Thread: Trade my Malkin for Hall Buff and a third??!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trade my Malkin for Hall Buff and a third??!!

Deadline tomorrow, tied for first! Will my keepers suffer greatly with hall instead. Third is 22 overall. Team below. Is hall any less a band aid to justify trading Malkin in dynasty?? Malkins stressful to own at times but is second best keeper for sure
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Trade my Malkin for Hall Buff and a third??!!

What are your chances of finishing 1st with a band-aid solution instead of trading Malkin? If you can add someone from the waiver wire without much trouble, I would advocate going that route as Malkin - despite the nagging injury concerns - is the 2nd best keeper in most formats when it comes to production on a per-game basis. It's just impossible to replace that production, and although Hall is a great option, he just isn't going to hold a candle to Malkin's production. On the other hand, if you aren't really able to find a good replacement, and this trade is your best option to win the championship, I'd pull the trigger and understand that you ultimately got a pretty good return in crunch time. Fantasy hockey is all about winning championships, but it's really tough to trade away Malkin -- especially when you also own Crosby. The total upside is enormous.

Ultimately, it's up to you. I'd be very, very reluctant to make any move with Crosby/Malkin involved; however, if you want to win this year, and you feel like this is your only chance, then maybe pulling the trigger would suit you. It's really all dependent on your level of risk when it comes to this year's championship. Crosby/Malkin is a duo that wins championships, just maybe not this year.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't. I think it is quite the drop off and you could likely get a better return. Hall himself is kinda injury prone, so still something to worry about year after year. Also, having Sid, Malkin, and MAF pretty much guarantees you a win. Or a loss for the year. The success of 1 will probably translate into the success of all of them. I personally like pairing them accordingly.

But if you wanna trade, I would look to the Stamkos owner if I were you.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hm, you can't say the offer you were given is a bad one because it's definitely fair. I still do not advocate trading anyone named Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, or Stamkos. I would stand pat and keep Super Malkin.

Dobber Sports Star

I wouldn't do it. I'm a little confused though, does 'dynasty' not imply that all players are kept? How is it a keep 5 dynasty?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I wouldn't do it. I'm a little confused though, does 'dynasty' not imply that all players are kept? How is it a keep 5 dynasty?
    I was wondering the same question.. dynasties usually keep mostly all players that are rostered.. how's a keep-5 a dynasty?

Dobber Sports Padawan

yah I kinda messed that up lol. For some reason people in our league thought keepers ended after 3 years so we just ended up calling it that to clear things up lol. But I decided I'm not gonna pull the trigger. And the Stamkos owner is impossible to trade with lol. Once got offered Brad Boyes and Milan Michalek for Nash lol. For some reason people in our league don't watch to much Malkin and don't think he's that good hahah, it's ridiculous. I tried Seguin and Mackinnon with one of my pals and he said both those players will end up better than Malkin, so it looks like no one will bite but the one haha. Still, my frustration wore off and realized it's best to keep the second best in the world haha. Hopefully he can have a healthy season soon.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

The Wolverine

Just a suggestion - you should include the type of league (H2H, Roto etc) in your signature. Could make a big difference in future advice you receive.