Thread: Tatar + Morgan Rielly for Couturier + Zibanejad

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Tatar + Morgan Rielly for Couturier + Zibanejad

For the team in the sig so i would get Tatar and Rielly. I am big on Rielly and think Tatar/Nyquist are going to light it up for years to come. Couturier's game translates awkwardly to fantasy hockey... How is the deal for me?

Thanks.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty (26 man main roster)
    G, A, PTS, PPP, +/-, SOG, HITS+BLKS, FOW, PIM, W, SV, GAA, SV%, SO

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Tatar + Morgan Rielly for Couturier + Zibanejad

I think Couturier will actually be the best player in this deal, Morgan Rielly a close second (relative fantasy value). Don't get me wrong, I think Tatar is a fantastic player already, and I'm not incredibly high on Zibanejad; however, I think long-term Couturier > Tatar / Rielly. Ultimately, the deal is pretty even because Rielly / Tatar > Zibanejad, but I think in a few years you might be regretting a Couturier trade.

Not a bad trade by any means, though. You pick up two studs.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd keep Couturier. He could be next year's Ryan Johansen, IMO.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd stick with Tatar/Rielly personally. We've been waiting a long time for Couturier without much to show for it, and Zibanejad hasn't impressed for an extended period of time either. I think you have a higher ceiling and floor with Tatar and Rielly.

Dobber Sports Novice

So thats 2 votes to keep Couturier and 1 against. Anyone else want to weigh in? The deal is on the table but i do fear moving Couturier. Zib hasn't impressed me and id be happy to upgrade him.

Maybe a better question might be what is Tatar's upside compared to Couturiers?

The Great One

Skater Categories are: G / A / SOG / FW / PPP / SHP / BLK / PIM / +-

Couturier is very good in 2 categories: 5 SHP (tied for 2nd in the league) and 570 FW (30th in the league). And he's 21 years old, the points will start coming. I'd really hate to give up on him. I'd prefer to offer Zibby for Morgan Reilly and see if he goes for that instead...

Dobber Sports Novice

He wont budge on Rielly but will trade Maatta for Zibby. I am going to sleep on it but im leaning toward accepting. My playoff push has cost me a couple of top prospects so id like to get another top end prospect back on the roster. Zibby has never been elite at any level he has played. I see Maatta with the better pedigree.

Is it a positive move for the team in my sig? Who has the higher value for my league settings? Id really appreciate a couple of opinions.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't get the appeal to Couturier from a fantasy perspective. The Flyers seem set on using him as a shutdown C, and he doesn't get enough PP time to make up for it. With the exception of B. Schenn, an RFA, the Flyers entire top six is locked up through 15/16. Even if they trade Schenn I don't see them moving Couturier to that line. Much like the top six, the top PP unit is locked up for the forseeable future. Maybe if Schenn gets moved that would open the door for Couturier to get some more time on the second unit, but is that really going to increase his production all that much? The reason why Ryan Johansen was able to break out in Columbus this year is due in no small part to the fact that he leads all Columbus forwards in TOI/G and is second on the team in PPTOI/G. That isn't going to happen for Couturier.

As for Maatta, I wouldn't worry too much about trying to add another young D when you're already keeping Doughty/Giordano/Hedman/Gudas/Gardiner. I would be more concerned about trying to upgrade your wings.

Dobber Sports Master

Check out this article about Couturier. Maybe it will only muddy the waters for you, but it is an interesting read at least:

http://thehockeywriters.com/sean-cou...nchise-player/

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy