Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is RNH gonna take that next step??

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Is RNH gonna take that next step??

I have RNH in my keeper pool. Ive had some offers for the guy, but nothing great. Am I crazy to think he's due for a huge breakout year. Fourth Year Magic???

Should I cut my losses and get what i can for him?

What are your realistic expectations for him next season??
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Is RNH gonna take that next step??

The Oilers are giving us all headaches. Unless you get a deal that you feel is going to help you more, then I would stand pat. The upside with RNH is probably worth more than anyone you'd be getting in a trade at this point.

Dobber Sports Ace

Ya, you're probably right he's just so frustrating
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Wizard

Definitely worth keeping, especially if the other option is cutting losses and getting what you can. The Oilers are a mess, but he is their #1 center and for all their problems, eventually that offense is gonna come together. Hold onto him, don't sell low.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

Yes. I think one day he has a good shot of taking that next step into becoming just like Mike Ribeiro. He's not there yet, and he seems to be heading in the opposite direction, but keep the dream alive.

Dobber Sports Pro

4 points last night, could close year the year closer to 60 as he has come around lately. So not so much a dissappointment when you consider he came off major shoulder surgery in the offseason and there is always lingering affects from that for a long while. So given the surgery he could not workout and condition last summer the way he would have wanted to I think you really need to give him another season. I think he will show he is a much better player next year.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm predicting an 80-point season from the Nuge next year. Kid is dynamite, and the magical 4th year breakout is coming. Like lobo said, coming off major shoulder surgery isn't exactly an easy proposition, especially when you're undersized to begin with. I think RNH will be fine, and starting next season emerge as a point-per-game threat. Will he ever get better at winning Faceoffs? I'm not so sure about that one.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

I don't see anything to suggest a break out year for RNH next year. That being said, I would not just sell low on him right now.

What kind of offers have you had for him?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Dont be surprised if one of the EDM studs gets traded in the offseason for a stud Dman. EDM is a complete mess right now and needs to make a huge shakeup. They'll have a nother top 3 pick this year and they know that wont help them short term...look for that to be packaged along with a stud for something big in return.

His value could spike if he gets traded to a contender or EDM makes a trade that makes them better...i would be standing pat...buy low sell high

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by beteau View Post
    Dont be surprised if one of the EDM studs gets traded in the offseason for a stud Dman. EDM is a complete mess right now and needs to make a huge shakeup. They'll have a nother top 3 pick this year and they know that wont help them short term...look for that to be packaged along with a stud for something big in return.

His value could spike if he gets traded to a contender or EDM makes a trade that makes them better...i would be standing pat...buy low sell high
    There's no way a team like EDM, struggling with depth down the middle almost as badly as defensive depth, is going to trade its #1 Center. There's just absolutely no way that's going to happen unless they get another Center in return. I just don't see it happening. I wouldn't be surprised to see EDM take a Center with their 2014 1st round pick, whoever is available bwtween Sam Bennett / Sam Reinhart when they pick, presumably #2 overall. Most people would like them to take Ekblad, and that's probably the smart decision from an organizational standpoint; however, EDM needs Centers just as badly as they need D. They've got guys like Klefbom / Schultz / Darnell Nurse who are going to be the future of the blue-line, but when it comes to Centers ... after RNH and Gagner (who arguably shouldn't even be a Center) the pickins' get pretty damn slim.

RNH is going to be an Oiler for the duration of his contract, barring some unforeseen stockpiling of superior Centermen by EDM over the next few seasons. In the short term, though, it's safe to say that the Nuge isn't going anywhere.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    There's no way a team like EDM, struggling with depth down the middle almost as badly as defensive depth, is going to trade its #1 Center. There's just absolutely no way that's going to happen unless they get another Center in return. I just don't see it happening. I wouldn't be surprised to see EDM take a Center with their 2014 1st round pick, whoever is available bwtween Sam Bennett / Sam Reinhart when they pick, presumably #2 overall. Most people would like them to take Ekblad, and that's probably the smart decision from an organizational standpoint; however, EDM needs Centers just as badly as they need D. They've got guys like Klefbom / Schultz / Darnell Nurse who are going to be the future of the blue-line, but when it comes to Centers ... after RNH and Gagner (who arguably shouldn't even be a Center) the pickins' get pretty damn slim.

RNH is going to be an Oiler for the duration of his contract, barring some unforeseen stockpiling of superior Centermen by EDM over the next few seasons. In the short term, though, it's safe to say that the Nuge isn't going anywhere.
    Well they are getting nowhere with they're "number 1 centre" and they are an absolute train wreck of an organization so i'll respectfully disagree with your assesment. A major shake up is bound to happen and i would'nt rule out anything...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Best game I've seen from the Nuge all year. That kid line was something else last night!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post

100% agree with this. Nuge is our only legit top-2 centreman......there is next to zero chance he gets moved. Eberle, Yak, Gagner, etc etc are all in play, Nuge and Hall aren't going anywhere. C is an area we need to address, not an area of strength that we can deal from. We have too many small, skilled wingers, those are the chips that will be (hopefully) used to bring in the D and big physical top-six forwards this team desperately needs.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    100% agree with this. Nuge is our only legit top-2 centreman......there is next to zero chance he gets moved. Eberle, Yak, Gagner, etc etc are all in play, Nuge and Hall aren't going anywhere. C is an area we need to address, not an area of strength that we can deal from. We have too many small, skilled wingers, those are the chips that will be (hopefully) used to bring in the D and big physical top-six forwards this team desperately needs.
    This is exactly what I'm saying ... they're not going to deal RNH from a position of weakness. The team is already DESPERATE for Centermen, so I just don't see it happening. That being said, there is no reason to think there won't be a major shakeup in the offseason. In fact, there damn well should be. But it's going to come by trading a Yakupov / Gagner. Gagner is a prime example of how WEAK the Edmonton Oilers are at Center; if you think they're going to trade away RNH when they're so desperate as to play Gagner as a regular Centerman, I think you're sadly mistaken. There will be a shakeup, but RNH isn't going anywhere.

Banned

I think that anybody who still thinks RNH has 80 point upside is out of their mind. RNH is the worst first overall forward picked in the last 20 years (other than P. Stefan and maybe Yakupov) and he will never be a true number one center - not even close. He's too slight, too weak, and he still hasn't figured out a way to deal with it like other smaller players have. I watched RNH get bullied all over the ice earlier this year by H. Sedin and it spoke volumes about what kind of player RNH is going to be. There isn't another number one overall forward in those 20 years who wasn't making a bigger impact by their third year - and they all played on terrible teams just like the Oilers. Hope he stays healthy and you should get 60+ points a season, but I wouldn't be expecting a star player, or one who puts up 70 points with any consistency. Mike Ribiero, a soft, perimeter forward with excellent vision and play making abilities is his upside, which is really nothing to scoff at, but it isn't the elusive superstar that so many are still clutching to so dearly.