Thread: Forum update: March 29, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Forum update: March 29, 2014

Things are running very smoothly with the new forum. Since February 13 when we finally launched this properly working version, I have had two complaints about being unable to login - and in both cases, they just forgot their user name (and this could be retrieved, if they cared to look). This is a HUGE improvement over two complaints per HOUR! that I seemed to be getting between November and February.

Here are the latest fixes:

1. The search function was finally indexed. You may have tried some searches recently and didn't find any threads listed. That issue is now solved as of March 29

2. Mobile version now has a link to your subscribed threads, solved as of March 29. So mobile users - have at'er!

3. There is a mobile version now. Fixed March 18 (or thereabouts)

4. Added features earlier this week, including Top Posters of the month, and of the day

Missing posts update

As you know, we lost posts between Nov. 13 and Feb. 13. These have to be put in manually (copy/paste). The following sections are completed:

- Baseball (all)
    - Football (all)
    - Other Stuff (all)
    - Hockey Prospects (all)...and I'm afraid that we completely lost the awesome "Rossy's prospect chat" from late January, which sucks. I'll keep trying to find it in the old forum databases.

- Hockey - Keeper League D-men - this is done for November and December. Need to add January and 13 days of February
    - General Hockey Chat - Eastern Conference is still being worked on, but some are in.

ETA on the missing posts, we're probably talking June. It's low priority, but we're chipping away as we get time (Atomic Wedgy is helping me). Just 20 minutes here or there.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Forum update: March 29, 2014

*slow clap* bravo, sir ... Thanks so much for all the hard work.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Monster

Awesome stuff!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I can't find the post where you talked about it, but is The Great One and a pic of Oiler Gretzky a new thing for 9900 posts?
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I can't find the post where you talked about it, but is The Great One and a pic of Oiler Gretzky a new thing for 9900 posts?
    haha yep!

I've been meaning to post the chart of all the ranks, the criteria for Rep, etc. Will get to it soon

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Monster

Can't wait to rid myself of the damn Love Guru lol.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Can't wait to rid myself of the damn Love Guru lol.
    Haha - hey if anyone has a better icon for any particular title, post it and maybe we'll replace

Dobber Sports Monster

Use car themes.

Maybe start the new members out with a beat up looking Gremlin and then they work there way up to more desired cars. Maybe an El Camino in the early numbers as they graduate post counts to muscle cars, etc ....working their way up to Lamborghini's etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Haha - hey if anyone has a better icon for any particular title, post it and maybe we'll replace

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah, I've gotta admit: I don't want my icon to be a picture of the Love Guru. I'm seriously diggin' Einstein, though.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

LOL! I barely look at those little avatars. I dont even know what mine is but once I click reply I will see it.

Edit: I am a sports wizard I guess. I dont know many wizards so I guess that ones fine. I dont even know who that is in my avatar.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."