Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I'm sorry but this post annihilated my irony meter.

It is such a good thing that you are here to tell fung's wife what to think because she clearly lacks the capacity to do so her self...
    Sometimes the truth hurts, dude. I'm sure his wife is a fantastic lady, but if she doesn't see a problem here then her head is in the sand.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Really fellas?! It's a damn expression. What kind of sheltered PC world do you people live in where you've never heard or used terms like, "he hits like a girl," etc?? Sexist?! I've heard it all now. LOL. "Man, it's hot as shit outside!" [insert: How do you compare our earthly climate to that of human waste!!!] Sorry, but a few of you are acting like little girls in this thread - don't get your panties in a bunch.

And, yes, this video is a perfect example of Crosby's continual use of dramatic embellishment every time he even gets sneezed on. It's embarrassing - take the fan goggles off and call it like it is. Yeah, Kovalev was one of the worst ever and the Habs were always my 2nd favorite team.
    Of course we've heard it. The point is we're tired of it because it's sexist, ignorant BS.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Deity

Train has officially been derailed.....
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Of course we've heard it. The point is we're tired of it because it's sexist, ignorant BS.
    Riiiight. Get off your high horse buddy. Oh, and thanks for the negative rep - appreciate it. You really are a little bitch.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I'm sorry but this post annihilated my irony meter.

It is such a good thing that you are here to tell fung's wife what to think because she clearly lacks the capacity to do so her self...
    Too ironic. Most sensible people can handle tongue-in-cheek humor and snippy comments, including my wife. I'm guessing any woman with self confidence clearly knows her value and doesn't need other girls like mounD and the Swedish flower fighting the fight for them in a hockey forum over a Sindy Crosby reference. Those two ladies clearly need a life.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Riiiight. Get off your high horse buddy. Oh, and thanks for the negative rep - appreciate it. You really are a little bitch.
    Thank you for proving our point yet again. How about you show that you are a reasoning grown-up in the 21st century and not a thick-skulled caveman? Your attitude is embarrassing.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Thank you for proving our point yet again. How about you show that you are a reasoning grown-up in the 21st century and not a thick-skulled caveman? Your attitude is embarrassing.
    If you're gonna act like a baby, that's how I'll interact with you. Oh wait, call child services, I compared you to a baby... I guess I'm now a caveman who loathes children. Right? Right? I've just set toddler confidence back 10 years by comparing you to a child.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Initiate

So the guy who tried to have an adult conversation about an issue that is important to him is childish, and the guy who is getting all defensive about a bit of criticism, and engaging in more and more name calling is the adult?

And the guy who used the rep system in response to an actual social issue is whiny but the guy who is upset that he received -1 Internet Coolness points is not?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    So the guy who tried to have an adult conversation about an issue that is important to him is childish, and the guy who is getting all defensive about a bit of criticism, and engaging in more and more name calling is the adult?

And the guy who used the rep system in response to an actual social issue is whiny but the guy who is upset that he received -1 Internet Coolness points is not?
    It should have never been an issue to begin with. Crosby fans got all mushy because I called him a little girl. And they were so emotional they decided to use a Crosby bust on a fantasy hockey message board to get on their high horses and preach to everyone about the universal mistreatment of women (not to mention personally insulting my wife and I in the process). As I said, this was not the time nor the place for that nonsense. If you or others can't see that, so be it, I don't know what to tell you. If this is what this forum is turning into, it's a very sad day. I'm not going to watch everything I say tongue-and-cheek because children are going to dissect it and turn every snarky wise crack into some moral debate. It's absolutely foolish.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Stud

Okay- live breathing girl/woman speaking here.

Fungchen3, at first I brushed off your "flop like a girl" comment. Sure it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up but if I reacted to every like comment, well that's all I'd be doing. I don't like the comment or use of it but I was willing to overlook it. BUT I was very heartened when people like MounD and Dakkster spoke up.

One of the reasons I hesitated in coming forward to say I am a woman on the Dobber site is because of threads like this. If I speak up as a woman, do my comments and opinions suddenly become judged through the eyes of " this is a woman speaking", rather than stay in the anonymity of just another Dobber member and poster. Luckily I felt that there were enough members who only cared and judged what I had to say rather than who was saying it.

Fungchen3 I have to say that it is your subsequent comments that made me re-assess your original "flop like a girl" comment.

You went on in subsequent posts to:

- call Dakkster a "bitch"
    - ask MounD if he was "ragging"
    - make the comment of "girls like MounD"
    - and commented about "all the skirts coming to 'her' ( Crosby ) defense"

So because I am a girl/woman do you judge me and my comments in the frame of being a bitch, ragging, and wearing a skirt?

I couldn't care less what people think of Crosby, diver, embellisher etc. but why play the "girl" card. Why not substitute "girl" with "queer" or "gay"?

See those words, along with the "N-word" were once commonly used and thought of as no big deal and "just an expression". Heck lots of people used them so they must be okay. Right?

Sure one comment in isolation isn't a big deal but it can easily slide into becoming a culture as others have expressed much more eloquently than I could.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not sexist, nor am I defending Fungchen here... but this is a FANTASY HOCKEY FORUM. That doesn't make it right, but what did you guys expect? What you're doing is the equivalent of going to a playboy mansion party and then blasting everyone for objectifying women!

Life is not perfect... there is racism and sexism everywhere unfortunately. You can't expect to change people overnight, there are deeply routed cultural, societal and habitual tendencies at play here that will probably never be unravelled even over centuries.

Some times in life, you either have to accept things as they are, or you simply have to leave the environment. Forcefully shoving values down someone's throat (especially when you're in the lion's den) is not going to create any positive progress. There's a time and setting for that, and I don't think this is the appropriate place.

Not to mention you guys completely hijacked the OP.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Okay- live breathing girl/woman speaking here.

Fungchen3, at first I brushed off your "flop like a girl" comment. Sure it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up but if I reacted to every like comment, well that's all I'd be doing. I don't like the comment or use of it but I was willing to overlook it. BUT I was very heartened when people like MounD and Dakkster spoke up.

One of the reasons I hesitated in coming forward to say I am a woman on the Dobber site is because of threads like this. If I speak up as a woman, do my comments and opinions suddenly become judged through the eyes of " this is a woman speaking", rather than stay in the anonymity of just another Dobber member and poster. Luckily I felt that there were enough members who only cared and judged what I had to say rather than who was saying it.

Fungchen3 I have to say that it is your subsequent comments that made me re-assess your original "flop like a girl" comment.

So because I am a girl/woman do you judge me and my comments in the frame of being a bitch, ragging, and wearing a skirt?

I couldn't care less what people think of Crosby, diver, embellisher etc. but why play the "girl" card. Why not substitute "girl" with "queer" or "gay"?

See those words, along with the "N-word" were once commonly used and thought of as no big deal and "just an expression". Heck lots of people used them so they must be okay. Right?

Sure one comment in isolation isn't a big deal but it can easily slide into becoming a culture as others have expressed much more eloquently than I could.
    No, I don't judge you in any way differently than the others. But I honestly think you (and the others) are being ultra-sensitive here quite frankly. Would it be any different if I said Crosby flopped like a little boy or a baby or child? Does that mean I dislike and discriminate against little boys and children? I guess where I come from and how I was raised, people know how to handle cut-ups and jokes - apparently some people get offended by the easiest things.

As for...

You apparently didn't take it as me overplaying to those guys the same way they are overreacting in this thread. If you were offended by that, that's not my attention but you can take it however you wish.

Again, nobody here (to my knowledge) is against girls or women. If you put 5,000 random people in a conference room and asked them: "Who is more likely to play with a Barbie Doll, a girl or a boy?" I'm willing to bet 4,980 of them answer "Girl." Does that mean they are insulting the girls? Or discriminating against the boys who want to play with Barbie too? No. It's just the way it is... and if you think that's wrong, so be it.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Giant

It should have never been an issue to begin with. Crosby fans got all mushy because I called him a little girl. And they were so emotional they decided to use a Crosby bust on a fantasy hockey message board to get on their high horses and preach to everyone about the universal mistreatment of women (not to mention personally insulting my wife and I in the process). As I said, this was not the time nor the place for that nonsense. If you or others can't see that, so be it, I don't know what to tell you. If this is what this forum is turning into, it's a very sad day. I'm not going to watch everything I say tongue-and-cheek because children are going to dissect it and turn every snarky wise crack into some moral debate. It's absolutely foolish.
    This has nothing to do with Crosby; I could care less what some idiot thinks about Crosby, he's the best player in the world and you're a Philly fan. I'm more than used to ignorant losers from Philly spouting garbage. Again, this is nothing new ...

What I was standing up against was your comments toward women. It's unacceptable, and you are the one who is acting like a child. I apologize that you've been exposed for holding some pretty damn backwards views, but this is the 21st century. Why don't you join us?

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I was standing up against was your comments toward women. It's unacceptable
    I guess I did compare women to Crosby. That was pretty harsh. Outside of that, I don't think I've made any verbal attacks against women. You on the other hand (which is completely ironic lol) ...
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Giant

Your Barbie analogy is trite garbage ... The HUGE difference here is that you're equating femininity with weakness. Playing with a toy may reinforce stupid gender roles, but it doesn't actively demean women's ability to be strong and see themselves as equal human beings. What you are doing could, potentially, have that effect. In fact, studies show that constant reinforcement of backwards statements and ideas like yours, Fungchen, have a substantial negative effect on women and their self-image.

Again, it seems like you aren't getting the picture: Nobody is saying you are actively against women, but your comments help foster a culture that reinforces that women are inherently less valued than men. Like I said, the road to hell is paved with good intentions; the Dred Scott decision, in which the United States Supreme Court said that blacks aren't officially human beings, was just a reiteration of commonly held beliefs in society. It wasn't an explicitly anti-black decision; however, the practical effects on blacks were overwhelmingly negative. When people like Fung spout this garbage, and continue to justify it even in the face of clear wrongdoing, it plays a part in reinforcing these negative (AND WRONG) beliefs. Nobody is asking you to feel differently; it's clear you won't change, and you feel like you've done nothing wrong. But you are wrong ...

Just cut it out, you're really embarrassing yourself with these misogynist comments. Gender income inequality is a real thing; sexual violence is a real thing; domestic violence is a real thing; and women who hate themselves because men teach them to IS A REAL THING. Wouldn't you rather be on the right side of history here? It's entirely your choice: either you can keep contributing to the problem, or you can shut up and help find a solution. If you think it's "childish" to stand up for equal rights, I don't know what to tell you ... You're either ignorant, lying, or bat-sh*t crazy. I'm hoping it's just ignorance, although your responses to some of the well-worded criticisms here in this thread lead me to believe that may not be the case. You can't plead ignorance anymore ...