maxed out for Saturday anyway.

Roussel is avail, and most of the Buffalo team. Any fights in the Edm/Anaheim or Phi/Buf game you think?

I can add a Defenseman for Fri/Saturday/Sun if you think anyone is prone to getting more PIM as well. Lots of teams playing two games over that span.

*With 4 moves this week - would it be wiser to go after the offensive categories which are still very equal, rather than go for a single PIM category? The other guy is beating me 30 - 12.

**Newest update .. it's now 50 -46 for the other guy with Sunday left. Still close on the offensive categories. Who can give me good SOG AND PIM?

*** I WON!!! Maroon got 10 mins and I got 20 total on Sunday. Won the category 66 - 54 ! Won the H2H Championship 7 - 3
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: In need of PIM this weekend, who's a good pickup?

Teams that are out of it will often be more inclined to fight.
    It's a reason for the "goons" to justify their position with the club... and since no playoff implications are on the line, it's a good time to do it.
    Well... I type that out and now looking at the schedule, looks like just about every NHL game has some sort of playoff team involved.

On FRI, there's CGY vs. FLA.
    Gudbranson had 17 PIM the other night vs. NYI (Carkner).
    You might consider signing him up.

The PIM crown is still up for grabs... and trust me, those guys know where they stand.
    So, look for either Tom Sestito (VAN) to add a few more PIM to his total against LA. Sestito hasn't fought either of the last two... with VAN making a possible push. They're out now though. Fight a'comin vs. Kyle Clifford (LA)?!?
    or, you may see Antoine Roussell (DAL) throw them. Roussell's last four games are No Fight, Fight, No Fight, Fight, No Fight... (upcoming game).
    DAL has games on both SAT & SUN... so he might fight vs. TB on SAT if Crombeen is feeling feisty... or it might be SUN if Gudbranson is ready.

Gudbranson-FLA (who plays FRI/SUN) and won't sacrifice much stats since you can slot him a D.
    or
    Roussel-DAL (who plays SAT/SUN).

Those are my picks.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Chris Neil has been getting some pretty good PIM lately...though he plays Saturday.
    Kevin Westgarth has been getting some fights too...plays tomorrow but not Sunday.
    Tyler Ennis can be pretty chippy...And as you said he plays Philly who usually brings out the physical side in teams.
    Antoine Roussel could be a good pick too and will land you some hits...and Kris Barch (FLA) usually fights quite a bit too.
    Zac Rinaldo will more than likely take a penalty if he plays...I watch most Philly games and he is a solid bet as any to fight or take a penalty
    I watched the first two periods of the EDM-ANA game yesterday and Matt Belesky (ANA) fought Will Acton...so maybe they'll go again?
    CHI vs STL could draw some fights on Sunday. Bollig (CHI) drops the gloves and Ryan Reaves (STL) does too

D who are prone to pick up any PIM: Gudbranson, D. Murray, Dillon, Bortuzzo, Mitchell, Polak...Good luck
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Ace

Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Awesome, thanks guys! I'm sure plenty of guys will appreciate your posts this weekend too

If McDonaugh doesn't play tonight, I'm gonna drop him for Gudbranson and take advantage of the game tomorrow. If he does play I'll probably still drop someone since I do have to scratch someone on Saturday anyway.

A lot of teams play tonight, we'll see if any of these guys put up some numbers or not. In that respect, if they fight tonight then you gotta wonder if they'll fight again this week or not..

Cool link there Two on One! I'll take a look, maybe I better pick a team that's 'green'
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

With 4 moves this week - would it be wiser to go after the offensive categories which are still very equal, rather than go for a single PIM category? The other guy is beating me 30 - 12.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Oh yes: PHI vs. BOS on Saturday (Day Game) is an excellent one.
    The two played VERY recently with Zac Rinaldo checking Iginla hard and then fighting with Iginla.
    That was at Wells Fargo (PHI).

With the game switching to TD Garden (BOS), and with Iginla sitting (hurt) - I'd guess that either Kevan Miller or Shawn Thornton will look to scrap with Rinaldo.
    Rinaldo should be an absolute LOCK for PIM on Saturday.

The money PIM is in the misconduct though... which is more likely going to a BOS player... but it's a 50/50 shot on Miller or Thornton - might be better to just go with Rinaldo.

EDIT: Jeebus, you are down 30-12 in PIM?!?
    Thanks for that now.
    Aw man... you need to state that in the OP... I wouldn't try to chase 18 PIM... gotta be a closer category to burn transactions on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Thanks for that now.
    Aw man... you need to state that in the OP... I wouldn't try to chase 18 PIM... gotta be a closer category to burn transactions on.
    heh, yeah I realized that afterwards ... that maybe I shouldnt bother chasing it. However, I was hoping to be closer after tonight as we both have most of our roster playing. Even if its not close, I should go for the G/A/PPP +/- ?

As of today the matchup looks like this with my score first:

G: 8 -5
    A: 9 - 9
    +/-: 0 - 0
    PIM: 12 - 30
    PPP: 8 - 5
    GWG: 2 - 0
    SOG: 59- 45
    Hits: 61 - 33

W: 1 - 1
    GAA: 1.93 -1.52
    SV%: 0.931 - 0.919
    SHO: 0 -1

Both with only two games played in Goalies ( He has Quick, Jones, Johnson)

Winning 6 - 3 I just need to tie to win, as I beat him H2H during the season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Thanks for that now.
    This. That's quite a difference in PIM. Even if you pick the right guy for a fighting major, it's a hard sell that they will get a misconduct as well. I'd go for offense and maybe try to pick a player who will likely get a good plus/minus. Consider grabbing a goalie too in attempt to bolster those categories.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

We'll see what happens after tonight, who knows what can happen. Even if its, close, should I just chase offensive categories since there's more?

Go for the offensive cats and punt PIM's. Johnny Boychuk is a good +- play with PPP potential and Assists.

Quote Originally Posted by leafnation View Post
    Go for the offensive cats and punt PIM's. Johnny Boychuk is a good +- play with PPP potential and Assists.
    Thanks for the tip! I couldn't gain any ground on the other guy tonight, so yeah, gonna go for the offensive cats. Just had a slew of injuries so now I really need to beef up those cats!

50 -46 now still for him. Unfortunately the offensive cats are still too close. Gonna have to go for SOG and Goals and hope for a few more PIM to swing my way.

I WON!!! Maroon got 10 mins and I got 20 total on Sunday. Won the category 66 - 54 ! Won the H2H Championship 7 - 3

Thanks for the advice guys, I ended up winning the SOG category by 1 SOG and tied the Goals cat. It was a nail-biter coming into Sunday down 5 -6 and behind by 12 SOG.

It shouldnt' have been this close, but losing Tavares, Fowler, Letang, Lupul, McDonagh and Doughty for the finals wasn't exactly easy :/

I haVe gudas maroon and garbutt in for pims for this championship week ...Rinaldo may get suspended this week so I left him on the bench