Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starting my first Dynasty League - Any Feedback Appreciated

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Starting my first Dynasty League - Any Feedback Appreciated

I like your categories once you drop shutouts and +/-. I'd kill to get 15 other people who would sign onto a keeper league. Have fun!

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you are doing G, A, I wouldn't do Pts as it is the same stat and just rewards offensive players. I would include Hits and Blocked shots (even combined) which would make more defensive players equaL IN VALUE. Just from experience, gives more variety to player values. Sounds like it will be a good league.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

I just thought of another aspect that I would like some feedback on.

How should FA and WW pickups work, during the season and during the off-season?
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

In my dynasty league, we open July 1st - where all unowned players (free agents) are available on a "first come, first serve" basis.
    However, this follows a month of June where we have a "Free Agent Freeze" - since it is our "rest month" and we have our Entry Draft, where 5 new prospects are drafted/added & therefore 5 AHL players must be bumped out.
    So - we are considering a shift where July 1st is a "waiver day" and all unowned players are "on waivers", with the highest waiver priority getting their player (ANNUAL Waivers would reset for that July 1st: start of season... just like the NHL!)

Except for the June "month off", a dropped player goes directly to "Free Agency" and can be picked up immediately.
    This is OK in my DEEP league where the 12 teams own 60 players and a dropped player likely doesn't have much value.

In shallower leagues, I would say that a dropped players should go to "waivers" (like in most one year pools) so that there isn't teams that start dropping decent players that might be used by other teams who HAPPEN (!!!) to grab them first.

If you have "salary" for each player, you might set an amount where a player can be shifted waiver-free down to an AHL team.
    In my league, this magical amount is $1.5million.

Players over $1.5million can be sent down to an AHL team "via waivers"... and for 48-hours, that "waived player" could also be scooped by any other team in the league - but the team adding the player also has to place that player on their NHL team!

Some rules in my league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would a FA/WW freeze that lasted the entire summer/off-season work? How would that be?