Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

All I can say is: Wow, this is effing embarrassing. And it's only going to get 10x worse come playoff time. Just Saying

6-GM / WK-H2H
    Skaters: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, Hat Trick= +1
    *DMen/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G Max)
    *Captain: Malkin
    (F): Tavares, Stamkos, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Eichel, MacKinnon, Kessel, Pacioretty, Kopitar, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, F.Forsberg, Toffoli, Drouin, Burakovsky, M.Domi, Ehlers, W.Nylander, Marner, Rantanen, Buchnevich, Sprong
    (*D): Karlsson, P.Subban, Letang, Ekman-Larsson, Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, T.Barrie, Hedman, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, M.Rielly, Pouliot, Zadorov, Provorov, Pulock, DeAngelo, Montour
    (G): Price, Holtby, Vasilevskiy

Administrator

Default Re: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

That linesman knows the Austin Powers judo chop. Crosby is a beast for not being knocked out like everyone in the movies.
    Send me a PM if you have any issues or requests for Frozen Pool!

UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

Eastern Edge article archive

Find me on Twitter for questions and chatter @DH_EricDaoust.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Blatant head shot... that linesman is getting suspended for what, 5 games?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Victoria DH
    C(3): Toews, Johnson, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Henrique, Burakovsky, N. Paul
    RW(3): Toffoli, Callahan, Palmieri
    F(3): Bouma, B. Boyle, Roussell
    D(6): Doughty, Larsson, Bieksa, Vlasic, Franson, Stoner
    G(1): Talbot, Luongo
    Bench: Kruger(C), Copp(C), Cracknell (RW), Korpikoski(LW), Nesterov (D), Schelmko (D)

Prospects(10): Bjorkstrand, De La Rose, N. Rod, Dvorak
    Hyman, Lehkonen, Hagg, Lindell, Oesterle, Sorokin

Banned

Jealous Flyers fan lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Jealous Flyers fan lol
    Lol jealous of what? That Crosby isn't a Flyer? There are many players I wish were on the Flyers... sure I'd take Sid in a heartbeat. Great player... but he is among the worst divers/embellishers in the league and it is pathetic. A player as great as Crosby shouldn't need to dive and flop like a girl.
    6-GM / WK-H2H

(F): Tavares, Stamkos, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Eichel, MacKinnon, Kessel, Pacioretty, Kopitar, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, F.Forsberg, Toffoli, Drouin, Burakovsky, M.Domi, Ehlers, W.Nylander, Marner, Rantanen, Buchnevich, Sprong
    (*D): Karlsson, P.Subban, Letang, Ekman-Larsson, Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, T.Barrie, Hedman, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, M.Rielly, Pouliot, Zadorov, Provorov, Pulock, DeAngelo, Montour

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Crosby has nothing on this guy....

Dobber staff writer for Capped

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Eriksson, Chimera, Turris, Steen, Letang, Kucherov, Brouwer, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, KHayes, JSchwartz, Fabbri, Spooner, Shattenkirk, Boedker, KPalmieri

G-Rask, Halak

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but donít stare.. Unless youíre wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    All I can say is: Wow, this is effing embarrassing. And it's only going to get 10x worse come playoff time. Just Saying

Let's see how you feel after getting karate-chopped to the teeth with a stainless steel whistle when you are least expecting it.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Let's see how you feel after getting karate-chopped to the teeth with a stainless steel whistle when you are least expecting it.
    Rotfl, this must be a joke haha.
    6-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Veteran

Rotfl, this must be a joke haha.
    You're right it was a joke. The linesman chop would not have been nearly as painful as this atrocious incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dpUE6kpDs
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't know if this is the best example of 'a dive'. His over-reaction looked more surprised to me then trying to draw a penalty. To me a dive should have either an element of falling on purpose or faking an injury.

However, please don't take this comment as a vote to join either of the "Crosby can do no wrong" or "Crosby is the devil" cults.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    I don't know if this is the best example of 'a dive'. His over-reaction looked more surprised to me then trying to draw a penalty. To me a dive should have either an element of falling on purpose or faking an injury.

However, please don't take this comment as a vote to join either of the "Crosby can do no wrong" or "Crosby is the devil" cults.
    I agree that Crosby has taken dives in the past, but this is a poor example of a dive as reeveta stated. There was no delayed reaction, it was a reaction of total surprise....there's no way he could have seen that coming, and there was definite contact to his face. I'm neither pro or anti-Crosby, only a fantasy owner.......I just disagree that this was a dive on his part. They panned to him on the bench after the shift, and he still looked a bit shaken up and was flexing his jaw. As an owner, I was actually worried that he might have gotten his bell rung.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't see anything that I wouldn't do if I got hit by a hand and whistle while skating and not expecting it. It's a natural reaction! The Anti Crosby fan club needs to realize that you could find crap like this about pretty much every player out there. Pretty weak argument for a dive imo.
    Pre-playoff league standings 2015
    HTW - 2/12, UNFFHL - 2/24
    TBIM - 13/18, KoH - 2/14

Need more 1s...

Dobber Sports Sage

Lol jealous of what? That Crosby isn't a Flyer? There are many players I wish were on the Flyers... sure I'd take Sid in a heartbeat. Great player... but he is among the worst divers/embellishers in the league and it is pathetic. A player as great as Crosby shouldn't need to dive and flop like a girl.
    And you don't need to denigrate women by saying something is "like a girl." Come on, man. You're an adult, have some respect. With that comment, you're instantly worse than anything you accuse Crosby of being. Just sayin ...

I really like you, Fungchen. You're one of the more likeable fellows around these parts. But you're in the wrong here.
    Pittsburgh Penguins -- NHLFL
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Salary cap Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 5BN (IR) + 25 AHL + 10 juniors (60 total)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blk, FW // W, GAA, Saves, Sv%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Eichel, Kadri, Fisher, Bennett
    LW: Hall, Zetterberg, Galchenyuk, Huberdeau
    RW: Stamkos, Kesler, Little, Lindholm, Semin
    D: Weber, Hedman, OEL, Jones, Pouliot, Stone, Bieksa
    G: Talbot, Allen, Mrazek, Gibson

Bench: Draisaitl, Barzal, Rantanen, Zacha, Konecny, Horvat, Goldobin, Kapanen, Ritchie // Nurse, Ristolainen, Theodore, Nesterov, Vainio

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    I don't see anything that I wouldn't do if I got hit by a hand and whistle while skating and not expecting it. It's a natural reaction! The Anti Crosby fan club needs to realize that you could find crap like this about pretty much every player out there. Pretty weak argument for a dive imo.
    Weak argument + backhanded dig against women = not a great post.
    Pittsburgh Penguins -- NHLFL
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Salary cap Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 5BN (IR) + 25 AHL + 10 juniors (60 total)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blk, FW // W, GAA, Saves, Sv%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Eichel, Kadri, Fisher, Bennett
    LW: Hall, Zetterberg, Galchenyuk, Huberdeau
    RW: Stamkos, Kesler, Little, Lindholm, Semin
    D: Weber, Hedman, OEL, Jones, Pouliot, Stone, Bieksa
    G: Talbot, Allen, Mrazek, Gibson

Bench: Draisaitl, Barzal, Rantanen, Zacha, Konecny, Horvat, Goldobin, Kapanen, Ritchie // Nurse, Ristolainen, Theodore, Nesterov, Vainio

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    And you don't need to denigrate women by saying something is "like a girl." Come on, man. You're an adult, have some respect. With that comment, you're instantly worse than anything you accuse Crosby of being. Just sayin ...

I really like you, Fungchen. You're one of the more likeable fellows around these parts. But you're in the wrong here.
    Relax. It's pretty common vocabulary in sports.