Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Martin St Louis

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Martin St Louis

He’s only been in one system pretty much his whole career, and he’s been the center of that system. When Stamkos came, everyone still said he did as well as he did because of St Louis. He needs a bit of time to get use to all of this. I think like mid last week he was finally driving in from his home to games, he was staying at hotels all the time. He’s got a wicked shot, and it’s only a matter of time until it clicks. However, I don’t see him coming back into form this year. I’m a sad St Louis owner. I’m not wasting a keeper spot on a guy whose career could be done in 2015. However in a salary cap league, he might be someone to look at, he goes from 6.5mill to 5mill next yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey, look who decided to wake up tonight!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Do you guys think this was a blip or a sign of more to come?
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Pro

The blip was the scoring slump. Tonight it was a return to the normal for MSL.

Dobber Sports Padawan

very happy to see the stat line last night - hope its a sign of more to come.
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm not surprised. He will continue to produce even in New York, he's a competitor.

I've always been able to pick him later in the draft than he deserves and he never disappoints. Another PPG+ next year.

Dobber Sports Legend

IMO St. Louis will "bounce back" a bit next season but the gold-level points are gone. If you own the little fellow expect 67-75 points from him moving forward, not 80+ or you will be disappointed. NY is not the best hockey fit for him - Nash is an annual injury guy, Richards is past his prime, Stepan is too similar and I don't think anyone there clicks with MSL the way his guys in Tampa did. Not to mention, players don't usually produce heavily in NY for some reason. When was the last time they had a legit player perform at a superstar level (not just good or real good)? Leetch? Messier? Zubov? Jagr? Everyone assumed Nash would go there and be an 80-85 point superstar or better (me included) and it didn't happen.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    When was the last time they had a legit player perform at a superstar level (not just good or real good)? Leetch? Messier? Zubov? Jagr?
    Gaborik had 86 points as a Ranger in 2009-10, that's the only one I can think of. He had 76 points two years later.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkys_Choice View Post
    Gaborik had 86 points as a Ranger in 2009-10, that's the only one I can think of. He had 76 points two years later.
    Wow, I wasn't even thinking Gaborik, but that would qualify - 86 is superstar production IMO; 76 not so much.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Even still, i think your point is correct... Gretzky, Jagr, Gomez, Drury, Nash, Richards... The rangers sure like to overpay for past-their-prime stars, and then tarnish or even ruin their legacy. I'm hoping St Louis turns out more like Gaborik than the others, but based on his age, I have my doubts.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkys_Choice View Post
    Even still, i think your point is correct... Gretzky, Jagr, Gomez, Drury, Nash, Richards... The rangers sure like to overpay for past-their-prime stars, and then tarnish or even ruin their legacy. I'm hoping St Louis turns out more like Gaborik than the others, but based on his age, I have my doubts.
    Markus Naslund...
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Pro

Those who undervalue MSL next season will regret it. Save my post. Write it down.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Those who undervalue MSL next season will regret it. Save my post. Write it down.
    You're saying 80+ next year? As a St. Louis owner I hope you prove to be correct.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    You're saying 80+ next year? As a St. Louis owner I hope you prove to be correct.
    80 or more...easy.

Dobber Sports Stud

I am not going to say he's "Done" and not worth owning etc.....however I don't think his future is looking too good.

Think of it....his best point playing years was playing with Stamkos, as well as Lecavalier (when he was one of the tops in the league). You hate to put someones production based on their partners......but how can't you.

He's now got Nash - who isn't Stamkos and Richards - who isn't what Vinny was.....and the rest of the Rangers team is very balanced but no superstar.

Like the rest of the Rangers team, I still think St Louis will be a decent own - maybe the best in NY - but I don't think he'll be 80-90 point player very much if at all again.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH