Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shows that should never have been cancelled

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Shows that should never have been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Yup! I've watched Deadwood about 8 times. Just as good every time. Firefly is the other show I wish had never been cancelled.
    Precisely the two shows that I was going to point out. Deadwood and Firefly, hands down.

Dobber Sports Star

I agree on Deadwood and Firefly. Al Swearengen might be the greatest written television character of all time. Carnivale and Rome were also cancelled too early too. Ahh HBO, why do you do this to me??? I also really enjoyed Murder One; it was a courtroom drama that lasted 2 seasons, but each court case lasted several episodes. In two seasons, they covered 3 cases I think and it was brilliantly written. Sadly, I was the only one that watched it LOL.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Definitely Deadwood.

I also enjoyed the TV Show "V". Only lasted a couple years but was one I enjoyed.

A comedy that the wife and I both liked that just seemed to end was Rules of Engagement.

I sure could have used another season of Entourage as well.

Harry's Law was a decent show that I quite enjoyed.

Lie To Me starring Tim Roth was one I liked that just went away. Booo!

Hmmm, thats all I can think of right now off the top of my head.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    A comedy that the wife and I both liked that just seemed to end was Rules of Engagement.
    I've always thought David Spade is underrated. He's been on some pretty good shows (Rules of Engagement, SNL, Just Shoot Me), and been in some pretty good movies (Tommy Boy, Grown-ups, etc.).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

For those with a looooooong memory, Police Squad! only lasted six episodes. Many of the gags in those shows (as well as Leslie Nielsen) ended up in Naked Gun movie...

Dobber Sports Icon

Clone High, if you've seen it, you agree with me. If you haven't, go watch it right now!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Guru

Law and Order. I know it was on for 20 years, but man, I wish they still made episodes of the original series.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Giant

I really enjoyed a PD, EMT and FD show back in the early 2000's called Third Watch. Chicago Fire and a bunch of similar shows flooded the stations in the past years to cater to that audience but none of them were as compelling as TW was. They even started producing the DVDs of the series several years ago but stopped at season 2 for some odd reason (I think there was 6 seasons in all).
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0197182/

Another show I loved when it first came out in 2011 was Allen Gregory; a cartoon starring Jonah Hill (he was the voice of Allen Gregory). Unfortunately, the show was canned after only a few episodes. It had a Family Guy type of humor with some less far fetched events.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790914/
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

Another vote for Deadwood. I loved that show. Most fascinating cast of weirdo characters ever. I hated how the final episode was obviously a desperate anti-climatic attempt to tie up loose ends, when they had been building to something much bigger.

Dobber Sports Master

I really liked Carnivale: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I really liked Carnivale: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/
    Carnivale is one of my all time favourites, just brilliant.

Terminator and Firelfly of course, but I'd like to add Dead Like Me to the list - I was seriously pissed off when that one got cancelled after season 2.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have four. FireFly, then the others. The Dresden Files, Reaper, Pushing Daisies

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lots of good choices in this thread.

I'll add Awake to the list. Guy gets in a car crash and his son dies but his wife lives. Wakes up the next day and his wife died and his son lived. Each day he wakes up his life changes back and forth. He was a cop, and sometimes things would happen in one "world" that would help him solve a case in the other. And you never know which existence is real.

Only lasted one season, probably 3 or 4 years ago, hence the shoddy recap on my part. But it was a pretty cool show.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Icon

Forgot about The 4400, that was an amazing show. Still pissed they never got to wrap it up
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I agree on Deadwood and Firefly. Al Swearengen might be the greatest written television character of all time. Carnivale and Rome were also cancelled too early too. Ahh HBO, why do you do this to me???

Rylant
    Do you recall the rumors that Deadwood was supposedly cancelled so that the creator and writer, David Milch, could move on to his next show?
    Milch has given conflicting comments as to whether or not that was truly the case.

The new show he supposedly let Deadwood die for?

The horrendous sack of crap "John from Cincinnati."

If there were a new thread, "Shows that should never have been made,", Johnny from Cincy would be at the top of my list.
    In retrospect, I wonder if it was really as bad as I remember it being; or if I really just never gave it a chance since I at least partially blamed it for killing Deadwood.
    I'm pretty sure it was awful.

Milch returned in 2012 with Luck for HBO. As I enjoy playing the ponies, I enjoyed this show for the year it was on, and was sad to see it cancelled after only one season.