Thread: Sens sign Hobey Baker nominee Dzingel

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Sens sign Hobey Baker nominee Dzingel

More help for the Bingo Sens as Hobey Baker nominee Ryan Dzingel has signed an ELC and will head to the AHL right away. He's a 7th rounder from 2011 that has spent 3 years with Ohio State. He will forego his 4th and final year by signing this deal.

He is a prospect that is rising very fast through the Sens system as of late and had one of the more impressive camps with the Sens this season.

His game was more complete now as compared to previous years with Ohio State which has lead to an increase in his offence - funny how that works. His first strides are world class and he was always a pass first player until this year when after 3 years of pleading from Buckeyes coaches, he shot the puck more with instant success. He's hard on the forecheck for not being the biggest player.

Congrats on getting paid to play this game we follow.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Sens sign Hobey Baker nominee Dzingel

Any thoughts on fantasy upside? I've been really curious about Dzingel, and I'm having a tough time finding a good breakdown of what his fantasy future looks like. Thanks in advance for the responses. Will +Rep thoughtful replies.

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Any thoughts on fantasy upside? I've been really curious about Dzingel, and I'm having a tough time finding a good breakdown of what his fantasy future looks like. Thanks in advance for the responses. Will +Rep thoughtful replies.

Cheers.
    Fantasy upside? So tough to say right now. He has been trending upward and that is proven by his increased role, stats, leadership and eventual 2-year ELC during his 3 years in Ohio.

"Dzingel does a little bit of everything for Ohio State. A year after posting a more-than-respectable 38 points in 40 games, Dzingel blew past that mark this year as his team’s leading scorer and being 7th in the nation for goals. Hobey-baker nominee too, but that means nothing. He’s also a defensive terror on the ice while playing the center position, and plays with a grittiness that would allow him to play any role at the pro level."

Buckeye fans love him:
    http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...ttawa-senators

I would've like to see what he could do in his final year of Ohio State hockey, but the Sens needed to make their move on him or they would have lost his rights ala Justin Schultz on July 1st. He will be in Bingo right away this season and Coach Luc Richardson has already said he will get quality minutes. He should play on Friday.

No need to draft him yet in your pool, give it a year of watching him at the pro level in my opinion.

NHL comparibles: Tyler Bozak or Craig Smith but too early to tell. Let's watch and see how he is used now that he is controlled by the Sens. I don't know, for someone that calls himself a pass-first player, he plays the point on the PP and bombs shots from there. Maybe I will add Kyle Turris to my NHL upside compatible for Dzingel.

Dobber Sports Genius

Update on Dzingel:

http://php.pressconnects.com/blogs/b...put-guys-work/

First game is tonight.