Thread: Mulling over Keepers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Mulling over Keepers

Hey All,

I was lucky enough to come in 2nd regular season so have a bye this week while I wait to see who I face. So I got around to preemptively picking my keepers and am now stuck on who I want to keep. The locks are a gimme, the remaining spots though make it hard.

League is in sig, we keep 2c, 2lw, 2rw, 2d, 1g and 1 player any position

Locks:
    Malking (C/RW)
    Ovy (RW)
    Hall (C/LW)
    Subban (D)
    Rask (G)

This would leave me with 2C, 1 LW, 1 D, 1 Wild spots left.

So my thoughts on the remainder (in no particular order)
    Schneider (using wild - in a 14 team keeper where most teams keep 2 goalies I'd be crazy not to keep him right?)
    Letang (Injury concerns, but I can't just let him go can i?)
    Giordano (Makes the keeping Letang decision muddy)

For the forwards it gets a bit muddier, with ~3 spots for several "Good" players I'm really torn:
    Little (Played really well this year, with RW eligibility and the FOW he has added value - does he regress?)
    Fippula (Aside from Injury he's been doing really well in Tampa, Added C/LW ability gives same FOW advantage)
    Dubinsky (I moved lupul for him earlier, has wing eligibility, gets FOW, lower point celing, great multi cat strength though)
    Nyquist (Didn't expect this much from a WW pickup mid season, now played his way into my keeper heart so hard to let him go as well)

Doubt the rest hold a candle to the guys above but some intrigue:
    Ott (still multi cat stud with Hits/PIM/FOW)
    Gudas (huge hits/pims/blks)
    Fisher (Top line Nashville center? meh)

Am kind of stuck so would appreciate any feedback you guys have! Ideally I'd love to rank the guys I'd keep, take the remaining gems and perhaps package them into an upgrade at one position, just not sure where that is :P
    14 team H2H Partial Keeper 23/24 - Season 14
    Keep: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G and 1 Wild
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Trochek, Malkin, Scheifele, Seguin, Novak
    LW - J Robertson, M.Tkachuk, Barbashev, Sherwood
    RW - Kirill Kaprizov, Tippett, Evangelista, McBain
    D - Bouchard, K Miller, Valimaki, Forsling, Chabot
    G - Sorokin, Copley
    IR - Thompson, Svechnikov

I...am your father.

Default Re: Mulling over Keepers

Definitely yes to Letang, Gio, Schneider idea. And Nyquist should be included under locks. That leaves you with 2 C between Little, Filp and Duby. That's a tough call, any two could be the right two or the wrong two. If it's me I guess I'd drop Little
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Thanks for the reply Dobber, I won't be able to keep both Gio and Letang, so it'd have to be one or the other.... OR...... keep 3 D and only 1 G meaning Schneids gets packaged or dropped at season's end...... sigh the follies of a partial keeper :P

G - Sorokin, Copley

Dobber Sports Titan

Schneider
    Letang if his recovery goes smoothly. If he somehow gets a weird set back, go with Gio. He’s done very well this year

Since Stamkos has come back, has Fippula done anything special? I’m unsure of this, but I can’t see him bringing much to the table next yr when stamkos is hungry and healthy

Nyquist – I would like to see Nyquist play a little more than 2/3rds of a season. You can’t say he will be a beast because Red Wings love Swedish snipers. He’s won me over in leagues with a lot of keepers and shallow teams

Dubinsky – I would not consider him a keeper unless you need perif stats

Little – He’s shown he can play top line minutes, as well as 1st powerplay line.

So final keepers I would say Schneider, Letang/Gio, Little, Nyquist, and coin flip between Fippula and Duby

12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

C-Malkin/Nyquist
    R-Ovechkin/Little
    L-Hall/Filppula
    D-Subban/Letang
    G-Rask
    W-Schneider

Easy pleasy. Little does not regress, he will improve next season. Filppula is fitting in VERY well in TB and with Stamkos. Hell yeah to keeping Schneider with your wildcard selection. His GAA on this sad team is amazing and will only get better once Brodeur either leaves or accepts that at this point in his HOF career, Schnedier is a far better goaltender. Nyquist has shown what he can do and his confidence has got to be off the charts right now. Will he get 40 goals and 80 points next year? I doubt it, you can't project next year (accurately anyway) from the run he's been on, it's been otherworldly, but when the Wings have both Zetterberg and Datsyuk, Nyquist owners will be (are) drooling at the points potential.

You have a really nice group of keepers. Make sure to drop down a little at your draft to take those Dubinsky/Gudas (multi-cat studs) - your keepers are heavy in talent/points, so you'll need to offset that with those sandpaper (or belt sander in the case of Gudas!). guys. Best of luck with your decision. I hate limited keepers!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    C-Malkin/Nyquist
    R-Ovechkin/Little
    L-Hall/Filppula
    D-Subban/Letang
    G-Rask
    W-Schneider

Easy pleasy. Little does not regress, he will improve next season. Filppula is fitting in VERY well in TB and with Stamkos. Hell yeah to keeping Schneider with your wildcard selection. His GAA on this sad team is amazing and will only get better once Brodeur either leaves or accepts that at this point in his HOF career, Schnedier is a far better goaltender. Nyquist has shown what he can do and his confidence has got to be off the charts right now. Will he get 40 goals and 80 points next year? I doubt it, you can't project next year (accurately anyway) from the run he's been on, it's been otherworldly, but when the Wings have both Zetterberg and Datsyuk, Nyquist owners will be (are) drooling at the points potential.

You have a really nice group of keepers. Make sure to drop down a little at your draft to take those Dubinsky/Gudas (multi-cat studs) - your keepers are heavy in talent/points, so you'll need to offset that with those sandpaper (or belt sander in the case of Gudas!). guys. Best of luck with your decision. I hate limited keepers!
    Thanks Comish, this was really well thought out and helpful

G - Sorokin, Copley