Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Does Tyler win the Taylor vs. Tyler battle finally?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Does Tyler win the Taylor vs. Tyler battle finally?

I'd go with Seguin. I think Seguin and Benn have great chemistry and will continue to produce elite number for years to come.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Veteran

How can you say anyone 'finally' wins this battle when they are within 5-6 points of each other, and are both still only 23 and improving? You won't be able to say who 'wins finally' until one of them clearly establishes themselves as being a tier or two above, or they both retire and we can look back at their career numbers.

Personally, I'd still rather own Hall. I think he's got the higher ultimate upside.....the fact that he's put up better than a ppg for the last 2 brutal seasons on a dysfunctional team says a lot. Seguin is currently in the much better situation, if Hall ever gets to play with someone of Benn's calibre, watch out! Once Hall has a legit top line centre playing with him, whether that is an older Nuge or someone else, he will really give us a taste of his upside. Injury is an obvious risk, but if he can stay healthy, I really like what the future holds for Hall.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Pro

Seems unfair to have this debate again days after perhaps Hall's worst game of his career and a circus of media following this silly little water bottle story with some commentators taking extreme stances, calling him spoiled and immature etc...Just seems like a time where people's opinions have been skewed.
    Like having this debate after Boston management called out Seguin then traded him.

A year ago it was Hall quite easily, now it's turned back the other way, let's give it some more time before we start arguing who's better and which elite prospect the Oilers should have drafted in the last 3-4 years, when thats not a fair sample size for 20-23 year old players.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think I'm with you Dobber. Seguin appears to be doing it all this year and has already elevated Dallas and the players around him. I haven't seen that from Hall to the same degree (although he has been very close and had a nice lockout shortened year).
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    How can you say anyone 'finally' wins this battle when they are within 5-6 points of each other, and are both still only 23 and improving? You won't be able to say who 'wins finally' until one of them clearly establishes themselves as being a tier or two above, or they both retire and we can look back at their career numbers.

Personally, I'd still rather own Hall. I think he's got the higher ultimate upside.....the fact that he's put up better than a ppg for the last 2 brutal seasons on a dysfunctional team says a lot. Seguin is currently in the much better situation, if Hall ever gets to play with someone of Benn's calibre, watch out! Once Hall has a legit top line centre playing with him, whether that is an older Nuge or someone else, he will really give us a taste of his upside. Injury is an obvious risk, but if he can stay healthy, I really like what the future holds for Hall.
    This. Taylor Hall still wins this.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Sage

At this point Seguin is better in almost every facet of the game thus I would obviously take him. I wouldn't say he has won though yet, still way to early to tell that!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    At this point Seguin is better in almost every facet of the game...!
    Factually? Or your opinion?

Points per game. Goals scored. Power play points... All pretty important offensive facets... Hall is factually out producing Seguin...and in fewer games.

You must mean hits and or blocks??? His play without the puck? Ahhhh nope... Hall out produces seguin there aswell.

What facets facets of the game make up "nearly all" ... ? +/-? Ok... Got me there....FO%... Yeah seguin the C blows the LW hall out of the water. .444 to .442.

Your blanket statement lacks substance this time BBB my friend.