Thread: Brendan Smith

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Brendan Smith

Anyone have some insight on him? His numbers are crappy, but hes not getting any minutes especially on the power play. Still hope for him? Or is he maybe just not as good as hoped for?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

I...am your father.

Default Re: Brendan Smith

Lots of hope. Doing everything I said he'd do. Wait several years. When did Kronwall break out, 27? And when did he break out for good, 30? Smith won't be quite so long, but you get the idea. I'd like to see steady improvement though, year over year
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Giant

Smith has the abilities and mental skill to be a great all-around D. Keep in mind that D's tend to develop slower than forwards at the Pro level. If he was playing for another team than Detroit and generating these stats I would be a bit worried since he is 25. However, we can all agree that Detroit has slowly brought up their players and limited their ice time in the first YEARS after their respective call-ups to ensure that they do not rush their development. Usually when you are patient with a Red Wings' prospect, it pays off BIG... just ask the ''24 year old forward playing in his 1st full NHL season'' Nyquist owners...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Roto - still very appealing
    Points-only - still needs time which takes away from the appeal. Time is important.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Kind of in the same opinion as above. I still like him in the right situation. In a multi cat situation he can be OK for now at his salary I think he will never live up to the 15-45-60-120 type dream season but I still have hopes of him being a 10-35-45-100 and + player. So as long as his salary is reasonable I think he is still well worth the risk

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm of the same opinion as the rest. I think Babcock is bringing Smith along the right way but it's going to take some time. He hasn't yet earned the coaches trust that will lead to the big minutes and opportunity. Is he capable of that, I think so. I'd also agree that we need to temper expectations when Smith hits his prime. I also see him as a consistent 45pt guy with 100 PIM, 100+ Hits. I'll take that. But it won't be tomorrow.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well fellows Ive watched nearly every Wings game this year and I hold a different opinion of this young man.I used to be in the opinion that he would be a roto beast but Ive seen too much this year to leave me doubting.Some games he looks very very good and other games he is out and out terrible,yes I realize thats what you get in a young dman,however he is 25 yrs old now,with 3 yrs at college and basically 3 full yrs in the A. His positioning is rather weak at times and he joins the rush when he should be back,and vice versa.He is not as physical as he was in the A.I've seen him take a ton of boneheaded penalties as well.There is a reason he doesn't have Babs trust and it sits squarely on top of his shoulders.The talent is there but he has to get his head in the game at all times,not just when he feels like it( kinda like Franzen,who ironically is my fav player)
    2010 and 2014 IceHoles League champion
    16 Team Dynasty League,H2H Scoring 1.5 PTS g,1 PT assist,PPG + 1 additional,SHG +1.5 Additional,.1 pts per PIM wins 4 pts shutout 3 pts ga -1 sv .08
    C Backes,Bonino,Lee ,Nelson,Tierney
    LW Cammalerri,Benn,Kunitz,Zetterberg
    RW Kessel,Hossa,Pominville,Saad
    D Barrie,OEL,McDonagh,Josi,Chara
    G Luongo,Rinne,Allen
    Minors Buchnivich,Kempe,H.Samuelsson,Kapanen,Lindell,Were nski,Sproul,M.Jones,S.Williams,Gillies,Darling

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am riding him for a few more years. He'll mature. The post are right in my opinion. He is young and it takes time for D to gain confidence.

I hate to bail on anybody until it's no choice.
    I stuck with Hedman and it is paying off
    I stuck with Tatar and it seems to be a good choice.
    I stuck with R Sheehan and he seems to be better than I thought.
    I stuck with Okospo and it has paid off big this year.

You get the point. Patience is tough in fantasy but it's a must