Thread: Future Multi-cat Studs?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Future Multi-cat Studs?

So I'm always on the hunt for potential future multi-cat studs for the league in my sig. Last year's gem was obviously Radko Gudas, who I drafted in the final round of my prospect draft and immediately called up to be a major difference maker. I've emptied the prospect cupboards via trades this year, so looking to restock with similarly useful multi-cat players that fly under the radar.

Any suggestions for guys to target in next year's draft? Any player drafted/signed by an NHL team (or will be drafted in the upcoming draft), and that has played less than 25 NHL games qualifies. Looking at both F and Dmen. Thanks!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Future Multi-cat Studs?

Jamie Oleksiak (DAL-D), should be a good one. He has only 23 GP.
    Alex Petrovic (FLA-D).
    Mitchell Heard (COL-F).
    Lukas Sutter (WPG-F).

In PIM/Hits/Blocks league, I believe that it's best to goon it up on defense.
    So... better to invest in D-men for goon stats, if all the offensively gifted forwards are taken.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Jamie Oleksiak (DAL-D), should be a good one. He has only 23 GP.
    Alex Petrovic (FLA-D).
    Mitchell Heard (COL-F).
    Lukas Sutter (WPG-F).

In PIM/Hits/Blocks league, I believe that it's best to goon it up on defense.
    So... better to invest in D-men for goon stats, if all the offensively gifted forwards are taken.
    Thanks Pengwin! I fully agree on deploying dmen for those stats. Our league is adding 2 util roster spots next year, and I'd like to use one of those 2 spots for another Gudas-type dmen. I don't know much about the players you listed, time to do some reading
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Petrovic should be a good one, one of your earlier choices.
    FLA only has two veteran D men signed for next year... including the overpriced Brian Soupy Campbell & the aging Dinosaur who is Jovo-Cop.
    http://www.capgeek.com/panthers
    Both those guys are NOT in the long-term plans of FLA.
    Petrovic should, assuming FLA doesn't break the bank on UFA D-men, get a #6 or #7 role next year and play 40 games.
    I'd expect that FLA re-signs Kulikov and Gudbranson (both RFA)... but you never know which NHL club might play the "tender RFA" game!
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=timeOnIce
    If Petrovic is not up next year for 40 GP... he will be the following year, when Jovo retires.
    And possibly the cap rises enough for somebody to actually "WANT" Soupy Campbell! LOL! (who am I kidding?!)
    He's a 3rd pairing D man that is going to get lots of PK-time with his big frame.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great info, you rock! Reading up and watching some footage on Petrovic now.....heard the name before but didn't know much about him. A quick glance at his stats shows that he has 100+ PIM potential, which is the first qualifier for the type of player that I'm looking for. I love me my big-PIM dmen

Dobber Sports Giant

Another guy who doesn't get a lot of press around these parts is Michael Matheson (drafted 23rd overall in 2012 by FLA). 42 points / 123 PIM / +31 rating in 71 GP (first two seasons in NCAA with the BC Eagles); Matheson is likely a couple years away, but he could be a real beauty in multi-cat formats. I think he's got a lot more offensive upside than people give him credit for.

http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...chael-matheson

Another guy is Mark Borowiecki, but everyone pretty much knows about him now. Think Radko Gudas with ZERO offense.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Another guy who doesn't get a lot of press around these parts is Michael Matheson (drafted 23rd overall in 2012 by FLA). 42 points / 123 PIM / +31 rating in 71 GP (first two seasons in NCAA with the BC Eagles); Matheson is likely a couple years away, but he could be a real beauty in multi-cat formats. I think he's got a lot more offensive upside than people give him credit for.

http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...chael-matheson

Another guy is Mark Borowiecki, but everyone pretty much knows about him now. Think Radko Gudas with ZERO offense.
    Thanks MounD, adding them to my list!

Banned

Anders Lee should be a solid contributor, and if he happens to find a spot on JT's wing in the future, he could be pure gold.
    I'd put him at the top of your list.