Thread: Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Ovechkin

Mother of God. He's finally done it. He was in the bottom few for plus minus a few days ago, but he's got that record now.

"@MikeKellyNHL: Ovechkin ranks 1st out of 857 players in goals with 48. He ranks 857th out of 857 players in plus minus at -34."

Just incredible. 1st in NHL history I must imagine? I hope it stays that way til the end of the season. Would be remarkable to see

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ovechkin

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Mother of God. He's finally done it. He was in the bottom few for plus minus a few days ago, but he's got that record now.

"@MikeKellyNHL: Ovechkin ranks 1st out of 857 players in goals with 48. He ranks 857th out of 857 players in plus minus at -34."

Just incredible. 1st in NHL history I must imagine? I hope it stays that way til the end of the season. Would be remarkable to see
    Wow. And thats the captain of Washington. When you provide that much offence there is no excuse to be last in the entire league in plus/minus.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Master

Thank God we only only counted points in our one year league, or Ovie would have been an absolute disaster for my otherwise competitive team.

Hard to believe that this guy could still get any consideration for the Hart trophy!!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How can anyone have a worse +/- than Nail Yakupov? That's crazy!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ovi is brutal. Fantasy gold in points-only, but his real life value is not even close to fantasy value. How can a captain be -34?? There's a reason he hasn't, and won't ever win a cup. I'm curious on his ES stats, I feel like he only ever scores on the PP too. I wouldn't take him on my team in a leadership role, sure I'll take him but don't give him a letter.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    Ovi is brutal. Fantasy gold in points-only, but his real life value is not even close to fantasy value. How can a captain be -34?? There's a reason he hasn't, and won't ever win a cup. I'm curious on his ES stats, I feel like he only ever scores on the PP too. I wouldn't take him on my team in a leadership role, sure I'll take him but don't give him a letter.
    Yep.

What I really find interesting is this raises a question: Would you want Ovi on your NHL team?
    Would you prefer a 60pt forward that's responsible defensively? I'm compelled to say I would take most RWers in the league capable of putting up 60 points but being sound D over Ovi. Can't see him as being that beneficial.

Dobber Sports Master

He's one the greatest goal scorers of all time. Of course you want him on your team. You can find other 60 point, defensively responsible forwards. You cannot find another 50 goal scorer.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    He's one the greatest goal scorers of all time. Of course you want him on your team. You can find other 60 point, defensively responsible forwards. You cannot find another 50 goal scorer.
    It's not that simple though. He's an even-strength liability. The fact he has been on for 34 more goals against than he has been on for even-strength goals for highlights that. His 50 goal-scoring capability is half attributable to the PP. I'd argue you get someone more defensively responsible that can score 30 goals in a season, give him OVs PP time, and you come out ahead.

Dobber Sports Master

5 on 5, the Caps scored .87 goals on a goals for and goals against ratio this year. Last few years that number was 1.07, 1.01 and 1.07. I think what you are seeing here is a total team failure. Nik Backstrom is a -21 but no one is talking about him. Ovechkin is a career +45 and Backstrom is a career +75. No one can score except for Ovechkin, which he is going with great consistency. Do you think he played differently last year when he was a +2 for the season?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Another -2 last night. The man is killing me down the stretch here.

Hey Adam Oats - How about you split up OV and Backstrom and pair OV with Jay Beagle, seems like a win win stratagy to me! What a tool.

Dobber Sports Pro

Reading this thread I came to think about this old .GIF I saw the other day:

http://primism.com/ovechkins-controller-disconnected/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post

absolute gold

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post

Bahahaha!!!!! Funniest thing I've seen all day!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon