Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Really fellas?! It's a damn expression. What kind of sheltered PC world do you people live in where you've never heard or used terms like, "he hits like a girl," etc?? Sexist?! I've heard it all now. LOL. "Man, it's hot as shit outside!" [insert: How do you compare our earthly climate to that of human waste!!!] Sorry, but a few of you are acting like little girls in this thread - don't get your panties in a bunch.

And, yes, this video is a perfect example of Crosby's continual use of dramatic embellishment every time he even gets sneezed on. It's embarrassing - take the fan goggles off and call it like it is. Yeah, Kovalev was one of the worst ever and the Habs were always my 2nd favorite team.
    I think you're being a bit dramatic. Gretzky embellished. Lemieux embellished. As the video that I posted shows, your beloved Giroux also embellishes. Are they all embarrassments to the game too? I'm sure we could find footage of 95% of NHL players embellishing at some point. Unfortunately it happens, and some players do it more than others.. Crosby is the highest profile player, and has a polarizing personality, so his diving gets blown way out of proportion. 95% of the extremist views on Crosby and his diving come from Flyers fans.

And I'm sorry, this instance was not a dive. Again, how would you react if you got smacked in the face when you weren't looking or expecting it? If you don't think he got hit, you need to have a closer look at the video.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    You are acting like a damn idiot. Do you not understand that your words have a profound effect on how women view themselves. It's not OK to say these things. You're really going to say I need to get a grip? The intellectual disconnect in your "argument" is PROFOUND. And note, I'm using the word "argument" in the loosest sense of the word.
    So, let me get this straight. My wife looks at this, laughs and thinks you're messing with me. Yet, you (a man) are getting all bent out of shape because I said Crosby is acting like a little girl and have gone on some outlandish tirade about how making a joke about Crosby is a direct correlation to giving women low self esteem, let alone endorsing mass rape and sex trafficking of women?? I'm through with this thread. If you (or anyone else) really gets offended or think I'm a dick because I said Crosby is acting like a little girl, so be it. I'm not sure how much you think you know about women, but I can tell you that every woman I know wouldn't not be offended in the least by what I said... and would probably ask you why you're acting like a little girl about it.

Don't get all worked up over nonsense. Cheer up buddy. Cheers.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Again, how would you react if you got smacked in the face when you weren't looking or expecting it? If you don't think he got hit, you need to have a closer look at the video.
    I get hit in the face in my beer league pick-up games 10x harder that Crosby got hit in that video... and I never threw my head back, flopped to my knees and held my face like I was shot by a sniper in the mezzanine. I'm sorry, it's hockey. Your better argument is that other players have embellished in the past - that I agree with - but please don't act like the linesman's hand legitimately caused Crosby to react like that. Rotfl.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Master

Oh, and, for the record, I was just showing my WIFE this thread for fun and she rolled her eyes, made a look, and assumed you were joking.
    I sincerely hope that you took the laptop into the kitchen for her to see... It's cruel to lure them out and give them the illusion of freedom.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

This whole issue is getting over blown. Discussing semantics shouldn't be done with the undertone of sensationalism.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

I get hit in the face in my beer league pick-up games 10x harder that Crosby got hit in that video... and I never threw my head back, flopped to my knees and held my face like I was shot by a sniper in the mezzanine. I'm sorry, it's hockey. Your better argument is that other players have embellished in the past - that I agree with - but please don't act like the linesman's hand legitimately caused Crosby to react like that. Rotfl.
    I honestly think he got caught with the whistle. I was watching the game......after it happened, Crosby skated a short shift and then went to the bench. He was shown rubbing and flexing his jaw......I don't think he was embellishing, I think it was a combination of being surprised, and it legitimately hurting. Remember that awful mouth/jaw injury at the end last year which took multiple surgeries to repair? Oh yeah, that one..... I bet that area is still pretty tender.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I sincerely hope that you took the laptop into the kitchen for her to see... It's cruel to lure them out and give them the illusion of freedom.
    She was actually sitting next to me, eating the dinner I cooked for us tonight, and drinking the wine I opened and poured for her. I better cut that stuff out though... it's hard to degrade women when you're cooking for them and pouring their Shiraz.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Master

She was actually sitting next to me, eating the dinner I cooked for us tonight, and drinking the wine I opened and poured for her. I better cut that stuff out though... it's hard to degrade women when you're cooking for them and pouring their Shiraz.
    Communist.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ace

This is exactly why we still need feminism and feminists in our society. Passing these comments off as the norm is a society failed imo. People need to change their mindset, calling someone a girl is NOT ok! what's wrong with being a girl??!! My wife was a girl, doesn't make her any less of a human.

Well said MounD. +1 mate.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Banned

Really fellas?! It's a damn expression. What kind of sheltered PC world do you people live in where you've never heard or used terms like, "he hits like a girl," etc?? Sexist?! I've heard it all now. LOL. "Man, it's hot as shit outside!" [insert: How do you compare our earthly climate to that of human waste!!!] Sorry, but a few of you are acting like little girls in this thread - don't get your panties in a bunch.

And, yes, this video is a perfect example of Crosby's continual use of dramatic embellishment every time he even gets sneezed on. It's embarrassing - take the fan goggles off and call it like it is. Yeah, Kovalev was one of the worst ever and the Habs were always my 2nd favorite team.
    well said. Not sure what people expect on a hockey forum. It's a tough game out there.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    well said. Not sure what people expect on a hockey forum. It's a tough game out there.
    I wish I could find the video of Kevin Stevens and I think Rick Tocchet verbally destroying Brian Bellows back in the 90s. They were on the bench and he was lined up on the wing for a neutral zone face-off and they were killing him. Stevens kept saying, "keep flopping to the ice Bellows, like an effing broad." Then Tocchet chimed in. Good old fashioned hockey lip service... and the mics picked it all up lol.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I wonder if that has anything to do with the disproportionately few women in fantasy hockey, or on this forum.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    I wonder if that has anything to do with the disproportionately few women in fantasy hockey, or on this forum.
    I doubt it. I know women who play fantasy football and visit the football forums for advice, strategy and banter.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    There are apparently a number of women on the Dobber forums... I'm genuinely curious as to their take on this increasingly bizarre thread.
    /S

Victoria DH

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    There are apparently a number of women on the Dobber forums... I'm genuinely curious as to their take on this increasingly bizarre thread.
    Bizarre? Just about every other Crosby negativity thread has taken this sort of turn at some point...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust