Thread: Brad Peacock or David Hale

I...am your father.

Default Brad Peacock or David Hale

It doesn't look as though Peacock is gonna start anytime soon...does Hale look like a guy who will stick in the rotation throughout? I have 40 moves for the year and already burned 5. So I'd like to make a move now and get a young guy with promise, but only if he upgrades Peacock.

I considered Peacock my 5th starter, but now I consider him my 1st bench guy (6th starter) after McGowan
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Default Re: Brad Peacock or David Hale

Anyone?

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I wouldn't say either of those guys would be much of an upgrade but if it's mixed league there should be something more promising on the waiver wire...
    Last edited by TheNugeCooge; April 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM. Reason: new info

I...am your father.

Mixed league, 16 team keeper, need 5 SP and 3 RP active. At least 180 pitchers are already owned. And my batting lineup is all-world. My pitching ...not so much

Hmmm, without knowing much about who else is available I'd probably stick with Peacock for now. I'd love to say McGowan would stay in the rotation but with limited moves I can't say I'd trust him staying healthy and in the rotation for the full season.

I...am your father.

Here are the top available SP's by % owned:

Morton
    McCarthy
    Parker
    Milone
    Stults
    Beachy
    Edwards
    Fried
    Lee
    Delgado
    Montero
    Biddle
    Hammel
    Danks
    Herang
    Stewart
    Wisler
    Foltynewicz
    Cole
    Chen
    Hale

Everyone else is 16% owned or less

I want to swing for the fences - 3 wins or 14 wins. I don't want a guy guaranteed to get 8-10 wins. And I want potential for more, so I don't want a 30-year-old coming off of a few 8 or 9 win seasons. Any suggestions?

I'd definitely go for Tommy Milone over Peacock or McGowan. His spot in the rotation is relatively safe with the injuries to Parker and Griffin. The Oakland A's are still a pretty solid team. I'd say he could push for 14 wins this year if he takes another step forward in his age 27 season.

If those guys are available perhaps James Paxton, Archie Bradley or Tyler Skaggs are available.....all of whom I'd probably prefer over Peacock and McGowan for strikeout upside and win potential.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you want to swing for the fences D, Foltynewicz has probably the most upside. Montero (if it's the NYM) also has some good upside. Will have to look over his numbers for more info so will get back to you
    Twitter: @jasonang00

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber,

Two names I don't see on your list that are definitely in the category you talked about in that they could put up 13-14 wins with pretty high strikeouts or they could go back to the bottom as they are both coming off injuries.

Drew Hutchison - TOR and Jenry Mejia - NYM
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by MacLiii View Post
    Dobber,

Two names I don't see on your list that are definitely in the category you talked about in that they could put up 13-14 wins with pretty high strikeouts or they could go back to the bottom as they are both coming off injuries.

Drew Hutchison - TOR and Jenry Mejia - NYM
    Mejia is long gone

I ended up grabbing Charlie Morton. Spent a long time looking through the suggestions and players. If the elbow stuff is behind him, I think he has a shot at 14 wins. And with this league, getting hurt isn't a huge issue as I can just swap him out again. But wins per month look good, potentially.