Thread: Looking for a little pre-emptive keeper feedback...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Looking for a little pre-emptive keeper feedback...

Team in sig, keep 12, 2 goalie limit. Obviously some of my guys are locked in and I've bolded them...I'm curious what others would do with this team. I only have 2 moves left and I'm in the money so those 2 moves will likely be used to keep me there, not grab young guys. I guess I'm most on the fence with keeping one or both of Hedman/McDonagh...both seem to have some serious potential but I'm leery of keeping 3-4 D going into a draft...buuuut I kind of like the idea of just going full tilt on forwards until grabbing my 5th D with a late pick. Is it worth keeping Granlund or Moulson over either of them? I'd like to see where Moulson goes obviously. Feedback is welcome...could really use a fresh set of eyes on my team!

C - Seguin (RW), Granlund, Desharnais, Cogliano (LW)
    LW - Duchene (C), Moulson (RW), Elias (C), Vermette (C)
    RW - Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Vrbata
    D - Subban, Byfuglien, Hedman, McDonagh, Boychuk
    G - Price, Niemi, Kuemper
    IR - Tavares

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Looking for a little pre-emptive keeper feedback...

Those are all solid keepers and I see your predicament with the Hedman/McDonagh + Granlund/Moulson. Right off the bat, I think you should definitely keep Hedman. He's been great this year and is racking up points like crazy. Next, I'm a huge Granlund fan, but my gut is telling me to go with Moulson here; ugh it's very close.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would definatly keep one of Hedman/MacDonagh over Granlund. Moulson would be my other keeper as well.
    IFL-full keeper,g,a,+/-,ppg,ppa,shg,gwg(goalies)w,so,shots,-1/goal :dress 9f,6d, 2g/ week 25man roster.
    kucherov,marner,mathews,ovechkin,oshie,s.aho, kopitar, kadri,stephenson,malkin, Hartman,Erickson EK(d)letang,krug,fox, doughty ,goligoski,ekholm, forsling, durzi, grzelcyk(g)bobrovsky,m.a.fleury, reimer, francouz

ABL-markstrom,shesterkin,ullmark(f)Giroux,Tavares,ovec hkin,geuntzel, Sam Bennett , r Strome , buchnevich, zbinejad,bjorkstrand , Vrana, stone,pacioretty, rust , Rossi(d)brannstrom,ellis,hedman, Ty smith, Teows, weegar,Soucy , gostisbehere (same stats as above league)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Nice team! Based on the fact that you are absolutely stacked with D, I would look at protecting 3 instead of 4. Your forwards are nice too but I think adding another keeper to that group would be more beneficial than loading your back end. Your scoring cats don't seem to favour Defencemen in anyway so I would look at trying to find the right balance of keepers. So, that brings us to keeping one of either Moulson or Granlund. I'm in the Granlund camp here. There is some risk, but with the potential future of the Wild and Granlund's potential upside, I think it's worth a shot. As you said, Moulson's future is somewhat clouded, very solid player but his "opportunity" remains a big question mark. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd be going with the ones you have highlighted and then Hedman and McDonagh.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd take McDonagh for one as he is continually getting better and PP1 time. With the other spot I'd take Granlund based on potential of both him and the Minnesota Wild.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice guys...looks like it's kinda split down the middle haha. I like Hedman the best of the four to be honest...I envision a solid year of feeding Stammer and the rest of those trigger-happy kids. I snagged him as a throw in on my Kessel for Thornton/Koivu deal (the other guy wanted assists, I wasn't going to argue...). Originally I had planned on keeping Granlund as I like where the Wild are headed and he seems to be fitting in nicely there...he'd probably be the easiest of the 4 guys to re-acquire in the draft since guys in my league aren't really paying attention to Minni (guess we'll see how much Dobber hypes them in the next guide haha) . So I guess it's really just down to Moulson and McD. Oh the pains of having too many keepers...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by allonblack View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys...looks like it's kinda split down the middle haha. I like Hedman the best of the four to be honest...I envision a solid year of feeding Stammer and the rest of those trigger-happy kids. I snagged him as a throw in on my Kessel for Thornton/Koivu deal (the other guy wanted assists, I wasn't going to argue...). Originally I had planned on keeping Granlund as I like where the Wild are headed and he seems to be fitting in nicely there...he'd probably be the easiest of the 4 guys to re-acquire in the draft since guys in my league aren't really paying attention to Minni (guess we'll see how much Dobber hypes them in the next guide haha) . So I guess it's really just down to Moulson and McD. Oh the pains of having too many keepers...
    Package two of them together in a trade for a better keeper?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    Package two of them together in a trade for a better keeper?
    Deadline passed a couple weeks back and we don't have trades until after the draft...I actually moved Vanek/Anderson out for Niemi at the last minute so I already had to chop down my forward keepers haha.

Dobber Sports Titan

C - Seguin (RW), Granlund, Desharnais, Cogliano (LW)
    LW - Duchene (C), Moulson (RW), Elias (C), Vermette (C)
    RW - Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Vrbata
    D - Subban, Byfuglien, Hedman, McDonagh, Boychuk
    G - Price, Niemi, Kuemper
    IR – Tavares
    I only say the two d because Grandlund is stuck with 2nd line duties for a while with Koivu in front of him, and moulson needs to be in an offensive first team to produce well enough to be a keeper on your team. He’s skilled, but has shown he flourishes in offensive first (NYI) teams rather than defensive first (Minny) teams.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

Has to be Hedman and Granlund for me. Hedman is finally showing he's the real deal and i dont think we've seen the best of Granlund yet. Almost identical points/game and Granlund is so much younger than Moulson.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3